gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Having lived in HI for over a year, it’s literally another country. And could possibly be best set to isolate itself from the virus. Unfortunately they have a deep dependence on the ”mainland “    and a heavy Asian influence ( ergo they are watching the news in China, s Korea, Japan, etc)

Did that hold true for the other links I posted, which took place in Brooklyn, NY and California. Are they isolated from the rest of the country too?

12 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Thanks for that Einstein, you're amazing!! Telling us that human nature can vary, is so enlightening.

You say that like everyone should already know that, and yet, you demonstrably didn’t.

You couldn’t figure out that these variables would make people react differently to a similar crisis based on where they were from. You thought people in the UK, or Canada, or the Antipodes (wherever this photo was actually taken) would react the same as Americans when faced with this international health crisis. You thought that it would be acceptable to post photos of another country and try to pass it off as America - Because we all panic the same... :rolleyes:

Well, which is it?

Does it not matter because we all panic the same way?

Or does a people’s specific environmental and societal situation affect how the react in a crisis?

You can’t have it both ways...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I heard about the two strains yesterday from Chris Martenson.   Great daily videos detailing specific by the way.  No panic, just the details.  I'm reading more about those strains today.

If you catch S (It's just the flu bro).

If you catch L, it's worse.

We will probably start to hear which strains are where.

two-strains.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

29 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

You thought that it would be acceptable to post photos of another country and try to pass it off as America - Because we all panic the same...

Would you like to quote where I said those pictures are from this country? I said they were from Costco. Then, as a followup, I gave the link to the Brooklyn Costco. Is that Costco in a different country?

Just stop already, you're digging your hole deeper and deeper.

How about proving that there hasn't been any panic buying going on in the US... go ahead, show us that...

I'll be waiting......................................................  a long time for that data from you.....

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm - There is no boathouse at Hereford.........  ;)

I have grown to hate Deniro - but I will always love this movie - 

• Haha 1

@Sniper - I see posters asking reasonable questions/making reasonable points, and in a reasonable tone, and then I see you responding with condescension and insults. Get out of fight mode, pls. Walk away from the keyboard. Go walk your dog... or have a glass of port. Come back when you're less belligerant. This is a community. Let's be civil.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 7

53 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I heard about the two strains yesterday from Chris Martenson.   Great daily videos detailing specific by the way.  No panic, just the details.  I'm reading more about those strains today.

two-strains.jpg

So - I have been tracking this as well.  It has been stated that the L strain was an early variant as shown - however I thin the graphic might be wrong - I *think* the L strain is the oldest.

Not so ironically I was reading, stupidly mind you, a comments section on the NY times to an article early on, probably Feb 10 or so.

The talk was drivel as you can expect - but one fellow was reacting to a comment some person said about mutations and how it will mutate to be even deadlier.

A person claiming to be a virologist, stated it doesn't work that way - mutations tend to be less lethal as mutations move on to allow the virus to replicate and survive - it does not good if the hosts die too quickly, end replication etc.

I checked that and it seems to be very true - however, the person was shot down as a loon and basically ripped apart by the commenter's that clearly had no information as basis in fact.

No additionally, I read that this is a very very close cousin to SARS itself, I would say that this is not a new corona, but an evolution of the original SARS that was not fully eradicated in the last outbreak and just went dormant.  Once warm weather set in and containment strategies were slowing its spread it fizzled - at least that was my take away - please correct me if I misread it.

I have no medical training - cept some emergency stuff - so epidemiology is kinda new to me....  :)

39 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Brooklyn Costco. Is that Costco in a different country?

Yeah - its friggin Brooklyn !!!

It aint the brooklyn of old........

LMFAO  :)

I think the graphic was hastily done and probably wrong too, but I'll forgive it since this is early on in this panish-epidemic.

The core point was correct in that is has significantly mutated.   It is also true that viruses tend to mutate to be easier to catch and less lethal.  Natural selection allows it to spread and spread and spread. 

It is still quite serious and we should all be paying attention.

If you watch Chris Martenson, he uses one slide describing how pandemics work.   It certainly seems to be progressing along this.   We now have clusters in Washington, California and NY with the Westchester guy who seems to have infected at least half a dozen.

Untitled-2.jpg

18 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I think the graphic was hastily done and probably wrong too, but I'll forgive it since this is early on in this panish-epidemic.

The core point was correct in that is has significantly mutated.   It is also true that viruses tend to mutate to be easier to catch and less lethal.  Natural selection allows it to spread and spread and spread. 

It is still quite serious and we should all be paying attention.

If you watch Chris Martenson, he uses one slide describing how pandemics work.   It certainly seems to be progressing along this.   We now have clusters in Washington, California and NY with the Westchester guy who seems to have infected at least half a dozen.

Untitled-2.jpg

Great data - do you have a link as I did not see it - but I will search.

I think the most critical item for me at least is how the "worried well" as I have heard it called - will potentially overwhelm a system.

I also think that if a sane public can keep their heads (wishful thinking) that might be our best weapon - keep calm and carry on.

We as a family are not the type to go to the DR for a sniffle etc. however, we have friends that at the slightest hiccup get a scrip.  

No Bueno !!

I still *think* it is possible to blunt this to a degree - (proper term?) I also think that more of us have it, or have had it and do not even know it.  

I know a guy that in late Jan Early feb had a stomach ailment two days - broke into a "cold" and only by end of Feb cleared up.  Rides LIRR most days and attributed it to the LIRR Cough...  who knows

12 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Great data - do you have a link as I did not see it - but I will search.

I think the most critical item for me at least is how the "worried well" as I have heard it called - will potentially overwhelm a system.

I also think that if a sane public can keep their heads (wishful thinking) that might be our best weapon - keep calm and carry on.

We as a family are not the type to go to the DR for a sniffle etc. however, we have friends that at the slightest hiccup get a scrip.  

No Bueno !!

I still *think* it is possible to blunt this to a degree - (proper term?) I also think that more of us have it, or have had it and do not even know it.  

I know a guy that in late Jan Early feb had a stomach ailment two days - broke into a "cold" and only by end of Feb cleared up.  Rides LIRR most days and attributed it to the LIRR Cough...  who knows

While lengthy, I tend to just turn them on and browse other stuff.  He documents everything as to sources.  Puts out a daily video in the evening.  Peak Prosperity - Chris Martenson

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2-QVBQi48RRQTD4Jhxu8w

Another good source is Dr. John Campbell.  He goes into how it infects, and more detail. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching/videos

The biggest issue with a Pandemic is flattening the bell curve.  You want to stretch out and buy time as much as possible.  Trump stopping entry from Chinese had exactly this effect.  It probably pushed the spread in this country back several weeks.   The same for SK, Italy and Iran.   It all buys time.

I've said this from the beginning.  If everyone catches  this, you want to be in the very early stages to get the best treatment or the very end stages where they have figured out therapies and improved the prognosis significantly.   Catching it smack at the top of the bell curve is the worst possible scenario.

If I can "prep" and take off a couple weeks, play video games, split firewood, etc. and only catch it at the end?  Perfect.  Ideally you never get it at all or get it mild.   Still, my age cohort (50-59) has a 1.3% fatality rate and considering my Asthma, I'm probably a touch higher.    I know I wouldn't get into a car if I had a 1.3% chance of dying every time.    Fortunately, this thing seems to skip children and babies.  That's a small win.

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

You can’t have it both ways...

Sure you can. You just punch out of reality, ignore what was posted, and make shit up. Hence why he says I never back my stuff up with citations. Completely ignoring the many times I have, and even when I counter what he just posted with what is actually in his own damn links. 

He will double down on a mistake to the end of days. 

14 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Lots of things appear to work. The problem is most people don't apply disinfectants properly. Most of them you have to go on wet and leave it there for at least 3 minutes. 

Which is not what most people do. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

While lengthy, I tend to just turn them on and browse other stuff.  He documents everything as to sources.  Puts out a daily video in the evening.  Peak Prosperity - Chris Martenson

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2-QVBQi48RRQTD4Jhxu8w

Another good source is Dr. John Campbell.  He goes into how it infects, and more detail. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching/videos

The biggest issue with a Pandemic is flattening the bell curve.  You want to stretch out and buy time as much as possible.  Trump stopping entry from Chinese had exactly this effect.  It probably pushed the spread in this country back several weeks.   The same for SK, Italy and Iran.   It all buys time.

I've said this from the beginning.  If everyone catches  this, you want to be in the very early stages to get the best treatment or the very end stages where they have figured out therapies and improved the prognosis significantly.   Catching it smack at the top of the bell curve is the worst possible scenario.

If I can "prep" and take off a couple weeks, play video games, split firewood, etc. and only catch it at the end?  Perfect.  Ideally you never get it at all or get it mild.   Still, my age cohort (50-59) has a 1.3% fatality rate and considering my Asthma, I'm probably a touch higher.    I know I wouldn't get into a car if I had a 1.3% chance of dying every time.    Fortunately, this thing seems to skip children and babies.  That's a small win.

I bet he teaches, very well done - now the $20.00 question is when do we think the bell curve blossoms - ?

*IF* what they are saying is true, that they think it has been spreading weeks in Washington - I would think the bell is in a week to three.

I also think that the WHO has to keep up the pressure to keep it in the news that this is terrible otherwise, it may be dismissed offhand.

Frankly, I might have said this before, but I was in FLA over Feb 14 weekend - I FULLY expected thousands upon thousands of cases when I got back by the 16th - I was at DEFCON bazzillion out of 10 ( :) )

While we do have a potential rough path ahead - not having - at least it seems - a staggering number of severe cases at this time - the travel restrictions did work to buy time.

Two things I have also seen - one it was not only POTUS that talked about warm weather with coronavirus suppression - I saw some medical/scientists say the same thing - that they think the change of the season along with possible containment measures can cause this to retreat - but possibly upswing again in the fall winter..

Also that it in all likelihood may now just be endemic in society, in a strain that is not so virulent or deadly - akin to the common cold.

Additionally, saw this - and this all now seems rather fishy if I do say so myself.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/coronavirus-vaccine-tests-texas/2020/03/05/id/957028/

Also the calculation of the mortality rate may be off to some degree as I think all the data is not in as yet - 

5 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Additionally, saw this - and this all now seems rather fishy if I do say so myself.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/coronavirus-vaccine-tests-texas/2020/03/05/id/957028/

I've added my comments in bold, to a few of the points I've underlined in the linked article.

Scientists in Texas had developed a vaccine to protect against a deadly strain of coronavirus four years ago, but were forced to stop work on it because they didn’t have enough money to test it on humans, NBC Newsis reporting.

The vaccine was developed in 2016, more than a decade after the viral disease SARS had killed more than 770 people in China. The disease was an earlier coronavirus similar to the one now impacting the globe.

“We tried like heck to see if we could get investors or grants to move this into the clinic," said Peter Hotez, co-director of the Center for Vaccine Development at Texas Children's Hospital. "But we just could not generate much interest."

It's hard to generate interest or attract funding for a potential vaccine to a disease that had largely run its' course a decade earlier.   Yes, it would be nice to have a vaccine stockpiled in case SARS comes roaring back, but given the enormous costs of clinical trials, I can understand why funding didn't materialize.   I suspect a lot of those dollars ended up going to MERS and Ebola vaccine research instead, once they became the larger threats.

“We could have had this ready to go and been testing the vaccine's efficacy at the start of this new outbreak in China," said Hotez, who is convinced the vaccine could provide cross-protection against the new coronavirus. 

Maybe it would provide cross-protection.  Certainly one would test for it, and I'd hope they are doing exactly that with the remaining stocks they said they have frozen.  But the immune system is exquisitely selective, and cross-protection is the exception, rather than the rule.  You don't see it with flu vaccines, and it is why we've never had a cold vaccine.

"It's tragic that we won't have a vaccine ready for this epidemic," Hotez said. "Practically speaking, we'll be fighting these outbreaks with one hand tied behind our backs."

Sadly true, though I don't know how one could ever have a vaccine ready at the outset of an epidemic caused by a previously-unknown organism.  Best one can do is be ready to quickly start up a research and development effort to attack the new threat.

• Informative 1

52 minutes ago, 10X said:

I've added my comments in bold, to a few of the points I've underlined in the linked article.

Scientists in Texas had developed a vaccine to protect against a deadly strain of coronavirus four years ago, but were forced to stop work on it because they didn’t have enough money to test it on humans, NBC Newsis reporting.

The vaccine was developed in 2016, more than a decade after the viral disease SARS had killed more than 770 people in China. The disease was an earlier coronavirus similar to the one now impacting the globe.

“We tried like heck to see if we could get investors or grants to move this into the clinic," said Peter Hotez, co-director of the Center for Vaccine Development at Texas Children's Hospital. "But we just could not generate much interest."

It's hard to generate interest or attract funding for a potential vaccine to a disease that had largely run its' course a decade earlier.   Yes, it would be nice to have a vaccine stockpiled in case SARS comes roaring back, but given the enormous costs of clinical trials, I can understand why funding didn't materialize.   I suspect a lot of those dollars ended up going to MERS and Ebola vaccine research instead, once they became the larger threats.

“We could have had this ready to go and been testing the vaccine's efficacy at the start of this new outbreak in China," said Hotez, who is convinced the vaccine could provide cross-protection against the new coronavirus. 

Maybe it would provide cross-protection.  Certainly one would test for it, and I'd hope they are doing exactly that with the remaining stocks they said they have frozen.  But the immune system is exquisitely selective, and cross-protection is the exception, rather than the rule.  You don't see it with flu vaccines, and it is why we've never had a cold vaccine.

"It's tragic that we won't have a vaccine ready for this epidemic," Hotez said. "Practically speaking, we'll be fighting these outbreaks with one hand tied behind our backs."

Sadly true, though I don't know how one could ever have a vaccine ready at the outset of an epidemic caused by a previously-unknown organism.  Best one can do is be ready to quickly start up a research and development effort to attack the new threat.

How do you even have clinical trials for a disease that already "ran its course"

The idea that money was a factor is true, but even if they had the money for SARS, they would have no one to test the vaccine on.. 

The article reads like we're some how supposed to do something different... but even if we developed a SARS vaccine, we would have to at the very least modify it.. which is what I was reading a few days ago is exactly what they are doing now.

This is a ploy for these people to get more funding, this has nothing to do with a proverbial "hand tied behind your back" bullshyt.. 

We will always be behind the curve when it comes to disease... which is why early detection is the greatest tool. 

If this guy really believes that his vaccine could be use for the new strain... then why isnt it in clinicals if he claims to have developed it?

• Informative 1

49 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

How do you even have clinical trials for a disease that already "ran its course"

The idea that money was a factor is true, but even if they had the money for SARS, they would have no one to test the vaccine on.. 

Exactly right.   That was a big factor in the development of both vaccines and treatments for ebola.   Groups would develop an idea to the point where it was working well in the lab, go into small scale production in advance of clinical trials...and then entire years would go by during which no human on earth contracted ebola.  Great news overall, but it sure derails a clinical program.

• Informative 1

5 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@Sniper - I see posters asking reasonable questions/making reasonable points, and in a reasonable tone, and then I see you responding with condescension and insults. Get out of fight mode, pls. Walk away from the keyboard. Go walk your dog... or have a glass of port. Come back when you're less belligerant. This is a community. Let's be civil.

Everyone should just block him. That way he can essentially insult himself. Works for me. The forum is a much better place minus his crap.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Exactly right.   That was a big factor in the development of both vaccines and treatments for ebola.   Groups would develop an idea to the point where it was working well in the lab, go into small scale production in advance of clinical trials...and then entire years would go by during which no human on earth contracted ebola.  Great news overall, but it sure derails a clinical program.

Ohhh, that's interesting. I never considered that factor re: those diseases that have occasional "outbreaks" but then are contained and die down again... until the next outbreak. Scary stuff. 

On 3/1/2020 at 8:54 PM, USRifle30Cal said:

Your faucet will work.......  bush terminal area  used to be filled with self sufficient remarkable people...seems times have changed... 

You have no idea.  Rather pathetic:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8070533/amp/Millions-millennials-bad-DIY-admit-change-light-bulb.html

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I find that pretty incredible, too... for such a media-savvy generation! Instead of finding a contractor on Google, you could just as easily tap your little fingers right on over to YouTube and pull up endless instructional videos (wallpapering, painting, upholstery, car repair, gardening, operating a woodstove, on and on - it's ALL there, just waiting for you).

I even used a YouTube video for learning how to take down and clean my older Ruger 22/45 (because the thing is a horror show of poor design in that regard - apparently, many are brought to gunsmiths by despairing owners - though newer models have apparently rectified that). So, I noodled through a few videos, found a great one by a guy who also happened to be a teacher - helped tremendously!

7 hours ago, Malsua said:

two-strains.jpg

Just like the Andromeda Strain

This will be the problem in this country.   Just like the Ebola nurse who wouldn't quarantine herself, there will be vast numbers of people who refuse to be bothered by the pesky quarantine.  China responded by welding people into their buildings.  It seems to have worked for the most part.

There is a lesson here.  Stop eating out or getting delivery in the near term.   I work less than a mile from Hackensack hospital where there is currently a CV patient.  I see people in scrubs at the restaurants I get food at.   Did they have perfect discipline?  Did they hand the cashier a five that I now get as change?   I dunno.  The risk is super low but it's not zero.  I think I'll pack a lunch for a while.  It'll save a few bucks and I can sit in my office and watch Netflix or something so it's a win-win.

-----------

Coronavirus Patient Zero in Italy Was Pakistani Migrant Who Refused to Self-Isolate

Continued to work at restaurant and deliver Chinese food.

92bdc8bce676fd1d053262a01af1a3b8?s=46&d=

Published

6 hours ago

on

5 March, 2020
050320corona.jpg

The man believed to be coronavirus patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant refused to self-isolate after testing positive for the virus and continued to deliver food.

Health authorities asked the man to quarantine himself at his home in the Pavia area for two weeks, but he ignored the request and continued to work at a Chinese restaurant.

He then compounded the risk of spreading the virus by making home deliveries of Chinese food.

Authorities were alerted to the situation and the military intervened to return the man to his home.

“The Carabinieri have been busy reconstructing all the movements of the young man, in order to identify as many people as possible with whom he came into contact. In the meantime, the military has closed the Chinese restaurant,” reports Free West Media.

The migrant now faces up to 3 months in jail for failing to self-isolate under article 650 of the Italian penal code.

Italy has recorded a total of more than 3,000 cases of the coronavirus and 148 people have died. The country was the primary source of the virus spreading to numerous other European countries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I find that pretty incredible, too... for such a media-savvy generation! Instead of finding a contractor on Google, you could just as easily tap your little fingers right on over to YouTube and pull up endless instructional videos (wallpapering, painting, upholstery, car repair, gardening, operating a woodstove, on and on - it's ALL there, just waiting for you).

I even used a YouTube video for learning how to take down and clean my older Ruger 22/45 (because the thing is a horror show of poor design in that regard - apparently, many are brought to gunsmiths by despairing owners - though newer models have apparently rectified that). So, I noodled through a few videos, found a great one by a guy who also happened to be a teacher - helped tremendously!

Must be similar to my Mark I. That was a treat the first time I took it apart.

• Haha 1

Ahhh, thread drift... but I don't feel guilty because @gleninjersey drifted his own thread a few posts back! :D

Anyway, back on topic... I finally did my "Phase II" shopping today. As mentioned elsewhere, it was really more of a response to reading "Lights Out" by Ted Koppel a couple months back than to this Coronavirus thingie. And I didn't go insane... I purchased items I was nearly out of anyway, and just stocked up a little extra. FWIW, the grocery store I hit was quite well-stocked out here in Hunterdon County. I just stocked up on some paper goods, a few extra canned goods, some sodas and juices for variety. Not even a full cart. Oh, and I hit the pet store (again, I was low on kibble for my pup anyway) so I bought 2 bags instead of the usual 1. That's it. I'm done! Honestly, I could huddle in my house quite nicely for 6 weeks if I needed to. And, my timing was impeccable, because just now on the news I saw the first cases of "community spread" is believed to have happened in NY. So, ha!... I'm prepared... take THAT, Coronavirus! :assassin:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Malsua said:

This will be the problem in this country.   Just like the Ebola nurse who wouldn't quarantine herself, there will be vast numbers of people who refuse to be bothered by the pesky quarantine.  China responded by welding people into their buildings.  It seems to have worked for the most part.

There is a lesson here.  Stop eating out or getting delivery in the near term.   I work less than a mile from Hackensack hospital where there is currently a CV patient.  I see people in scrubs at the restaurants I get food at.   Did they have perfect discipline?  Did they hand the cashier a five that I now get as change?   I dunno.  The risk is super low but it's not zero.  I think I'll pack a lunch for a while.  It'll save a few bucks and I can sit in my office and watch Netflix or something so it's a win-win.

-----------

Coronavirus Patient Zero in Italy Was Pakistani Migrant Who Refused to Self-Isolate

Continued to work at restaurant and deliver Chinese food.

92bdc8bce676fd1d053262a01af1a3b8?s=46&d=

Published

6 hours ago

on

5 March, 2020
050320corona.jpg

The man believed to be coronavirus patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant refused to self-isolate after testing positive for the virus and continued to deliver food.

Health authorities asked the man to quarantine himself at his home in the Pavia area for two weeks, but he ignored the request and continued to work at a Chinese restaurant.

He then compounded the risk of spreading the virus by making home deliveries of Chinese food.

Authorities were alerted to the situation and the military intervened to return the man to his home.

“The Carabinieri have been busy reconstructing all the movements of the young man, in order to identify as many people as possible with whom he came into contact. In the meantime, the military has closed the Chinese restaurant,” reports Free West Media.

The migrant now faces up to 3 months in jail for failing to self-isolate under article 650 of the Italian penal code.

Italy has recorded a total of more than 3,000 cases of the coronavirus and 148 people have died. The country was the primary source of the virus spreading to numerous other European countries.

Some people cant afford to just not go to work for 1 - 2 weeks. That's a big justification for fkn everyone else..

• Like 1

Addendum to my prior post about hospital discipline and how it can fail.

https://act.nationalnursesunited.org/page/-/files/graphics/NU-Quarantine-RN-press-conf-statement.pdf

Statement by a quarantined nurse from a northern California Kaiser facility

March 5, 2020

As a nurse, I’m very concerned that not enough is being done to stop the spread of the coronavirus. I know because I am currently sick and in quarantineafter caring for a patient who tested positive. I’m awaiting“permission” from the federal governmentto allow for my testing,even after my physician and county health professional ordered it.

I volunteered to be on the care team for this patient, who we knew was positive.I did this because I had all the recommended protective gear and training from my employer. I did this assuming that if something happened to me,of course I too would be cared for.

Then,what was a small concern after a few days of caring for this patient,became my reality:I started getting sick. When employee health told me that my fever and other symptoms fit the criteria for potential coronavirus, I was put on a 14-day self-quarantine. Since the criteria was met,the testing would be done. My doctor ordered the test through the county. The public county officer called me and verified my symptoms and agreed with testing.But the National CDC would not initiate testing.Theysaid they would not test me because if I were wearing the recommended protective equipment, then I wouldn’t have the coronavirus.What kind of science-based answer is that? What a ridiculous and uneducated response from the department thatis in charge of our health in this country. Later,they called back,and now it’s an issue with something called the “identifier number.”

They claim theyprioritize running samples by illness severity and thatthere areonly so many to give out each day. So I have to wait in lineto find out the results. This is not the ticket dispenser at the deli counter; it’s a public health emergency!

I am a registered nurse, and I need to know if I am positive before going back to caring for patients.I am appalled at the level of bureaucracy that’s preventing nurses from getting tested. That is a health care decision my doctor and my county health department agree with.Delaying this test puts the whole community at risk. I have the backing of my union. Nurses aren’t going to stand by and let this testing delay continue; we are going to stand together to make sure we can protect our patientsby being protected ourselves