Sniper

Trump to Attend the Daytona 500 this weekend

There are actually two Trump/Pence sponsored race cars running this weekend. One tonight in the truck race, and one tomorrow in the Xfinity race. Check out these pictures:

03Truck2020.jpg

IMG_7594.jpg

DAYTONA BEACH — Even before President Donald Trump arrives at the Daytona 500 on Sunday, race fans will see his name circling the track Friday night and Saturday.

During Friday night’s NextEra Energy 250, Port Orange driver Tim Viens will be behind the wheel of a white, No. 3 Chevy Silverado with a Trump 2020 logo.

Then veteran NASCAR driver Joe Nemechek will run the 47 car with the same pro-Trump message in the Xfinity Series race Saturday. Nemechek drives for Mike Harmon Racing.

“I support the president. I support him and I’m gonna continue to support him,” Viens said, adding that the other benefit to landing the sponsorship is getting an opportunity to drive.

• Like 2

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. —President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500 on Sunday.

That means he will deliver the most famous words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the world for decades.

Trump is the second president to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended the race in 2004.

Trump is the first president to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

https://www.wesh.com/article/netflix-delivers-valentines-day-gift-for-stranger-things-fans/30927403

1 minute ago, Sota said:

disappointed they didn't go faster, and put a 45 on the side.

I'm surprised they didn't do that too. Maybe something with defacing government property... Someone should have run up and slapped the sticker on it, buy they'd probably get shot by the S.S.

15 hours ago, Sniper said:

Dan Bongino weighs in on today's activities:

db.jpg

Need to get these creampuffs to race with rain tires, and show us if they're really men!

and windshield wipers. i second this though. if f1 can do it, so can nascar. hell.......did police only chase moonshiners in sunny clear weather?

I'll be curious to see if any cars have electrical issues.

My understanding was they were getting ready to roll out when a "wall of water" hit the entire track.

Those cars aren't exactly water tight.  If they've been on pit road with nothing but a tarp over them, I bet some guys have some interesting gremlins for the race.

2 hours ago, Sota said:

Those cars aren't exactly water tight.  If they've been on pit road with nothing but a tarp over them, I bet some guys have some interesting gremlins for the race.

I just said that a little while ago. Sitting out on the track, overnight with only a tarp, the moisture is really going to mess with the electronics. And the teams aren't allowed to touch the cars, except to change radios and check air pressures.

19 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

doubtful. it's happened before. there's more electronics now that they've gone to fuel injection...but in all honesty, do you really think they overlook this possibility on a 250k race car?

They also have fully electronic dashboards, and sensors out the wazoo, the days of analog gauges have gone away with the dinosaurs.