Sign in to follow this  
45Doll

NJ.com FInally Gives Up

After Thursday morning there will be no more comments.

I guess their censors were working overtime knocking out criticism. Admittedly a large percentage of the comments were not informative or rational.

Or it could just be a cost cutting move.

19 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

After Thursday morning there will be no more comments.

I guess their censors were working overtime knocking out criticism. Admittedly a large percentage of the comments were not informative or rational.

Or it could just be a cost cutting move.

Over 600 comments on their announcement that they are eliminating comments on Thursday.  Most seem to be claiming censorship.

MSNBC online used to have comments, too - but most of the comments were (rightfully!) calling out the reporters on their obvious bias. Soooo, they fixed that... they got rid of the comments section! No more dissenters.

It's the same thing happening here. They're not required to have them, of course... it's their choice, of course. But, I do always cringe when I see a supposed news site doing anything that effectively silences free speech. It's rather pathetic. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

MSNBC online used to have comments, too - but most of the comments were (rightfully!) calling out the reporters on their obvious bias. Soooo, they fixed that... they got rid of the comments section! No more dissenters.

CNBC the same thing.

43 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

But, I do always cringe when I see a supposed news site doing anything that effectively silences free speech. It's rather pathetic. 

Notice how it's just the Liberal media? Fox News still allows comments on their articles...

The only reason I ever went to that site was to read and participate in the comments. Unfortunately, online fora are all in for liberal "cancel culture" now. 

NJ.com was one of several sites that I participated in fairly regularly and often espoused unpopular viewpoints. (Nothing as vehement as I would do here; I can be surprisingly genteel when the need arises.) My comments would generally garner a large number of responses, both favorable and less than favorable. One day I noticed that my comments were getting no replies. I thought that was odd. I logged out and back in and could still post comments. Finally I logged out and looked and noticed my comments were invisible to everyone except me. They didn't have the stones to delete my account. They just "canceled" me.

Liberals are inherently intolerant and bereft of reason. They thought that the majority of the populations were a bunch of simpletons that could be won over by rhetoric. The time for talking is coming to a close.

Well Handyman, you make me feel better. At least I would only occasionally be Content Disabled.

The one guy (girl?) I would have liked to meet in person was Solid Snake. But it probably wouldn't have ended well.

Now I'll have more time to browse other sites.