RUTGERS95

dodge ram 1500

6 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

any issues to that 167k?

I didn't get the leather but the seats are treated and was wondering if anyone put covers on them?  I see covers have come a long way.

Nothing major until the end. Just regular maintenance, which I did myself. I ran it on Mobil 1 the whole time and she ran great.

Towards the end she broke a couple exhaust manifold bolts so would make a ticking noise until it heated up and sealed again, and developed a leak in the A/C probably in the evaporator. I was about to fix the manifold when the A/C went and it wasn't worth fixing. 

I had the leather and failed to maintain it to the edge of the driver's seat got dry and cracked.

Adding a toneau cover helped gas mileage by 1-2 mpg.

ETA. Keep on top of the plug changes. I had the Hemi so there were 16 of them - a bit of a pain but I could do them all in about 2 hours after I figured out the combination of extensions and elbows.

I have a 2017 Express which I got in Oct '17 with under 50 mi on it and now have just over 21k miles on it. Besides normal maintenance and a few recalls no issues, which is expected out of a new vehicle, until the other day when a "Service Tire Pressure System" message came up. It now won't read the right rear tire pressure. I'm sure the sensor is just shot which I would assume will get replaced for free once I get around to bringing it to the dealer in the next couple weeks. 

I opted for the V6 to save on MPG since I won't be towing anything too heavy. Best mileage I've ever gotten so far was 23 MPG on my drive down to OBX. I average 18-19 in the summer and 16-17 in the winter. 

Only things I've added is tinting the front windows, a spray in bed liner, tonneau cover and step rails. I absolutely love the ride and you can't beat Ram's value for the price and what they give you in the price range other truck companies don't. 

I hope she treats you well!

I'm almost at the end of a 2 year lease on a 2018 "classic".  It's the 6 cylinder base model and I'm very happy with it, so I plan to buy it out and keep it..

I put 16k miles on it and it more than meets my needs.  I found a guy on Craigslist who was getting rid of a bed liner for $200 so I grabbed those, and I added a tow hitch.

Ride is very smooth and zero issues with light towing or hauling a fully loaded bed (my son to and from college) long distances.

• Like 1

I have a 2011 Hemi Ram 1500 I bought new. It currently has 13500 miles and it's been a good truck. I've only need to do routine maintenance on it. Regular oil/transmission/differential/transfer case fluid changes. It's only been to the dealer for recalls except for a new key. That was outrageous , the key cost $341. Regular plug changes do take you about 2 hours. I've also done the brakes and had to install a new water pump around 90000 miles

fullsizeoutput_1a1.jpeg

I have a 2010 SLT I've had since new. Love the truck. Got the hemi because you need a hemi. Other then the recall on the rear pinion nut, I've had zero problems with it. My only gripe was the headlights sux. I swapped them out for HIDs and never looked back. Well worth the cost. At least with my old eyes anyway. I did have a keyfob crap out. It would start the truck but non of the buttons worked. Don't go to a dealer for one! Or get one on ebay. (BTDT) Had one and it left me stranded. I found a locksmith the has genuine Mopar keyfobs. I think I paid $75 for one.                                                                                                                                                                                                             Oh, and everyone knows nothing rusts as bad a Ford. That why there's so many new ones around. ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bri894 said:

I have a 2011 Hemi Ram 1500 I bought new. It currently has 13500 miles and it's been a good truck. I've only need to do routine maintenance on it. Regular oil/transmission/differential/transfer case fluid changes. It's only been to the dealer for recalls except for a new key. That was outrageous , the key cost $341. Regular plug changes do take you about 2 hours. I've also done the brakes and had to install a new water pump around 90000 miles

fullsizeoutput_1a1.jpeg

and if i recall, the hemi has 16 spark plugs

Just bought a Certified Pre-Owned '16 Sport 1500 February 1st after my 2003 Wrangler couldn't be saved.  Had 50K miles on it.  Lots of guys around here swear by them.  It's a quad cab / short bed with the Hemi.  Fun, sharp-looking truck.  Way different from the Jeep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

and if i recall, the hemi has 16 spark plugs

Yes 2 per cylinder. The ones near the fire wall are had to get at, you need a swivel extension with a magnetic socket . The dealer wanted $425 to do the plugs. I bought them on Rock Auto for $55 delivered to my door

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

yea, i've done em on police chargers. i friggin hate having to give that big of a bill for changing spark plugs.......

Don't feel too bad, youre just getting back some tax dollars you would otherwise never see. 

I have a 2004 2500 with 64k miles on it.

I bought it from my mother(who bought it new) in 2011.  It had 61k miles on it at the time.  See list below.  It's a pretty tough truck.  I push snow with a light duty plow.  Haul firewood.  Here is it with probably 2 yards of QP in the bed.   I'm guessing 5k pounds.

As far as repairs, see below.  Usually at least $500 a year, often much more.

QP.thumb.jpg.94e00fd06bee4226c0ada6dc0aa43da2.jpg

Here's a list of the majors

-Front Wheel bearing and hub assembly

-4 Calipers, Rotors Pads

-Master Cylinder

-All break lines

-Fuel Rail

-Power Steering Pump hoses

-Throttle Body

-Oil Pan

-Transmission Pan

-Transmission Lines

-Running boards loose after body mount rusted away.  Running board is fine...Cab rail rusted apart

-8 Ignition Coils

-16 Spark Plugs

-Accessory ports in Dash no good

-Hitch ball rusted solid into receiver(like that when I got it)

-HVAC Flaps broke, had to be replaced (fixed here:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Just bought a Certified Pre-Owned '16 Sport 1500 February 1st after my 2003 Wrangler couldn't be saved.  Had 50K miles on it.  Lots of guys around here swear by them.  It's a quad cab / short bed with the Hemi.  Fun, sharp-looking truck.  Way different from the Jeep.

Im going from a cherokee to this. Its like night and day

I'm currently issued a 2014 ram 1500,  it is one of many we have in the fleet.    I can say it is one of the worst vehicles I have ever been assigned.     It was assigned to me when it was brand new,  it gets serviced every two months or 5k miles which ever comes first.

all of ours are having the motors replaced at around 150k to 160k,  the lifters fail and destroy the engine.

the most uncomfortable seats, the worst ride ever and the most recalls I have ever had to have done.    my 2009 tahoe was the best I was ever issued, best ride and still going strong at 195k with the current operator 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 8:56 PM, RUTGERS95 said:

Im going from a cherokee to this. Its like night and day

My biggest adjustment was getting used to the larger turning radius.  Also, I have yet to try to parallel park the thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

My biggest adjustment was getting used to the larger turning radius.  Also, I have yet to try to parallel park the thing.

It's a bit easier if you have a back up camera. I added one to my Garmin. A lot cheaper then a factory one.

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

definitely agree but just need to take a wider turn.  Funny, I see them everywhere now, like every other car it seems

so far I'm loving it.  I got over 20mpg heading to Little Egg Harbor from Middletown this weekend and there is so much room in the truck and the ride is excellent, far exceeds my cherokee

3 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

It's a bit easier if you have a back up camera. I added one to my Garmin. A lot cheaper then a factory one.

Yeah, it has one and it does help.  I haven't tried to parallel park it yet though.  That was super easy to do with the Wrangler.

I do not have a backup camera in my Ram and I wish I did. I didn't think it would be a big deal since I would use the mirrors/look back anyway, but I do wish I had that backup camera view at times just to see how close I was to something I was backing up to. 

I love my Ram, but one of the reasons I'm looking to trade up to the 5th Gen alone is just getting some things I didn't bother getting in my 4th Gen. I hated the 5th Gen look when it was first revealed but the more I see it the more I like it. Matching bumpers/grill etc cause I'm not a chrome kind of person. 

I'm torn between upgrading to a Hemi or keeping the 6. I don't need the towing capacity and would prefer the MPG on the 6 vs the Hemi, but I believe the Hemi's will last longer if I'm going to keep the truck for the long term. 

8 hours ago, InFamous said:

I do not have a backup camera in my Ram and I wish I did. I didn't think it would be a big deal since I would use the mirrors/look back anyway, but I do wish I had that backup camera view at times just to see how close I was to something I was backing up to. 

I love my Ram, but one of the reasons I'm looking to trade up to the 5th Gen alone is just getting some things I didn't bother getting in my 4th Gen. I hated the 5th Gen look when it was first revealed but the more I see it the more I like it. Matching bumpers/grill etc cause I'm not a chrome kind of person. 

I'm torn between upgrading to a Hemi or keeping the 6. I don't need the towing capacity and would prefer the MPG on the 6 vs the Hemi, but I believe the Hemi's will last longer if I'm going to keep the truck for the long term. 

https://www.ramforumz.com/

• Like 1