Zeus2112

P2P extension— 2 weeks, and no word

I had a permit that was expiring (in 3 weeks), but I was leaving town, so I dropped it off at the local PD before I left—that was 2 weeks ago. I have received NO word from them, so I popped in today to see if it was ready. Just got a call telling me, "NO, it's still not ready".

I'm wondering if this is "normal", to take this long, and at what point does this start to become an infringement on the 2nd amendment.

thanks

25 minutes ago, Zeus2112 said:

I had a permit that was expiring (in 3 weeks), but I was leaving town, so I dropped it off at the local PD before I left—that was 2 weeks ago. I have received NO word from them, so I popped in today to see if it was ready. Just got a call telling me, "NO, it's still not ready".

I'm wondering if this is "normal", to take this long, and at what point does this start to become an infringement on the 2nd amendment.

thanks

Did you call?

I've emailed the officer, NO reply. this also happened during the process to pick up these permits, it took almost 2 months for them, AFTER NJSP did all their background checks. I stopped in today, and someone called ME back, saying its still not ready. its now been 2 weeks since I dropped the permit off for the extension.

Different towns have different policies.

I have nothing but good things to say about my Police Department and the clerk.

I picked up two permits last month and they were already pre-filled in with the extension.