gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

I would expect that food-type groceries, which are nearly all domestically produced, are fine at this time.  Other hard goods ..like TP. And cleaning products... that has a lower turnover rate in normal times, will be sporadically available.  

7 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

If Trump and his administration took the COVID-19 virus seriously when it was first revealed in China and then in subsequent weeks as it was spreading. 

AVB-AMG

Maybe if the Democrats in the House and Senate weren't so caught up in "impeach 45" there would have been more of a heads up.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Sniper and @raz-0:

Of course, Trump did not “single handedly create the virus”, but his inaction and decisions regarding it have exacerbated the spread of the virus in our country.

No, I do not think that Trump and his administration took the COVID-19 virus seriously when it was first revealed in China and then in subsequent weeks as it was spreading.  Yes, I do think that most other politicians would have had a much different and more careful approach towards addressing the COVID-19 virus, than Trump’s initial dismissive approach.  Being the self-centered person, he is, Trump did not want to raise concern about an impending health crisis that could most likely cause the stock market to puke, which in turn could put our country’s economy into recession and therefore seriously jeopardize his chances for re-election.  He and his administration did not push to have COVID-19 test kits manufactured and distributed in large quantities because, without testing there would be no way to verify how many U.S. citizens have this virus, so he could continue to downplay it. FYI, many U.S. hospitals requested diagnostic tests back in January, or the right to create their own tests. But the Trump administration ignored those requests until late February and that is part of the reason the U.S. is currently behind in testing.  Also, had the CDC's office for pandemic response not been de-funded by Trump in 2018, it is reasonable to believe the U.S. response would have been much prompter.  Are you aware that Trump's fiscal year 2021 budget proposal included a 16% reduction in CDC funding from the 2020 spending levels?  So yes, anyone else would have responded better that Trump did.

Trump of course has abandoned his attempt to call the COVID-19 virus a “hoax” and is now forced to admit that it's a serious threat, but his earlier message has already done its damage, along with his devoted propagandists like Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs who even now continue to downplay the dangers. The NIH's Dr Fauci had to correct Hannity on the air last night when Hannity, determined to downplay the danger in order to buff Trump's image, was spinning that the virus was no more dangerous than the flu. Trump himself can certainly be held responsible for his contradictory and self-congratulatory advice to the public, and for his general inability to consult American and world experts who don't bow and scrape before his "very stable genius."

Is this what you mean when you say that this pandemic “is not being taken seriously by this administration…”?  If so, you and others who agree with your incorrect statements are the blind idiots.  Politics should not be an issue when a health crisis arises that affects all of us, but unfortunately, this president and his administration and his enablers at Fox News have made their choices based on pure self-serving political motivations and not on the general welfare of all Americans.

Because of the current incompetent occupant of the White House, I will focus on reading and listening to others within our government to obtain factual information about the growing COVID-19 pandemic.  So aside from taking care of myself and following all of the now published and promoted safety precautions, the people who I will look to and trust to provide honest, truthful factual information are the educated experts, such as Senior Doctors and Medical Researchers; CDC and NIH spokespersons: State and local public health officials and finally, my Doctor.

AVB-AMG

…… and this douche bag is a gun owner.

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, USRifle30Cal said:

And in other news......

Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is a leading cause ofdeath in the United States, claiming an estimated 325,000 lives each year. SCA kills 1,000 people a day or one person every two minutes. It is estimated that 95 percent of victims of cardiac arrest die before they reach a hospital or other source of emergency help.

oh my..go buy more bread eggs and milk.....

I am quoting myself....lol...

Well sadly, coronavirus didn't get them...

Male 48 massive heart attack while at work...my mechanic, wonderful honest man, a true loss to this planet....

Male 70 recently retired, congregation member, massive heart attack at home...didn't really know him he was at a later service...

Aaaannnndddd  McMaster Carr....huh well that's a hazmat fee..

Merchandise 119.64
Sales Tax 14.20
Shipping 20.70
UPS Hazard Fee 74.00

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

No, I do not think that Trump and his administration took the COVID-19 virus seriously when it was first revealed in China and then in subsequent weeks as it was spreading.

Trump of course has abandoned his attempt to call the COVID-19 virus a “hoax”

POTUS did not call Covid-19 a hoax.  If you can't see that, you really are afflicted with  TDS.

What Trump DID say was, the demoncrat party is politicizing the event and making up shit about how the administration is handling the outbreak. THAT is the hoax.  All the sudden every democrat is an MD and an expert on pandemics and knows better than the actual experts.

The fact is, Trump acted immediately by restricting international travel, and was called a racist for it.  That was very early on.  You can't blast Trump for restricting travel in one breath, and then accuse him of calling the outbreak a hoax in the next.

Just more leftist/liberal/democrat bull shit.

AVB  You are treading on troll territory.  You are (I believe) an intelligent man, and smart enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.  The only logical conclusion is that you are ignoring the facts, and towing the line for the left, in hopes of willfully  perpetuating a false narrative.  Very uncool.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I am quoting myself....lol...

Well sadly, coronavirus didn't get them...

Male 48 massive heart attack while at work...my mechanic, wonderful honest man, a true loss to this planet....

Male 70 recently retired, congregation member, massive heart attack at home...didn't really know him he was at a later service...

Aaaannnndddd  McMaster Carr....huh well that's a hazmat fee..

Merchandise 119.64
Sales Tax 14.20
Shipping 20.70
UPS Hazard Fee 74.00

What did you buy?   I bought 2 quart cans of Iso.  $6 shipping, less than I figured.

mcmaster.jpg

2 minutes ago, Malsua said:

What did you buy?   I bought 2 quart cans of Iso.  $6 shipping, less than I figured.

mcmaster.jpg

2 Gal of 99% Isopropyl - One for me one for a friend - solely to have for creating case lube for the rest of my life - lol - but could do double duty for HS if needed

2 gal of 70% for my wife who uses it around the kitchen to sanitize cutting boards, counter, cleans class etc. and one for a neighbor

I expected a HM fee but not 70 bucks - eh live and learn !  :)

• Crazy 1

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

2 Gal of 99% Isopropyl - One for me one for a friend - solely to have for creating case lube for the rest of my life - lol - but could do double duty for HS if needed

2 gal of 70% for my wife who uses it around the kitchen to sanitize cutting boards, counter, cleans class etc. and one for a neighbor

I bet you tripped some kind of limit.   As far as I know, McMaster only charges what UPS charges.    Half gallon was $6 and change.  Lightning delivery by the way, I got it 4 hours after I ordered it. 

Of course, I bought it for work just because I use it here though.  Not because I need sanitizer.  This conversation reminded me that I needed it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

My bill came in about what I thought it would be.

---------------------------------------------------------

Merchandise (two 1 gallon cans 99% iso) 81.10
Sales Tax 8.42
Shipping 9.04
UPS Hazard Fee 37.00
Total $135.56
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Maybe if the Democrats in the House and Senate weren't so caught up in "impeach 45" there would have been more of a heads up.  

That is an excellent point. And to that point, Ronna McDaniel put together the timeline starting back in January comparing what Trump and his administration were doing and what the Democrats were focused on. You need to read it.

And here's another more detailed summary.

Edited by 45Doll
2nd link added.

10 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

Each Walmart gets a minimum of Three 53’ trailers a day.  Pretty much everything in grocery, paper products and chem and personal care gets dropped every day.  If you have a 24 hr one near you, go before sunrise.  

Oh, I'm well aware of how many trucks they get; they all go right in front of my house! :D

So Cuomo just on is tellin' folks this could last 8 or 9 mos...…..really, I remember 9 days of Sandy we prepped for...supermarkets and gas stations closed, remember hearing on my scanner that "Emergency Services" were suspended in my county….....when does the looting start.....just sayin'.

9 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

So Cuomo just on is tellin' folks this could last 8 or 9 mos...…..really, I remember 9 days of Sandy we prepped for...supermarkets and gas stations closed, remember hearing on my scanner that "Emergency Services" were suspended in my county….....when does the looting start.....just sayin'.

Cuomo?  - Dr. Fauci: "Meanwhile, it can't be known how long it will be before the numbers have peaked and gone back down, Fauci said, but he thinks four or five weeks is "probably a good guess." 

Who do you think is the correct person to listen too?

• Agree 1

Weird coincidence.   8-9 months.  Odd, that'd put us right about the election.

Not going to happen.  This thing will peak inside of the next few months, June at the outside and by August everything should be back to normal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Cuomo?  - Dr. Fauci: "Meanwhile, it can't be known how long it will be before the numbers have peaked and gone back down, Fauci said, but he thinks four or five weeks is "probably a good guess." 

Who do you think is the correct person to listen too?

I was researching that last night, based on how things are going in China, S. Korea, Italy, etc. It seems that a ballpark could be up around 2 months before the virus levels out and starts heading down.

That said, Trump has scheduled a 3PM news conference, it's been reported he's calling for a national emergency and instituting the Stafford Act, what ever that is.

• Informative 1

Just now, Sniper said:

instituting the Stafford Act, what ever that is.

Had this annoying customer at a job I used to work at.  His name was Burle Stafford.  

It got to the point where it'd be "I gotta go take a Stafford".    Or "Clean up all this stafford"

In this case, it just cuts red tape and leads to all sorts of graft by thieves, but it does do some good.

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I was researching that last night, based on how things are going in China, S. Korea, Italy, etc. It seems that a ballpark could be up around 2 months before the virus levels out and starts heading down.

That said, Trump has scheduled a 3PM news conference, it's been reported he's calling for a national emergency and instituting the Stafford Act, what ever that is.

We have a BUMPYish 4-8 weeks......no doubt most likely starting end of next weekish.....  I use 'ish' as this is not an exact science.....

I take my cues from what Fauci says - not so much any others.

The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Stafford Act) is a United States federal law designed to bring an orderly and systemic means of federal natural disaster assistance for state and local governments in carrying out their responsibilities to aid citizens.

I never wanted to be correct about this - but those at work are now kinda up shits creek - millenials - that didnt listen and now are sad they have no 'stock'

My daughter and husband - in PA fully stocked - we at home stocked...  I know others on this forum are as well - 

I wish I could figure out why my MIL is still telling my wife that she and her husband are both still out and about on LI Suffolk County - doing there daily tasks - both 78/79 - Male Afib - Smoker Entire Life and Slight Emphysema - Women - heart conditions -crazy....

Would it be beneficial to have a new thread opened for member check in - status etc.?

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

he's calling for a national emergency and instituting the Stafford Act, what ever that is.

The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act is a United States federal law designed to bring an orderly and systemic means of federal natural disaster assistance for state and local governments in carrying out their responsibilities to aid citizens

34 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act is a United States federal law designed to bring an orderly and systemic means of federal natural disaster assistance for state and local governments in carrying out their responsibilities to aid citizens

Thanks Google....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

Not going to happen.  This thing will peak inside of the next few months, June at the outside and by August everything should be back to normal.

1680 cases in the country and 41 deaths, and the nationwide economy melts down and the country shuts down....

:banghead:

• Agree 1