gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

37 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Rabbit / Squirrel ….... slow smoke over open fire.

I like mustard with rabbit - when I hunted them - I had a mustard based sauce - cannot recall what it was - ages ago - but you can find one online....  good stuff.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

know what all this shows us? NOW is the time to start the process to get moving on producing these things at home again, rather than depending on a foreign country for our supplies.

^^^^^^^^^^^  THIS ONE THOUSAND TIMES OVER !

My wife and I had this exact conversation last night.

I think this “crisis” will expose our weaknesses as far as outsourcing products that Americans deem as life’s necessities.

Hopefully, this will create a strong “Made in USA” movement that is sustainable and long lasting. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

My wife and I had this exact conversation last night.

I think this “crisis” will expose our weaknesses as far as outsourcing products that Americans deem as life’s necessities.

Hopefully, this will create a strong “Made in USA” movement that is sustainable and long lasting. 

I believe that this WILL be the case - and I am hopeful that the 'globalists' will be silenced......  Imagine if during WW2 - we had to source steel and other ware necessities from AXIS powers.... what if the great American industrial machine could not get started up ....

Imagine *IF* - as was said in the Tucker Carlson interview CHINA, who has the globe by the short ones - tugs more....

4 hours ago, Malsua said:

This is a good one by Tucker.

If that was from last night, it was a good one!

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

know what all this shows us? NOW is the time to start the process to get moving on producing these things at home again, rather than depending on a foreign country for our supplies.

That's very true..

But, will the public be willing to pay 3X for the same stuff, since it's made here, considering 2/3rds of the population live paycheck to paycheck NOW?

Plus, if a movement started now to move all manufacturing back here, that's not done in a month, and probably couldn't be done even by the end of the year. The economic damage going on NOW can't be stopped on a dime.

It's no wonder why these NJ based Phara. Companies are on "Palacial" properties with huge magnificient buildings....tremendous salaries and benefits....the stuff is made in China for nothin' and then they rape the American consumer..... Cat is out of the bag......do something about it...omo.

• Agree 1

Well, some good news and bad news...

The good news:

...." Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told lawmakers during a House Oversight Committee hearing Wednesday that COVID-19 — the disease caused by the novel coronavirus — is probably about 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu.

At the same time, he did clarify that 10 times figure actually brings the new coronavirus' fatality rate lower than official estimates, which hover around 3 percent. The flu has a mortality rate of about 0.1 percent, so, when considering the likelihood that there are many asymptomatic or very mild cases that have gone undiagnosed, Fauci places the new coronavirus' lethality rate at somewhere around 1 percent.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/901470/coronavirus-10-times-more-lethal-than-seasonal-flu-trumps-task-force-immunologist-says

Which means, 99% WON'T die if you catch it!

Bad News: The WHO is officially calling it a Pandemic:

....."The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global pandemic on Wednesday as the new coronavirus, which was unknown to world health officials just three months ago, has rapidly spread to more than 121,000 people from Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the United States.

“In the past two weeks the number of cases outside China has increased thirteenfold and the number of affected countries has tripled,” WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press conference at the organization’s headquarters in Geneva. “In the days and weeks ahead, we expect to see the number of cases, the number of deaths and the number of affected countries to climb even higher.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/who-declares-the-coronavirus-outbreak-a-global-pandemic.html

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

If that was from last night, it was a good one!

That's very true..

But, will the public be willing to pay 3X for the same stuff, since it's made here, considering 2/3rds of the population live paycheck to paycheck NOW?

Plus, if a movement started now to move all manufacturing back here, that's not done in a month, and probably couldn't be done even by the end of the year. The economic damage going on NOW can't be stopped on a dime.

it doesn't have to be that much more expensive. i'm not sure, but i pretty strongly suspect that with some factors that it's not as cheap to make things in china as it used to be.....and not nearly as advantagous as it used to be......i'd ask our guys that work with the suppliers over there to chime in on that?

either way.....if pearl happened tomorrow morning, we'd be toast.

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I believe that this WILL be the case - and I am hopeful that the 'globalists' will be silenced......  Imagine if during WW2 - we had to source steel and other ware necessities from AXIS powers.... what if the great American industrial machine could not get started up ....

Imagine *IF* - as was said in the Tucker Carlson interview CHINA, who has the globe by the short ones - tugs more....

we'd have lost in less than a year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

Imagine if during WW2 - we had to source steel and other ware necessities from AXIS powers

The SR-71's were made with Russian titanium.  How fuk'n funny is that!  I know, apples to oranges.  America has huge natural resources, titanium is not one of them.

During WW2, a tremendous amount of iron and steel was "recycled".  People took the bumpers off their cars for the war effort.  If we absolutely needed steel and other stuff, we'd find a way to produce it.  Cost:Benefit  Cost may be high, but if you don't get it, you loose.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

During WW2, a tremendous amount of iron and steel was "recycled".  People took the bumpers off their cars for the war effort.  If we absolutely needed steel and other stuff, we'd find a way to produce it.  Cost:Benefit  Cost may be high, but if you don't get it, you loose.

WWII did "SCRAP DRIVES" and much of what was collected was dumped.   Iron and Steel were recyclable but there are and were tons of Iron Ore mines in the country that were easily filling the need.

Just now, xXxplosive said:

What's next......Rental Cars, Hotels, Restaurants...….I dunno.

I have a friend who works at a resort.  The board of reservations is nearly cleared.  All she's doing is handling cancellations.

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It literally is. This is msm at its finest. And China pre reaction helped a ton. Like setting the bar

Actually, they _literally_ are not. 

Don't take my word for it though.

" “This virus is not SARS, it’s not MERS, and it’s not influenza,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a briefing Tuesday, referencing other coronaviruses that have caused smaller outbreaks. “It is a unique virus with unique characteristics.” "

Just now, Malsua said:

Actually, they _literally_ are not. 

Don't take my word for it though.

" “This virus is not SARS, it’s not MERS, and it’s not influenza,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a briefing Tuesday, referencing other coronaviruses that have caused smaller outbreaks. “It is a unique virus with unique characteristics.” "

Meh

Alright, I'll put this out there. Maybe the government(s) can have a dry test run for a nationwide lockdown.

You know, so when they do it for their own purposes you'll be pre-disposed to obey.

Check out the Army USOC training video on "Megacities".

2 hours ago, Malsua said:

But it's just the flu bro.

It basically is. The NIH lowered the death rate today from around 3% down to 1%, since they have more data. I would bet it will go actually lower, once they test more minor cases.

So, if you have a 99% chance of survival, should life come to a stop NOW?

22 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Alright, I'll put this out there. Maybe the government(s) can have a dry test run for a nationwide lockdown.

You know, so when they do it for their own purposes you'll be pre-disposed to obey.

Be careful what you wish for. Trump is coming out at 9PM tonight to make some sort of declaration.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

It basically is. The NIH lowered the death rate today from around 3% down to 1%, since they have more data. I would bet it will go actually lower, once they test more minor cases.

So, if you have a 99% chance of survival, should life come to a stop NOW?

Maybe the overall population has a 1% chance of dying currently. That number will change if the healthcare system, specifically ICU beds, are maxed out. From what I've read those over 70 in Italy were at about an 11% mortality rate for COVID-19 infections the last time I checked. Our healthcare is superior in the US, but the system can only handle so much at once. 

There are about 46 million people over the age of 70 in the US. Then you have those with health conditions suspected of being more susceptible; asthma (25 million), diabetes (33 million), and uncontrolled Stage 2 Hypertension (37 million). It's likely some people have more than 1 condition, but it's still a lot of people at risk. 

wallyworld Somerdale. no tp. none. isle's empty. no hand wipes. gone. no water. isle's empty on that side. bleach almost gone. plenty of paper towels. plenty of food, including bread, rolls, and non-perishable food.
I saw at least 4 women walking with their shopping carts FULL of tp. some with paper towels.

food almost untouched, but I didn't go up any of the frozen isles. those are normally half empty anyway.

I swear....if anything bad happened, these morons will be clean, but they'll starve to death and die surrounded by tp.
3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Check out the Army USOC training video on "Megacities".

some will. I suspect most here won't

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Maybe the overall population has a 1% chance of dying currently. That number will change if the healthcare system, specifically ICU beds, are maxed out. From what I've read those over 70 in Italy were at about an 11% mortality rate for COVID-19 infections the last time I checked. Our healthcare is superior in the US, but the system can only handle so much at once. 

There are about 46 million people over the age of 70 in the US. Then you have those with health conditions suspected of being more susceptible; asthma (25 million), diabetes (33 million), and uncontrolled Stage 2 Hypertension (37 million). It's likely some people have more than 1 condition, but it's still a lot of people at risk. 

The other factor related to the mortality rate is that this has no vaccine.  With a vaccine the rate would be much lower. Maybe comparable to typical flu outbreaks. 

Yes, thats a lot of people at risk. Context, flu infection rates.... % or people who get the flu... varies from 3% to 15% per year.  Nowhere near everyone. But a lot some years.

Travel from Europe is now stopped for 30 days starting Friday.

Elderly should stop all unnecessary travel.

Social distancing is king.  Avoid gatherings, groups, etc.  STAY THE EFF HOME!

I have been Vulcan greeting everyone.  Live long and prosper.

• Like 1

Just now, Malsua said:

Social distancing is king.  Avoid gatherings, groups, etc.  STAY THE EFF HOME!

I have been Vulcan greeting everyone.  Live long and prosper.

When I walk through NYC I notice people tend to space themselves apart more in recent days. 

• Agree 1

Given Trump’s speech moments ago which includes a ban on all travel from Europe(excluding the UK), the level of anxiety will now ratchet  up to a new level. 
The shit has gotten real. Buckle up.

37 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

From what I've read those over 70 in Italy were at about an 11% mortality rate for COVID-19 infections the last time I checked.

Yes, those over 70 with underlining health conditions are at higher risk. That also goes for our seasonal flu and every other contagious disease.

39 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Which is why the number one way to prepare is to keep yourself in good health. A recent report the other day stated that 42% of Americans are Obese. They put themselves in harms way, and this is why they have all those other underlining health conditions.

Also, regarding ages, the median age in China and the US is 38. The median age in Italy is 46. So, Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world, which would also make them more susceptible to Covid.

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Also, regarding ages, the median age in China and the US is 38. The median age in Italy is 46. So, Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world, which would also make them more susceptible to Covid.

I did not know that.

I wonder if Italians are hoarding TP?  I still don’t get why TP is being cleaned out.  I mean..its good for the rest of us in terms of product availability that they are largely ignoring their food supply.  They think the supply chain will be disrupted...but only for TP.

Unreal...