CageFighter

shady new pistol sale @BH!

My shooting buddy just bought a new pistol from Bullet Hole,  brings it home to find out there's only 1 mag in it after he was told it comes with THREE.  Calls them up and came back in to get the other 2. Not sure if they a OEM Glock mags.  They person behind the counter tells him they pull mags from new pistols all the time.  What kinda shit is that?  He's pissed now and wont buy anything from them going forward.  Too bad he's a new shooter w alot of $$ to spend.  WTF! 

Bullet Hole is generally pretty solid but everyone screws up.  I would for sure tell your buddy to call and speak directly to Manny.

If the mag says Glock on it, it's OEM.  If 10 rounders, your buddy MAY want to look in to buying ETS or Magpul mags as the Glock 10's have a habit of breaking by the feed lips if dropped.  So, if he runs a class or something like that, it may become an issue.  I run the ETS mags and they have been flawless.  
And before anyone chimes in re: Glock mags breaking, this is per the instructor at the Glock Armorer's Course.

Good luck.

24 minutes ago, tony357 said:

What pistol comes with three mag's ?  One or two  do not recall any with 3 mag's unless they were used. 

In the gun shops I've been to brand new Glock's regularly come with 3 magazines.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/197824/pa1750203/glock-17-gen5-9mm-17-round-pistol

"What's in the box?"

• Glock 17 Gen5 9mm 17-Round Pistol
  • (3) Magazines
  • (2) Interchangeable Back Straps
  • Speed Loader
  • 9mm Bore Brush
  • Back Strap Disassembly Tool (MBS)
  • Cable Lock
  • Hard Shell Case
  • Owner’s Instruction Manual

he just got his permit that morning and went to buy is FIRST gun that night.   he was absolutely clueless when walking in.  he listened to the sales guy and then got surprised when he got home.  unfort, I was in so jersey and he didnt want to wait until i got back up north.

15 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

he just got his permit that morning and went to buy is FIRST gun that night.   he was absolutely clueless when walking in.  he listened to the sales guy and then got surprised when he got home.  unfort, I was in so jersey and he didnt want to wait until i got back up north.

He didn't look in the box?

• Agree 2

On the handle of the black plastic case that all Glocks come in, there is a white label, right between the two gray plastic clips that hold the box closed.  That label has the bar code, it lists the model and caliber of the firearm, and it lists how many magazines (and of what capacity) are included in the case.

If what he received does not match what the Glock label said comes in the case, I'd say he has recourse, and the vendor had better come up with the missing GLOCK OEM mags.  And if there is a problem, I'd think Glock would want to hear about it.

Glock Customer Service

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@CageFighter stated that his friend went back in and got the extra mags. If they were OEM, then the issue was resolved.

I can see how they were pulled out originally. They probably ran out of individual mags for sale, and pulled them until restocked. They just forgot to put them back in. 

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

He didn't look in the box?

Exactly!!  He buys a new gun, but DOESN'T look in the box to see if all the parts and pieces are in it? Or, doesn't understand what's included? So when he gets home and figures it out, he goes back and they give him the missing mags.

Now, he won't patronize the store because of that?

Scary stuff....

If he's clueless, maybe he shouldn't own the gun in the first place... :dontknow:

Glad it worked out for the buyer.   I won't fault a first-time buyer for not realizing there were mags missing, he may well have gone in not knowing how many mags to expect in the first place.   And in the showroom, the eye is drawn to the shiny new toy, not the accessories.

As for the lasting impression the vendor may have made, I know if it had been me and the vendor quickly admitted it was their mistake and handed over the missing mags when I returned for them, I'd forgive them.  If the vendor dug in their heels and fought to not hand them over, only grudgingly acquiessing when pushed hard, I'd write that vendor off as one I'd not use in the future.

I don't know where on that scale the buyer's experience with the vendor fell, but since the vendor admitted they always pull the included mags from the guns they sell, I'd be concerned.

9 hours ago, tony357 said:

What pistol comes with three mag's ?  One or two  do not recall any with 3 mag's unless they were used. 

some XD and XDm skus come with three. All the Sig legion packages seem to come with at least 3 mags.  The sig x-5 package comes with four. CZ has several shadow 2 skus with three mags and competition grips. The accushadow also comes with three mags. CZ czhechmate come with four mags in two different capacities. CZ shadow target II comes with three. FNH FNS-9 competition series comes with three mags. A number of the EAA witness Stock II skus (and some others) come with three mags. That's all today. 

S&W M&P for a while had a competition pack sku with 3 mags and a holster.

There was a shop outside Atlanta that specialized in CZs well before most people had ever heard of them. He would routinely pull two of three mags to sell online at $40 a pop before he would put the gun online.You had to catch him at it or it would turn into an argument. He would try to justify it as the only way he made money. So sketchy.

There are crooks all over. Buyer Beware.