gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

16 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

<200K cases *known* of a new virus which has ~double the infection rate of "normal" flu, with a ~2 week incubation period during which it is still communicable, which can be asymptomatic for ~50% of the infected, and for which testing procedures are still being developed.

200k known cases.  How many 100s of thousand or millions of "i got better without any help".  So they have absolutely no idea, but are confident enough to predict 500000 deaths in the us when worldwide there are 7k after 5 months?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Wal-mart closing here at 11:00pm...……….

Saw something about WM overnight closings yesterday.  They say they are doing it so they can restock shelves.

I just came back from Neptune WM, and SR in WLB.  Strange thing going on there and other locations.  Parking lots have a lot of activity, lines of cars moving in and out, plenty of parking in spots usually difficult to get.  However, inside the store, not a lot of people in the store, but long lines at registers.  Weird.

17 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

High horse? 

I stated a fact and you came barging in here like a know it all all opinionated...

Give it a rest.

I'm sure it really helps their bottom dollar telling people they are closed for business, what a nice guy you are denying them the little services they can perform... 

Once again try and twist it.  You got a holier than thou attitude with someone that posted what he read. Then you state falsehood, and tried to defend it when your source even disagreed with you.   

See my first post on the subject, see the quote from YOUR source that says they must cease operations?  I guess you should stop posting links that spread "rumors"

And ps Im the guy going out to these restarants and bars supporting my local and not so local businesses so you can take that and shove it up your ass.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Once again try and twist it.  You got a holier than thou attitude with someone that posted what he read. Then you state falsehood, and tried to defend it when your source even disagreed with you.   

See my first post on the subject, see the quote from YOUR source that says they must cease operations?  I guess you should stop posting links that spread "rumors"

And ps Im the guy going out to these restarants and bars supporting my local and not so local businesses so you can take that and shove it up your ass.

lol!! I posted the ordinance, sorry it contradicts you. I really cant help that... 

I dont know what your perspective is here.. 

I simply said restaurants are open for take out... and not closed... as if the discussion really had more to it than that.

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

-----  See this is the thing ------   When you use terms like that, 'YET'.  That is what I cannot get over - there is always the push to incite, and sometimes imo, you are just as guilty of what you are accusing the media of doing, inciting a possible panic.

No, I pay attention what certain people are saying, I'm NOT one with my head in the sand. Here is an example to what I said:

....."San Francisco is ordering residents to stay inside as the city tries to contain a coronavirus outbreak there, Mayor London Breed said Monday.

The city “will require people to stay home except for essential needs,” she said over Twitter, adding that essential stores and necessary government functions will remain open. Breed is expected to announce a “shelter-in-place” order for the next three weeks at a press conference later Monday, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/san-francisco-orders-residents-to-stay-inside-except-for-essential-needs.html

See, their starting with self-quarantine for 3 weeks, mandatory will be next. You can believe it not, that's your choice.

Because I am fairly certain that no one this evening is going to be 'shot on site' and I am also pretty sure it is not going to happen tomorrow or next week either

That part was a joke, lighten up Francis, I know that wasn't going to happen tonight.

The more pressing issue I think - it that you are a believer that this is quite possibly a hoax of some sort.  While I think it has been blown out of proportion, you seem to think that it should be business as usual, and that does not seem to make sense to me.

Once again, I look at the future, there's a risk/benefit to the BIG picture. Which is worse for the overall country, having a group of old people die, or putting 330,000,000 of ALL the population through a major depression. I think long term, I believe you think about today and tomorrow only.

There is surely a public health event taking place, that has been turned into a major shit show, granted, but to ignore that there are more severe ramifications of doing nothing, than taking these extreme measures, cannot be understated. 

Yes, there is a health event taking place, but it's way less minor than the overall seasonal flu. But, the response to the Covid FAR exceeds the logic. You'll see in the future...

So, let's say there is a further 'lockdown' a la Italy, and let's say it is necessary, wouldn't this all be a small price to pay to saves lives and the nation as a whole?  I would submit to you doing nothing has far more dire circumstances in pushing a people to a more dangerous outcome that what is being down now.

So, you're OK with a major depression with millions of people out of work, as a response to 3,400 infections and 68 deaths in the country over the last few months? We lose more people in car wrecks EVERY day!!!

This is NOT the apocalypse, that would be a death rate of SARS/MERS at this level of transmissibility of this contagion - that would be apocalyptic - and stacking of bodies. 

Yet the media and governments are treating it like it's 10X worse.... why is that?

• Like 1

Do I see a day where the NAT GUARD is going to be on the streets in certain areas? Yes, to assist police, and other emergency element to assist the nation in keeping people safe in so much as they can, not to mow them down.

You're going to get that wish really soon too:

...."As coronavirus cases in New Jersey surged to 178, with 80 new cases Monday, Gov. Phil Murphy said he will mobilize the National Guard to slow the spread of the virus.

Murphy said the national guard could assist in "anyway necessary," such as passing out meals after New Jersey schools close, helping with drive-through virus testing, reopening wings of shuttered hospitals, and helping to convert buildings for quarantines if needed."

https://www.app.com/story/news/new-jersey/2020/03/16/nj-coronavirus-cases-surge-176/5060003002/

32 minutes ago, Sniper said:

No, I pay attention what certain people are saying, I'm NOT one with my head in the sand. Here is an example to what I said:

....."San Francisco is ordering residents to stay inside as the city tries to contain a coronavirus outbreak there, Mayor London Breed said Monday.

The city “will require people to stay home except for essential needs,” she said over Twitter, adding that essential stores and necessary government functions will remain open. Breed is expected to announce a “shelter-in-place” order for the next three weeks at a press conference later Monday, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/san-francisco-orders-residents-to-stay-inside-except-for-essential-needs.html

See, their starting with self-quarantine for 3 weeks, mandatory will be next. You can believe it not, that's your choice.

That part was a joke, lighten up Francis, I know that wasn't going to happen tonight.

Once again, I look at the future, there's a risk/benefit to the BIG picture. Which is worse for the overall country, having a group of old people die, or putting 330,000,000 of ALL the population through a major depression. I think long term, I believe you think about today and tomorrow only.

Yes, there is a health event taking place, but it's way less minor than the overall seasonal flu. But, the response to the Covid FAR exceeds the logic. You'll see in the future...

So, you're OK with a major depression with millions of people out of work, as a response to 3,400 infections and 68 deaths in the country over the last few months? We lose more people in car wrecks EVERY day!!!

Yet the media and governments are treating it like it's 10X worse.... why is that?

Don't call me FRANCIS !  :)

I cannot be quarantined unless they take me away - I live in the sticks for a reason and not a friggin city....  ;)  I am free to move about my property and border up to 300 plus acres....I can roam.

Those are all real good questions and someday they will be answered - so it begs the question why do *YOU* think this is - is it all to get Trump?

An no I am not ok with a major depression, I look beyond tomorrow, I see the market - I see that I now have to work probably another bunch of years or so - but I am willing to do that and not have sacrificial lambs for the sake of the almighty dollar - this can and possibly will spin wildly out of control and if a handle is NOT gotten on it soon - you *WILL* have TEOTWAWKI and all your money in the market wont change a thing.

27 minutes ago, Sniper said:

You're going to get that wish really soon too:

...."As coronavirus cases in New Jersey surged to 178, with 80 new cases Monday, Gov. Phil Murphy said he will mobilize the National Guard to slow the spread of the virus.

Murphy said the national guard could assist in "anyway necessary," such as passing out meals after New Jersey schools close, helping with drive-through virus testing, reopening wings of shuttered hospitals, and helping to convert buildings for quarantines if needed."

https://www.app.com/story/news/new-jersey/2020/03/16/nj-coronavirus-cases-surge-176/5060003002/

You just put flipping words in peoples mouths - DID I ever say I wished for the NAT Guard to be deployed...??  - you assume too much - sadly bro you are just another ABV at times.....

*BUT* if they can help and assist in this - why not?  What is so terrible about that - what are you *afraid* of.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You just put flipping words in peoples mouths - DID I ever say I wished for the NAT Guard to be deployed...??  - you assume too much - sadly bro you are just another ABV at times.....

At least @AVB-AMG is nice.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

25 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Those are all real good questions and someday they will be answered - so it begs the question why do *YOU* think this is - is it all to get Trump?

I'm still trying to figure that out. Certainly the media is hyping this up BIG time, and many of them want Trump to fail. They couldn't get him with the Russians or impeachment, so maybe they think this is it, this time. It's not a secret that even the political class gets their talking points from MSM, even Trump.

28 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

this can and possibly will spin wildly out of control and if a handle is NOT gotten on it soon - you *WILL* have TEOTWAWKI and all your money in the market wont change a thing.

Yes, we can play the "possibly" game until the cows come how. I don't deal with hypotheticals, I rather deal with data. As I have posted multiple times, look at the data (infections and deaths from Covid versus seasonal flu), The infections started about a month apart, but the flu numbers are at least 20X worse, yet NO ONE cares about that.

I also posted the data from the Diamond Princess, which is very telling. Everyone, including the media, is ignoring that data.... Why??? Because is doesn't paint the Doom and Gloom picture the media is hoping for.

28 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Seriously... cut back on the caffeine or Red Bull... you take singular words too literally...  :pardon:Get a bucket of water and out your hair on fire out... :victory: You're not going to die from Covid...  :good:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

lol!! I posted the ordinance, sorry it contradicts you. I really cant help that... 

I dont know what your perspective is here.. 

I simply said restaurants are open for take out... and not closed... as if the discussion really had more to it than that.

Lol.  You posted a link that first line says restaurants must close at 8 tonight, as proof that restaurants dont have to close.

Yeah rocket scientist there.  You obviously have no idea how a restaurant or bar make money.  Hint it aint takeout.

You think takeout is enough to keep the lights on?  Maybe in a McDonalds.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 10X said:

It would eliminate the attendant breathing in my window at the beginning and end of every transaction.  Also, I can easily sanitize my hands after touching the pump.  The attendant isn't doing the same after dealing with each of the 1000 snot covered, ass picked hands he comes in contact with.

Plus, I'm sick of NJ refusing to allow me to have access to cheaper self-serve gas.

Lol they are always arms length away and don’t make any small talk at Costco because they are so busy all the time. I agree with you on the cheaper gas though!

45 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Lol.  You posted a link that first line says restaurants must close at 8 tonight, as proof that restaurants dont have to close.

Yeah rocket scientist there.  You obviously have no idea how a restaurant or bar make money.  Hint it aint takeout.

The declaration, attributed to Emergency Management Coordinator Tommy Welsh, orders the closing to the public of all bars, restaurants, theaters, gyms and “non-essential places of business with occupancy greater than 25 persons,” effective 11:59 p.m. Monday.

After that, bars and restaurants may not serve patrons on-premise, with food delivery and takeout only permitted. Alcoholic beverage sales by all license holders – including packaged goods liquor stores – must cease at that hour, the order states. [Clarification: Police Chief Darren McConnell says liquor stores will be permitted to sell alcohol, but will be limited to the 25-person occupancy that applies to retail stores.]

From the link that your arguing about........... The restaurants are in fact open but just for takeout. That means they are open for business. Theres really no other way of looking at it. Are the owners going to lose money during this? Absolutely but they are open to serve takeout food. 

6 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Are the owners going to lose money during this? Absolutely but they are open to serve takeout food. 

And, how long do you think they can continue to lose money? Using the term "open for business" is a questionable statement, when they're losing the majority of their regular business.

Here's an article where many local places were asked about their plans. Many are closing. The ones that try to do take out and delivery will probably be short lived.

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/dining/2020/03/16/coronavirus-nj-restaurants-offering-takeout/5049614002/

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

From Murphy’s order today. Section 14 essentially states that failure to cooperate with these rules may be considered a disorderly persons offense.  So get caught out after 8 and lose your gun rights. 

I'm going out tonight @ 10pm in my 911 Turbo S. The roads should be empty. Let's see if they can catch me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

From Murphy’s order today. Section 14 essentially states that failure to cooperate with these rules may be considered a disorderly persons offense.  So get caught out after 8 and lose your gun rights. 

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/gov-murphy-asks-for-statewide-curfew-in-new-jersey-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html

1 hour ago, PeteF said:

No matter how much you argue, and why you want to argue about this makes no sense to me... it wont change the fact that the restuarants are open to cook food for people who want it.. 

I posted a link that should have been read past the first line... are we limited to reading just one line of an article?

I get take out all the time from Diners, Chinese, Italian/pizza... so yeah I would expect them to cut wait staff and focus on making money doing take out.... 

It's highly irresponsible to say these places are closed if local people are looking to do business with them.. 

A restaurant will have to modify their business model if they want to keep making money right now... doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.. run a skeleton crew, do take out, reduce costs stay open...

Closing I would think is a last resort if you have Bills to pay

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Hold on, did I miss something?  I thought that "curfew" (not traveling between 8pm and 5 am) was a "strong recommendation", but not outlawed and not subject to any enforcement.

• Agree 1

So I to the target on the Rockaway mall. Man, that was a flash back to the future during an AOC presidency. Dairy case was cleaned out, so was the frozen section and the cold medicine and a bunch of other odds and ends.  

7 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Hold on, did I miss something?  I thought that "curfew" (not traveling between 8pm and 5 am) was a "strong recommendation", but not outlawed and not subject to any enforcement.

It's only recommended for now but give the gopher a couple days to make it punishable by firing squad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

The declaration, attributed to Emergency Management Coordinator Tommy Welsh, orders the closing to the public of all bars, restaurants, theaters, gyms and “non-essential places of business with occupancy greater than 25 persons,” effective 11:59 p.m. Monday.

After that, bars and restaurants may not serve patrons on-premise, with food delivery and takeout only permitted. Alcoholic beverage sales by all license holders – including packaged goods liquor stores – must cease at that hour, the order states. [Clarification: Police Chief Darren McConnell says liquor stores will be permitted to sell alcohol, but will be limited to the 25-person occupancy that applies to retail stores.]

From the link that your arguing about........... The restaurants are in fact open but just for takeout. That means they are open for business. Theres really no other way of looking at it. Are the owners going to lose money during this? Absolutely but they are open to serve takeout food. 

Which is the same as closing them.  The owners can not pay to keep a staff on for the few numbers of call in orders. Additionally how many people are eating as there primary purpose at 8 pm.  Almost none people are out to eat and drink which is where the money is.  So tell me all about the legality of takeout bar service.

The fact is the ordinance shuts them down.  Thinking anything else is the same as thinking NJ is a may issue carry state,  It is legally but in actuality it isn't.

10 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Which is the same as closing them.  The owners can not pay to keep a staff on for the few numbers of call in orders. Additionally how many people are eating as there primary purpose at 8 pm.  Almost none people are out to eat and drink which is where the money is.  So tell me all about the legality of takeout bar service.

The fact is the ordinance shuts them down.  Thinking anything else is the same as thinking NJ is a may issue carry state,  It is legally but in actuality it isn't.

I bet dominos makes a killing.