kc17

Thursday Night Trap at CJR&P

If you want a good intro to the game go on first or last Sunday. Much more relaxed atmosphere. Ask for John, he'll be the guy sitting in the back of his SUV with the space heater. He is has wealth of experience and is more than happy to share/teach. He is also there on Thursday mornings if you can make it.

• Thanks 1

That was a thought I had, that the night events might not be the best for me to show up first time. It'd be tough for me to get there by the 5:30 start time as well.

My house is being invaded, so I might swing by anyway to use the indoor range. Probably leave the shotgun home though.

I have gone there during the day to shoot Skeet, my FFL ran the program at that time and I was his guest. It was fun, more challenging than Trap, I do them both. I prefer Sporting Clays over all other shotgun sports, but they are all fun! Try Knockdown Steel there or at OBRPC sometime, you can use a shotgun, I do carbine and shotgun, and I am beat-ass tired at the end of the day!  :)

• Like 1

We are shooting trap at CJ tonight and every Thursday night from now until the end of time. If Gov. Beaver wants to shut us down, he will have to %^&*%$  me first. Start at 6 and finish between 8 & 830. Best to come early. There are about 4 guys shooting trap and 7 shooting competition birds. We use 2 fields, no waiting. $4 per 25 birds. Try to bring exact change.

I suck. I forgot about this and I'm half way into my second beer already. It's been that kind of week at work.

I'm going to put a weekly reminder into my phone now.

I've got a Remington 1100 12 gauge, that's doable, correct? What type of shells are best?

Reminder from my the top, I've NEVER shot trap, skeet, 5-stand, etc... Heck, I haven't shot this Remington yet, I bought it from a friend when he was moving out of the Country and couldn't take it with him.

7 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I suck. I forgot about this and I'm half way into my second beer already. It's been that kind of week at work.

I've got a Remington 1100 12 gauge, that's doable, correct? What type of shells are best?

Reminder from my the top, I've NEVER shot trap, skeet, 5-stand, etc... Heck, I haven't shot this Remington yet, I bought it from a friend when he was moving out of the Country and couldn't take it with him.

Come to Clinton this weekend first 

Just now, Zeke said:

Come to Clinton this weekend first 

You successfully convince my wife, parents & in-laws that I won't be home to cook them a belated Mother & Father day meal & I'm not seen as a the bad guy in the end and I will. O yeah, it's also for my FIL's b-day.

2 minutes ago, kc17 said:

You successfully convince my wife, parents & in-laws that I won't be home to cook them a belated Mother & Father day meal & I'm not seen as a the bad guy in the end and I will. O yeah, it's also for my FIL's b-day.

Get a body double for 3 hours?

10 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Make the meatloaf Saturday 

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

“We shoot at 9am....dinner is at 6 honey, see you at noon”.  Enough said

2 hours ago, kc17 said:

I have a Remington 1100 that I started out with when I first got into guns. One of the old timers at Citizens Rifle and Pistol Club told me about a clip that you put on the ejection port to stop the shells from flying out and possibly hitting the Fudds Kreighoffs! I bought one, just a few bucks, makes loading a shell in a little more difficult but works great! Only good for Trap really, but that's all that matters, no one standing close to you when shooting Sporting Clays.