Bully

Getting My FFL - My Journey

I heard from my IOI today.  It looked like things were gonna sail along from here.  However, the license that NJ sent me does not match what I am applying for thru ATF.  So, my IOI is working on it from his end to see what he can do and I have an email in to the NJSP Trooper that is in charge of NJ Licenses.  

This kinda sucks on a lot of levels.  It'll all work out, but it sucks.  

So, I want to thank everyone on here that has followed along. I appreciate all the help and support. 
I am going to abandon my trying to obtain my FFL for now. A combination of circumstances has led me to believe that this is the correct course of action. I’m not giving up. I am going to get out of the space I’m in, re-group, and find a different and more suitable space. 

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Bully said:

So, I want to thank everyone on here that has followed along. I appreciate all the help and support. 
I am going to abandon my trying to obtain my FFL for now. A combination of circumstances has led me to believe that this is the correct course of action. I’m not giving up. I am going to get out of the space I’m in, re-group, and find a different and more suitable space. 

JHTDC! I'm sorry to hear that. But going for an FFL in this state in this market has to be the most adverse set of circumstances in the history of firearms retailing.

The only good new is, had you succeeded, what would have been your prospects for product supply in the next 12 months. I think you're making the right move. Cut your losses while you can.

18 minutes ago, Bully said:

JHTDC...?

Thanks. I appreciate it. As stated, I’m going to regroup and look for space that is more appropriate. 

"Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ" Courtesy of Joliet Jake, The Blues Brothers.

I really give you credit for starting that journey. It's a journey I seriously thought about, but didn't have the nerve or capital to follow through. I hope you find your goal. If not in this state, in another.

On 10/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, Bully said:

Can you FFL from home?

On 10/5/2020 at 8:35 PM, NJSigfan said:

Sorry to read/see this, but I’m sure you have weighed all the outcomes before making this decision.  Wishing you the best as you regroup.

I just want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for that wonderful avatar.  Makes my day so much more pleasant.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:34 AM, Bully said:

I called the town.  No retail business from home.  Period.  

What if you go rent a small, token store front for appearance, to keep them happy, but run all the inventory and processing out of your house?

14 minutes ago, Sniper said:

What if you go rent a small, token store front for appearance, to keep them happy, but run all the inventory and processing out of your house?

All A&D needs to be run out of the FFL which is tied to the space. Think of it as a liquor license. Same concept. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, Sniper said:

yeah that's a no go.  

18 hours ago, weekend_junkie said:

I'm just finding this thread. We're almost neighbors... so hope you keep it going!

Thanks.

The dream didn't die.  I am taking a breath and looking for space.  Paying rent for 7 months took a bit of a financial toll so it may be a longer breath than I'd like.  However, I really am looking.  I called a realtor that (I'll never understand it) didn't call me back.  Needed to light a fire under him.  Maybe something will pan out.  I also have someone that may be willing to throw a few shekels my way for a part of it.  I'm just not sure we're on enough of the same page. 

So, we'll see.  

• Like 1
  • Informative 1