gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

21 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Sitrep...Manhattan is quite...feels like a friday summer afternoon quite...

Base building access control from a site i logged into..typical.load 5k to 5500....last two days 2850 2467 respectively ...

My wife reports all stores up towards rockaway..costco fully stocked...  

However, people just mostly buying bottled water and TP...   other much more needed items...just sitting on pallets.

Attach46473_20200303_102526.jpg

Is that the one in Wharton or down by Hanover? 

I wouldn't want to waste the trip if it's empty. 

Just read where Shimano, fishin' reel manufacturer just pulled out of all upcoming event and fishing shows including the Bass Masters because of Covid19 threat to their employees and the general public.....

The official press release is as follows:

The Fred Hall Show at Long Beach, the Houston Fishing Show and Bassmaster Classic Expo are all times to celebrate and connect with the fishing community that we love. We share new products, best practices and most importantly, face time with our fans, retailers and passionate anglers from around the world.

After significant deliberation, Shimano has decided to not attend the these shows due to escalating concerns about the Coronavirus and any potential post-show quarantine for our team. The health and wellness of our employees and continuance of our business are our top priorities in this continually developing situation.

26 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Just read where Shimano, fishin' reel manufacturer just pulled out of all upcoming event and fishing shows including the Bass Masters because of Covid19 threat to their employees and the general public.....

The official press release is as follows:

The Fred Hall Show at Long Beach, the Houston Fishing Show and Bassmaster Classic Expo are all times to celebrate and connect with the fishing community that we love. We share new products, best practices and most importantly, face time with our fans, retailers and passionate anglers from around the world.

After significant deliberation, Shimano has decided to not attend the these shows due to escalating concerns about the Coronavirus and any potential post-show quarantine for our team. The health and wellness of our employees and continuance of our business are our top priorities in this continually developing situation.

I'm an Abu Garcia guy anyway...

9 hours ago, Sota said:

They make a salt you put on toothpaste? :D

I hate commas....  ;)

7 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Is that the one in Wharton or down by Hanover? 

I wouldn't want to waste the trip if it's empty. 

Wharton...

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, DaddyNick said:

Went to my local Walmart. South Jersey. Definitely had that pre snow storm activity.  Half the water aisle was empty. Not a single container of Lysol wipes on the shelf.  Paper towels and TP were pretty bare. Zero hand sanitizer. Soaps half gone.  

Crazy considering this was noon on a Tuesday. Assuming they will restock it tonight. 

Typical Walmarts get three trucks a day.

24 minutes ago, Sniper said:

We're not in a typical situation.

Sure we are!  Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and you will be fine in no time!  Those who trust solely in the MSM and facebook for their news deserve to be in full panic mode!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Sure we are!  Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and you will be fine in no time!  Those who trust solely in the MSM and facebook for their news deserve to be in full panic mode!

Ahhh, I see.. then these pictures from Costco must just be Hollywood CGI, right?

v3imagesbin82fd5d10529f224d2f6ccececd187

2020-03-01_12-39-12.png?itok=breAKlBF

You might want to study up on J.I.T. inventory....

21 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ahhh, I see.. then these pictures from Costco must just be Hollywood CGI, right?

v3imagesbin82fd5d10529f224d2f6ccececd187

2020-03-01_12-39-12.png?itok=breAKlBF

No.....Just a bunch of liberals who rely on CNN, MSNBC and facebook and other MSM for their news! Look closely,  Not a single person in those pictures listens to Rush, Shawn, mark Levin or our President! They are the misinformed liberal lemmings and thus act stupidly!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

No.....Just a bunch of liberals who rely on CNN, MSNBC and facebook and other MSM for their news! Look closely,  Not a single person in those pictures listens to Rush, Shawn, mark Levin or our President! They are the misinformed liberal lemmings and thus act stupidly!

Ummmmmm.....  sure?  I guess if that works foe you....

If you are blindly listening to others be it liberal or conservative,  you are no better than that which you are chiding.

There is ZERO wrong with being prepared or preparing, maybe IF more people WERE prepared, the images that seem to indicate panic, would not be.

Don't listen to Trump, listen to Fauci.

Don't listen to hannity, what a schill....Levin is better.

• Agree 1

took mom to the somerdale wallyworld last night. looked normal'ish. it did however look like there was a run on bleach, disinfecting handwipes, and lysol. shelves empty in those sections. looked like there'd been a run on water. shelves half empty, when normally at this store they're overflowing into the isles. weirdly, i noticed that when we walked past the shoes, many empty isles there. not sure what that was about. i witnessed only one couple panic buying in the water isle. they were loading as many cases as they could fit into their cart. for that couple this may be a good thing, 'cause from the looks of them they shoulda quit the sugary drinks and other fattening stuff a long time ago.

• Haha 1

Where were those Costco pictures taken?  Top one shows 'Tyre Center'.   I don't recall Costco using that spelling domestically.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 10X said:

Where were those Costco pictures taken?  Top one shows 'Tyre Center'.   I don't recall Costco using that spelling domestically.

Why does it matter? Does panic buying, no matter where's it's taking place, make a difference?

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Why does it matter? Does panic buying, no matter where's it's taking place, make a difference?

Context matters.  Where were those Costco pictures taken?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 10X said:

Context matters.  Where were those Costco pictures taken?

Is Google broken on your computer?

5 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

If the panic buying is in another freakin’ country? I’d say - Yes.

Really, so people panic differently in other countries from the same virus and fear? :crazy:

Amazing.

• Disagree 2

If you don't know where they were taken, "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

If you do know, saying where the photos you posted were taken is also a perfectly acceptable answer.

If you do know, but don't want to tell us, that's odd...but enjoy keeping your little secret.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

7 minutes ago, 10X said:

If you don't know where they were taken, "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

If you do know, saying where the photos you posted were taken is also a perfectly acceptable answer.

If you do know, but don't want to tell us, that's odd...but enjoy keeping your little secret.

Once again, why does it matter which store it was, here, I did the work for you, since typing in Google seems to be so difficult for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=panic+buying+at+costco&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjjycuC3IPoAhWdlXIEHc1KCGUQ_AUoAnoECAwQBA&biw=1234&bih=545

https://www.google.com/search?q=panic+buying+at+costco&source=lmns&bih=545&biw=1234&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwiMvv3J3IPoAhWEBt8KHVvsAycQ_AUoAHoECAEQAA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/newsalerts/video-2122138/Video-Panic-buying-hits-Miami-Costco-coronavirus-fears-spread.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/03/02/coronavirus-toilet-paper-shortage-stores-selling-out/4930420002/

http://sandrarose.com/2020/03/panic-buying-hundreds-line-up-at-costco-stores-as-2nd-coronavirus-death-confirmed-in-u-s/

20 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Really, so people panic differently in other countries from the same virus and fear? :crazy:

Amazing.

Absolutely they do.

Different cultures, different geographic locations, different infrastructure, different media, different emergency response capabilities, different healthcare systems and capabilities, just to name a few...

These factors all play into how a population will react when faced with a crisis.

The fact that you don’t understand that is frightening.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, 10X said:

Sniper knows everything. At least in his own mind. Saying I don't know or I was mistaken is deeply threatening to his psyche. In case you haven't noticed. 

• Agree 3

Having lived in HI for over a year, it’s literally another country. And could possibly be best set to isolate itself from the virus. Unfortunately they have a deep dependence on the ”mainland “    and a heavy Asian influence ( ergo they are watching the news in China, s Korea, Japan, etc)

soo I’m not rilly surprised by this.

That being said, stop fear mongering ffs. We are our own worst enemy, or at least, our Incontinence  members are.

You are truly sick if you want a pandemic to happen 

15 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Different cultures, different geographic locations, different infrastructure, different media, different emergency response capabilities, different healthcare systems and capabilities, just to name a few...

These factors all play into how a population will react when faced with a crisis.

Thanks for that Einstein, you're amazing!! Telling us that human nature can vary, is so enlightening.

13 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Sniper knows everything.

That's correct, you're finally learning. At least I back up what I post with links, charts and data. You, on the other hand, back up your posts with... well, nothing....

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

You are truly sick if you want a pandemic to happen 

Who said ANYTHING about that????  :banghead: