SJG

How was she not immediately arrested?

1 hour ago, SJG said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-girl-ar-15-gun-state-law

Just the fact, that security allowed her in is amazing

I haven’t spent time in Boise for a bit, but people used to open carry in the legislature galleries in the capital building.  I’d imagine they still do.  No issues, no drama. 

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

I dislike when parents use their kids as props to further political agendas, regardless which side of the aisle they fall on.

Reminds me of the Greta climate girl.

I agree with you on this. But, why is it a spectacle in a nation of free people? It’s the mindset developed by the media..

My grandma taught me to shoot when I was 6 - 7

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I agree with you on this. But, why is it a spectacle in a nation of free people? It’s the mindset developed by the media..

I had a similar conversation with my daughter about Kaitlin Bennett.  She had the opinion that it was "too over the top" for her to post a picture of her legally and openly carry her rifle at Kent State, but she couldn't articulate why with any objective reasons.  We've tried our best but I'm afraid the NJ public school system left her a bit brainwashed . . .

Some states, including Kentucky I think,  allow firearms to be carried in a state capitol building.  Having read the actual article, it was written in a confusing manner.  Not having researched this,  it appears that Idaho has constitutional carry for Idaho residents only and they are considering adding nonresidents.  The irony is that I think Idaho accepts all permits anyway so it is kind of a non-issue in the context of the article.  If a non resident goes to idaho they are likely going there with the intention of carrying and will likely prepare accordingly.

It was nice being able to carry in Maine last year as one of those nonresidents.

3 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

I had a similar conversation with my daughter about Kaitlin Bennett.  She had the opinion that it was "too over the top" for her to post a picture of her legally and openly carry her rifle at Kent State, but she couldn't articulate why with any objective reasons.  We've tried our best but I'm afraid the NJ public school system left her a bit brainwashed . . .

I think it’s the bigger bubble. Not just schools but media at large.

We have drifted from bad hombres to bad tools make bad hombres... it’s rather illogical.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

I taught my kids to shoot.  We carry guns to and from the places we're going to be using them.  We use them to shoot bullets at things.

I don't use my children or guns as props to further political agendas.  Has nothing to do with the media.

15 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I taught my kids to shoot.  We carry guns to and from the places we're going to be using them.  We use them to shoot bullets at things.

I don't use my children or guns as props to further political agendas.  Has nothing to do with the media.

Kids hunting squirrels and rabbits used to be common place in America.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Kids hunting squirrels and rabbits used to be common place in America.

There are no squirrels or rabbits in the courtroom. :)

i have no problem with responsible kids (like mine) handling or using guns. Some of mine even compete with them. 

Doesn't change my opinion of the story. 

Just now, 124gr9mm said:

There are no squirrels or rabbits in the courtroom. :)

i have no problem with responsible kids (like mine) handling or using guns. Some of mine even compete with them. 

Doesn't change my opinion of the story. 

No, I agree. It’s just the essence of why we now think it’s a parade vs something that used to be commonplace.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

No, I agree. It’s just the essence of why we now think it’s a parade vs something that used to be commonplace.

Absolutely.

Even in urban areas kids were allowed/expected to bring their .22 rifles to and from school if they were on the rifle team.  Now districts barely acknowledge the fact that they used to have shooting ranges in the basement of the school buildings.