deerpark

Wawa gas sucks.

I dont know which gas theyre buying, but my cars always runs like crap on their fuel.

Not only does the gas suck but the Wawa pumps always charge me a couple extra bucks, even when the price and the amount of fuel is the same as compared to other places.

Its as though their pumps are over reporting by a gallon or two.

No more Wawa gas for me.

I'll still eat their highly processed made to order frozen food. Actually I stay away from most of their food with the exception of their tuna fish hoagies.  

15 minutes ago, deerpark said:

I dont know which gas theyre buying, but my cars always runs like crap on their fuel.

Not only does the gas suck but the Wawa pumps always charge me a couple extra bucks, even when the price and the amount of fuel is the same as compared to other places.

No more Wawa gas for me.

I'll still eat their highly processed made to order frozen food. Actually I stay away from most of their food with the exception of their tuna fish hoagies.  

Call the county weights and measure 

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, deerpark said:

What location(s)?  

2 hours ago, deerpark said:

No more Wawa gas for me.

the one near me was recently converted into a super wawa. i used to get meatball parm there sometimes. it was good, rolls always fresh, etc. but......haven't been there since the conversion. i never cared for any of the supers i've been in

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Call the county weights and measure 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this.

3 hours ago, deerpark said:

No more Wawa gas for me.

3 hours ago, deerpark said:

Actually I stay away from most of their food with the exception of their tuna fish hoagies.  

So, you'll stay away from their gas, but eat their unknown sourced tuna?????  :dontknow:

• Haha 1

wawa gas is better than it use to be, at one point we were seeing up to 20% ethanol in there fuel. Older carbureted outboards would not run with the 20% ethanol.  One way to see if fuel was problem run engine on separate tank. test kits were also available to us which I found in marine supply catalog. I still have one that I use but we do not see the ethanol spikes that often anymore.  they stay pretty consistant at 10% now at least in our area but hey we did rat them out they also paid out for tanks being pumped and refilled.

11 hours ago, tony357 said:

wawa gas is better than it use to be, at one point we were seeing up to 20% ethanol in there fuel. Older carbureted outboards would not run with the 20% ethanol.  One way to see if fuel was problem run engine on separate tank. test kits were also available to us which I found in marine supply catalog. I still have one that I use but we do not see the ethanol spikes that often anymore.  they stay pretty consistant at 10% now at least in our area but hey we did rat them out they also paid out for tanks being pumped and refilled.

Have yous guys tested any other brands of gas?

15 hours ago, deerpark said:

No more Wawa gas for me.

What vehicles do you have that run like crap or better on certain gas? What octane? There is barely any difference in modern gas brands.  

2 hours ago, deerpark said:

Have yous guys tested any other brands of gas?

yes all were in the 10% range except wawa  there was a non branded station that had issues once in a while. Ethanol is added to fuel at the fuel truck when fuel is dispensed into the truck the ethanol is stored in separate tank from the fuel. It is simple test vial you fill it with water to the mark add fuel to the mark shake it and the ethanol separates and then you read the amount of ethanol on the graduation. 

with boats being vented to the atmosphere water intrusion is a big problem it only takes one teaspoon of water per gallon to create phase separation. The chemical used to mix ethanol with fuel and keep them suspended together breaks down separating all the components water on bottom of tank ethanol and chemical suspension gasoline on top. Yes you can remove the water and the ethanol off the bottom and have pure gas only problem is gasoline is about 66 octane without the ethanol so I am told by engine manufacture so the whole tank must be drained and refilled with fresh fuel, then there is a waste disposal fee for every 55gal of fuel 400.00 85.00 for approved drum and rest is disposal fee and murphy's administration ( DEP) restructured contaminated fuel disposal methods 3 years ago safety clean has been the only company I could find to take the contaminated fuel two other company's I use to use one was shut down the other no longer would take it and safety clean had to file paper work with NJ to be able to pick up from my business and it has to be filed every year. 

I've been using wawa for the majority of gas for two cars now. They run fine on it and the pumps have been accurate. 

Like others have said, call weights and measures if you are being overcharged/underfueled. 

you might just have a shady location that is adulterating the gas or has bad equipment that is causing problems and letting contaminants get in the gas. 

5 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

What vehicles do you have that run like crap or better on certain gas? What octane? There is barely any difference in modern gas brands.  

That's been my experience too. We've run WaWa gas in all our vehicles, like forever, with no issues.

21 hours ago, deerpark said:

How do you actually know this? Do you measure exactly how many gallons go into your tank versus what's being shown on the pump?

Wawa has always been a good company; and cheating at the gas pump is not the way a company like that stays in business. 

Its more likely the pump had issues...and even then; not very likely.

21 minutes ago, W2MC said:

Wawa has always been a good company; and cheating at the gas pump is not the way a company like that stays in business. 

Its more likely the pump had issues...and even then; not very likely.

It does happen.