csap32

Need a little help on what to do

OK I have a dilemma back in October I did an FID change of address in Englishtown and here we are in February nothing yet I had to state police  call the detective that does it in my town and I haven’t heard anything back but I also have another house in south bound brook that I was fed up with Englishtown so much that I  Change my license back to south bound brook and did the whole process all over again did it last week and I’m already at the last stage of the criminal background check being completed now the detective from Englishtown calls me and tells me he has To ask me a couple questions so he could wrap this up so I can get me my F ID card and my permits but I already did another process in a different town what should I do I do reside at both places

When I asked the officer in south bound brook and even the state police they said doesn’t make a difference people do move within a certain timeframe and since you were ready waiting for 4 1/2 months It shouldn’t have taken that long so when I showed the southbound brook my new address on my license he said everything should be fine because it shouldn’t make a difference people do move

I have a question or dilemma. I have 2 houses I own.  Last September I put in for a fid change of address and 2 permits with Englishtown .  I’ve been waiting and waiting where I heard nothing back from the officer in charge of the permits so in JanuaryI decided to change over my license to my other residence and do the whole process all over again in my other town that I live in I had the State police prior to all this call the town of Englishtown and nothing so this morning I got an email that everything‘s been approved in Englishtown but I already started the process for south bound brook to get my F ID change of address and permits. Had a feeling this was gonna happen what do I do   My question is can I change over my license back to Englishtown get my fid card and 2 permits use them and if and when the south Bound Brook fid and permits come in I’ll switch back my license.  

@csap32 - OK, I merged your 2 threads since it's really a continuation of the same story  - that way, readers will have a better understanding of the whole sequence of events. By doing so, it also moved that second part out of General Discussion (which, fyi, is for non-firearms topics only).  

I'm lost as to what to tell you... but I'm going to flag a few people on here for you who always seem to have a good handle on the rules and regulations. Perhaps one or more of them will weigh in...  

@Smokin .50 

@Pizza Bob  

@PK90  

@GRIZ 

4 hours ago, csap32 said:

It shouldn’t be I got the call my stuff is done so now I’m asking on what to do. 

What should you do?  You ordered it, you paid for it, now go pick it up!

I'm not even gonna ASK WHY you started this fiasco in the first place if you still reside in both dwellings (as you mentioned in one of the thread posts above)...

Blind people can own gun collections.  Blind people aren't the victim of no-knock Police raids to seize firearms.  A DL is NOT required to buy guns at a FFL.  Any recognized government ID will do fine since no law exists that says only those that passed a driving test can own, transport, possess or use firearms (including hand guns btw).  Technically an urbanite who doesn't own a vehicle (or hold a DL) could transport an UNLOADED hand gun in a securely tied packed of butcher's paper & bakery string on a city bus, in a cab or Uber, etc. to use it at a gun range.

A Pennsy resident can move to Joisey with a 200 hand gun collection and as long as there aren't "Tech Nines", NFA's and anything else Jersey considers verboten, you're GTG.  NO papers needed, no mandatory reporting.

Since you didn't say you SURRENDERED YOUR YELLOW CARD when changing your address to South Bound Brook, I can therefore ASSUME you still have same with your Englishtown address, correct?  So WHERE do you wanna VOTE?  Englishtown (Marlboro/Manalapan) or South Bound Brook?  Pick one & stick with it.  In the meantime, get your permits & go shoppin' :) 

Take your Yellow Card you didn't surrender, along with your completed P2P's that you're going to pick up in the Po-Po records bureau for your Englishtown address, and go buy the hand guns you want.

There is no limit to the number of residences you may own or live in, and there is no law (as far as NJ-2C Statutes for firearms) indicating the words or phrases, "permanent, voting, ownership, renting, leasing, etc., etc.", being required to call it a NJ residence as far as firearms are concerned.  You could flop on @Mrs. Peel's couch!  In fact, there's no law (as far as firearms is concerned) specifying how many months, weeks, days or minutes you must reside in a dwelling for it to be considered a residence.  Only when it comes to voting & paying taxes does a time "suggestion" come into play.  

Millionaires have these "residence problems" all the time.  Only they don't consider it a problem.  They just figure out what district their vote means the most in and then change their VOTING address to THAT. 

There's a ton of hardware that gets schlepped down the Parkway every time  a Bergen Co. "resident" drives to their shore house in Rumson or LBI.  And they show-up with their hardware at gun ranges & clubs all over the map :) 

Hope I shed some light on this for ya!  Thanks Peel for the tag!

Rosey

https://www.cnjfo.com

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Ummm… going forward, please don't be suggesting this to strangers on the Internet, thank you very much! :rofl:

LOL, well if someone shows up tonight (Valentine's Night) with a case of free ammo, a box of candy & a single red rose what's a girl gonna do??

A:  Cook breakfast :) 

6 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

LOL, well if someone shows up tonight (Valentine's Night) with a case of free ammo, a box of candy & a single red rose what's a girl gonna do??

A:  Cook breakfast :) 

My price is certainly higher than that! Sheesh.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

My price is certainly higher than that! Sheesh.

And with all that personality & brains to boot, without a doubt, no matter the quote, worth every penny! 

Just don't answer the door with the steak knife.  The poor bastard may drop the case of ammo!

Good night all! 

~R

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, Smokin .50 said:

And with all that personality & brains to boot, without a doubt, no matter the quote, worth every penny! 

Just don't answer the door with the steak knife.  The poor bastard may drop the case of ammo!

Good night all! 

~R

Free case ammo.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, csap32 said:

When I asked the officer in south bound brook and even the state police they said doesn’t make a difference people do move within a certain timeframe and since you were ready waiting for 4 1/2 months It shouldn’t have taken that long so when I showed the southbound brook my new address on my license he said everything should be fine because it shouldn’t make a difference people do move

Wow, its still taking months?

Mine took 9 months but I thought they had to start complying with the law...?