gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

Just now, GramGun79 said:

My kids are in Bridgewater also...i have not heard anything yet. I know Warren and Longhill are closed until April 13th

They just sent out an email from the superintendent

Also Here: 

https://www.brrsd.org/about/news-events/news-detail/~board/all-schools/post/update-on-covid-19-school-closingdistance-learning-3122020

Just now, Krdshrk said:

yep i see it now....

24 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Surprisingly, the domain name bettycrockpot.com is available. @Zeke, jus say'n. 

Hmmmmmm....now where did I leave my laptop and credit card?

Maybe I should start a GoFundMe to buy the domain name...

Disney World is closing until the 30th of March.

Disney Land was forced to be closed by the Governor of California.

These are good things.  Social distancing is key.

I expect everything to get pushed beyond these dates.

Friend of mine like a brother to me....texted me last night...99.7 fever....tickle in sinus and throat...took zirtec and tylenol...slept...

This morning, 99.9 till about 11...then normal all day till this evening...  no cough just itchy throat...  seems good now.....  no fever since around noon...

He is staying in and self monitoring....lives alone and not married...  well stocked...

Crazy times.....though  probably nothing.

11 minutes ago, Handyman said:

If he starts getting a craving for bats, stay away.

Every time someone gets a cold for the next three months they are going to freak out. 

I texted him that, and he said he called the local Chinese place and got six on a stick with hot sauce.....  now i am worried....  

Three months?  Wait...this will take years to get of peoples psyche...

39 minutes ago, Malsua said:

These are good things.  Social distancing is key.

I expect everything to get pushed beyond these dates.

Add the NBA to your list,

and the NCAA tournament March Madness

and the NHL

and NASCAR

and NYC Broadway shows

and all Live Nation concerts

and Princess and Viking cruise lines

and MLB pre season

and MLS

and......

12 minutes ago, Sniper said:

and the NHL

and NASCAR

and NYC Broadway shows

and MLB pre season

and MLS

and......

F1 had their first race in Melbourne this weekend and cancelled a couple hours before the first practice session (may cancel upcoming races also)

8 hours ago, Sniper said:

@AVB-AMG

Yet all you want to do is blame Trump. Did he, single handedly, create this virus?

8 hours ago, raz-0 said:

To AVB's screed. You make gross assumptions about what is going on here.

If you think it isn't being taken seriously by the administration, you are an idiot blinded by your own politics. has it been perfect? No. Would it have been perfect with someone else in the oval office? No. 

@Sniper and @raz-0:

Of course, Trump did not “single handedly create the virus”, but his inaction and decisions regarding it have exacerbated the spread of the virus in our country.

No, I do not think that Trump and his administration took the COVID-19 virus seriously when it was first revealed in China and then in subsequent weeks as it was spreading.  Yes, I do think that most other politicians would have had a much different and more careful approach towards addressing the COVID-19 virus, than Trump’s initial dismissive approach.  Being the self-centered person, he is, Trump did not want to raise concern about an impending health crisis that could most likely cause the stock market to puke, which in turn could put our country’s economy into recession and therefore seriously jeopardize his chances for re-election.  He and his administration did not push to have COVID-19 test kits manufactured and distributed in large quantities because, without testing there would be no way to verify how many U.S. citizens have this virus, so he could continue to downplay it. FYI, many U.S. hospitals requested diagnostic tests back in January, or the right to create their own tests. But the Trump administration ignored those requests until late February and that is part of the reason the U.S. is currently behind in testing.  Also, had the CDC's office for pandemic response not been de-funded by Trump in 2018, it is reasonable to believe the U.S. response would have been much prompter.  Are you aware that Trump's fiscal year 2021 budget proposal included a 16% reduction in CDC funding from the 2020 spending levels?  So yes, anyone else would have responded better that Trump did.

Trump of course has abandoned his attempt to call the COVID-19 virus a “hoax” and is now forced to admit that it's a serious threat, but his earlier message has already done its damage, along with his devoted propagandists like Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs who even now continue to downplay the dangers. The NIH's Dr Fauci had to correct Hannity on the air last night when Hannity, determined to downplay the danger in order to buff Trump's image, was spinning that the virus was no more dangerous than the flu. Trump himself can certainly be held responsible for his contradictory and self-congratulatory advice to the public, and for his general inability to consult American and world experts who don't bow and scrape before his "very stable genius."

Is this what you mean when you say that this pandemic “is not being taken seriously by this administration…”?  If so, you and others who agree with your incorrect statements are the blind idiots.  Politics should not be an issue when a health crisis arises that affects all of us, but unfortunately, this president and his administration and his enablers at Fox News have made their choices based on pure self-serving political motivations and not on the general welfare of all Americans.

Because of the current incompetent occupant of the White House, I will focus on reading and listening to others within our government to obtain factual information about the growing COVID-19 pandemic.  So aside from taking care of myself and following all of the now published and promoted safety precautions, the people who I will look to and trust to provide honest, truthful factual information are the educated experts, such as Senior Doctors and Medical Researchers; CDC and NIH spokespersons: State and local public health officials and finally, my Doctor.

AVB-AMG

Now it's really getting bad.  The NCAA National Rifle Championships (yes, that's a thing) was just cancelled!   I was curious and checked late this morning and it was still on, so this is very recent news.

NCAA Rifle Championships

45 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

No, I do not think that Trump and his administration took the COVID-19 virus seriously when it was first revealed in China and then in subsequent weeks as it was spreading.  Yes, I do think that most other politicians would have had a much different and more careful approach towards addressing the COVID-19 virus, than Trump’s initial dismissive approach.

@AVB-AMG

You mean when Trump instituted the travel ban from China in January, and caught all types of shit from your buddies in Congress and the media.?

Is it just like Obama calling H1N1 a national emergency 6 MONTHS later and after 1,000 people died?

48 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

Because of the current incompetent occupant of the White House, I will focus on reading and listening to others

LIke CNN, WaPo and NYT?

49 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

the people who I will look to and trust to provide honest, truthful factual information are the educated experts, such as Senior Doctors and Medical Researchers; CDC and NIH spokespersons:

Where do you think Trump gets HIS information from? The tooth fairy?

You should really consider NOT drinking and posting.

5 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

Wow!  The Walmart near me is fully stocked as of this morning.  The irony for me is that I will be on a plane more than I ever have been since I started with the program I work with.  I fly to Texas next week and Kansas in June......so far.

Each Walmart gets a minimum of Three 53’ trailers a day.  Pretty much everything in grocery, paper products and chem and personal care gets dropped every day.  If you have a 24 hr one near you, go before sunrise.  

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

@AVB-AMG

You mean when Trump instituted the travel ban from China in January, and caught all types of shit from your buddies in Congress and the media.?

Is it just like Obama calling H1N1 a national emergency 6 MONTHS later and after 1,000 people died?

LIke CNN, WaPo and NYT?

Where do you think Trump gets HIS information from? The tooth fairy?

You should really consider NOT drinking and posting.

Its sad isn’t it. Even when we should be working together as human beings, he goes out of his way to take irrational shots at Trump.  The marxists know no bounds in their quest for power.  The lackeys of marxists know no bounds in their efforts to atone for their misguided white guilt.  “I know black people...please like me!”

Maybe this thread in the Prep forum needs to get back on track.

10 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Each Walmart gets a minimum of Three 53’ trailers a day.  Pretty much everything in grocery, paper products and chem and personal care gets dropped every day.

I read an article that said because of the panic and JIT, local Walmart's couldn't reorder their normal way, due to shortages in the warehouses, and would just receive what was currently available in the warehouses.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

and the NHL

and NASCAR

and NYC Broadway shows

and MLB pre season

and MLS

and......

XFL?