Bully

Getting My FFL - My Journey

18 hours ago, PK90 said:

Doesn't it say somewhere on the application that you have submitted for state and local approvals, or will do so within a certain period?

I'll have to take a good look.  I'm planning on giving them a complete look-see this weekend.  

My NJ Retail License is still "lost".  I emailed the trooper in charge of my case and asked if they can send a replacement.  I've not heard back and honestly, don't expect to until I send a second email.  The best part...  my buddy applied for his "pink card" and has already received it.  Go figure.

I filled out the ATF paperwork and that will get sent Monday as long as I have my buddy's stuff to send as well.  I figure I may as well send it all in together.  

On another note, the office is coming along.  I'm trying to make it a gun shop that doesn't look like a gun shop.  I want a nice atmosphere to work in.  I'm happy with it.  Pieces and parcels of it are on my IG: Bullygunworks

• Like 1

Still nothing.

I emailed the trooper and if nothing had turned up by yesterday (Friday) then on Monday he is going to re-submit to the courts and get a second license going.  

So, another month before I have a hardcopy in hand at least.  

• Sad 1

Just now, njJoniGuy said:

Chris,

Ya ever get the feeling that SOMEONE really really doesn't want any new gun sellers in the PRNJ?

Hang in there.

Honestly... no. 

The trooper I dealt with was as easy as pie. He’s busy and doesn’t give a shit either way. At least that’s the feeling I got. He just wants to collect his paycheck and go home. Unfortunately that affects my ability to make a paycheck. But I honestly don’t think it’s malicious. 

ATF...  some of the most efficient civil servants I’ve dealt with. Friendly and they get it done. I text an agent when I need advice on how to proceed and he responds very quickly. He does it simply so I don’t get screwed down the line and have something out of order. 

After some rethinking I have finally submitted my ATF paperwork.  

I contacted ATF and they sent me another packet.  I was pretty sure that I didn't fill the first one out correctly so I got another and re-did it.  
Apparently the IOI will help me when they come for inspection if I missed anything.  

NJSP emailed me yesterday letting me know that my NJ Retail License has come back (again) from NJ Superior Court and it will be mailed out today.  So, I should have it by end of next week.  

ATF received my paperwork on Saturday.  

We are officially cooking with gas!!!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, bennj said:

Congratulations! Your patience and resolve have certainly prepared you for opening shop during these current times. Lat us know when you officially hang a shingle.

9 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Yeah you've really shown patience.  

Thanks.
Shingle is actually hung.  Just waiting on the wallpaper, as it were.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bully said:

When ATF issues my paperwork.  I have a bottle of Woodford waiting with some glasses at the shop.

You gonna swing by from the beach?  

Yes.  

10 hours ago, siderman said:

Did you post the business location? 

It's in Wyckoff.

I will post my location when I'm up and running.  If anyone wants to/can visit (Sunday/Monday/Wednesday all day) it's all by appointment.  Shoot me a PM or text me @ 201.540.8814.  

I'm actually following this closely, because it's something I've wanted to do for a couple of  years but I just don't have the finances to do it. One day I hope to make it happen. I wish you the best of luck and even though you're a bit from me I'll come over and say hi one day once you're up and running. 

1 minute ago, InFamous said:

I'm actually following this closely, because it's something I've wanted to do for a couple of  years but I just don't have the finances to do it. One day I hope to make it happen. I wish you the best of luck and even though you're a bit from me I'll come over and say hi one day once you're up and running. 

Sounds good.  I'd love to shake hands with real people from here.

• Like 1