xXxplosive

Bill S.746 Animal Cruelty and suspension of 2A in NJ

4 hours ago, fishnut said:

You said your in favor of taking ones rights away by putting them in jail so I guess the same reason as you. 

I'll ask again what type of crime do you think someone should lose their 2A rights for committing? Do you think convicted murders and rapists should retain their 2A rights? 

I think we're all in agreement for 2A consequences for violent crimes.

What I specifically oppose is explicitly tying the law to a loosely related right - it's a slippery slope - especially since violating this class of law already results in some form of 2A penalty.  Fundamentally it's just another example of encroachment by anti-2A forces - that somehow explicitly taking away 2A rights will make us all safer - which we know is not their ultimate goal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Fundamentally it's just another example of encroachment by anti-2A forces - that somehow explicitly taking away 2A rights will make us all safer - which we know is not their ultimate goal.

That's called Incrementalism.... some here seem to be OK with that..... until they aren't,..... but at that point, it's too late.

• Like 2