Zeus2112

Is this legal? (MP40)

Couldn't really find the answer, apologizes since I'm new at trying to understand the NJ laws.

is this legal? https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/gsg-mp40-9mm-pistol

Someone mentioned maybe not b/c of the "50oz", which i'm not clear on. Is that the mag weight? if so, would it be legal with the 10RD mag?

Would love to be enlightened on what types of rifles and the like are legal here in NJ

thanks!

30 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Im pretty sure its not legal. Its 126oz with the mag, I cant image the weight of the unloaded mag is more that half the weight of the gun. 

I guess you're probably correct. I"m having a hard time understanding the rules for this category. Seems silly all the stipulations that can/cannot be, in order to make these types legal.

28 minutes ago, Zeus2112 said:

I guess you're probably correct. I"m having a hard time understanding the rules for this category. Seems silly all the stipulations that can/cannot be, in order to make these types legal.

Welcome to owning firearms in NJ! Best way to navigate the NJ firearms laws is to move to a free state. 

For pistols pretty much everything is legal as long as the mag is inside the grip or it's a revolver. 

For semi auto If the mag is outside the grip then the pistol must weigh less than 50oz.

No barrel shrouds.

Also no forward grip on any handgun (federal law)