Bully

Getting My FFL - My Journey

On 6/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Bully said:

NJSP was at my office on time this morning.  The trooper was incredibly pleasant and professional.  He took a look around, made some suggestions, and said that as soon as my 'prints come back from Identogo (I did them 3 weeks ago) he will send my letter for approval to the Superior Court for approval.  

How long did Identogo take?  It took 2 weeks for my fingerprints/background check to clear for my new job.

I just got off the phone with ATF.  

My application packet should be here in a week or so.  

I also spoke with the superior court judge's clerk.  She has my  retail license and will be turning it around to NJSP either tomorrow or Monday.  So that "shoulddddddd" be in my hands in a week and an half or so.  

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 7:41 PM, Bully said:

Hopefully he's "modding" it in to a CZ...

I gave you a funny, well.... because it is. 

• Haha 1

It looks like my ATF packet got lost in the mail.  I called them yesterday and the gent said it went out on the 6th.  I have not received it yet.  He then took my info and promised to call me back.  10 minutes later he did with priority tracking for FedEx.  The packet should be here today.  

NJSP has not received my NJ Firearms Retail License yet either.  The court clerk was not in yesterday as evidenced by her not answering the phone, so I'll reach out again today.  

I do have t-shirts for sale if anyone is interested. 
I have 1 small and a bunch of Large and X-Large.  DM me with a cell and I'll send a pic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

What’s the latest?

I have the paperwork from ATF and will be sending it in in the next day or two.  

I'm waiting to hear back from NJSP.  They received my Retail License from superior court on the 13th.  I emailed the trooper in charge of my case but have not heard back from him yet.  

• Agree 1

ATF requires hard copy paper/ink fingerprints.  

Finding someone that still does paper/ink printing that's open (COVID) was fun (not!!)

However, I did find somone in Tuxedo, NY and have an appointment on Monday the 26th of July.  Additionally I'm still waiting on a response from NJSP about my retail license.  They've had it in hand since the 13th but the trooper in charge of my case is not answering emails and no one in firearms is picking up the phone.  Kinda sucks.  I figure that the trooper I've been dealing with is on vacation but really guys...  I'm paying rent here.  

• Like 1

My NJ Retail License to Sell Firearms is in the mail.  Left Trenton on the 23rd according to the trooper.  

I went to Tuxedo Park, NY and got my fingerprints done this morning for ATF (paper/ink) and as soon as I have my NJ License in hand I will submit my ATF paperwork.  I was advised by ATF to not submit until I actually have the paper in hand as any delay in receiving it will delay my ATF paperwork which is less than desirable.  

I am truly on the move now and am hoping to have it by end of August.  

• Like 6

On 7/27/2020 at 6:21 PM, Bully said:

My NJ Retail License to Sell Firearms is in the mail.  Left Trenton on the 23rd according to the trooper.  

I went to Tuxedo Park, NY and got my fingerprints done this morning for ATF (paper/ink) and as soon as I have my NJ License in hand I will submit my ATF paperwork.  I was advised by ATF to not submit until I actually have the paper in hand as any delay in receiving it will delay my ATF paperwork which is less than desirable.  

I am truly on the move now and am hoping to have it by end of August.  

I’m excited to come visit.  Will you be allowing @Zeke in the shop?

• Haha 1

2 weeks and I have not received my NJ Retail license.  I've also not received some other mail that I've been expecting (at my shop/office) so I A) reached out to NJSP to see if they have a tracking number.  The Trooper in charge did not have one on hand but will ask one of the assistants when she is back, hopefully tomorrow; and B) reached out to my building manager to make sure I'm not missing something regarding the mail.  

Again, as soon as I have that retail license in hand I will mail my ATF packet.  

I'm a bit frustrated but all in all I'm certain that it will work itself out.  

10 minutes ago, Bully said:

2 weeks and I have not received my NJ Retail license.  I've also not received some other mail that I've been expecting (at my shop/office) so I A) reached out to NJSP to see if they have a tracking number.  The Trooper in charge did not have one on hand but will ask one of the assistants when she is back, hopefully tomorrow; and B) reached out to my building manager to make sure I'm not missing something regarding the mail.  

Again, as soon as I have that retail license in hand I will mail my ATF packet.  

I'm a bit frustrated but all in all I'm certain that it will work itself out.  

Fight the good fight widdle buddy 

20 hours ago, bennj said:

Got to admit, I admire your patience and tenacity. This state doesn't seem to conducive to small business. Probably takes less than a month to get a weed shop license though.

I agree.

That said, it's also been a dramatic concerto of unfortunate circumstance.  

Soooooooo....  yeah.

My NJ Retail License was sent, certified, to my office.  I am not there often and the carrier did not know who I am and/or where the mail was supposed to go.  It got sent back to NJSP.  

:facepalm:

I spent most of Monday sorting out my mail situation.  I did get to meet the carrier and she seems very nice and willing to help in any way she can.  Additionally the building manager assigned me a PO box that is a more direct link to me (I didn't know it was an option).  So hopefully that will be all sorted out now.  I also have working internet, which is good.  It's just this damn retail license...  

54 minutes ago, PK90 said:

No need to physically have that NJ license. They already approved you. No reason you can't start the Fed App now.

Problem is that if it's not here when ATF does the inspection I can get delayed.  That's what I'm hearing anyway.

If the ATF has any question on the NJ Retail Lic they can / will contact the NJSP Firearms Unit.

Go ahead and get your Federal Application in process, that is going to take a little while considering all the backlogs with covid......

Again - Best of Luck!

JT

22 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

If the ATF has any question on the NJ Retail Lic they can / will contact the NJSP Firearms Unit.

Go ahead and get your Federal Application in process, that is going to take a little while considering all the backlogs with covid......

Again - Best of Luck!

JT

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I brought the remainder of my application (ATF) to work and will Get it in the mail either today or tomorrow morning. 
I appreciate the direction.