gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

when things get bad, the cops are gonna worry about themselves first....

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I think you need to separate a localized short term event from a national emergency where civilization is on the brink of collapsing..

You only said when things get bad.  Nothing about the duration or acuteness of the event.

I'm pretty sure that every minute in the cruiser felt like an hour to them, when at any moment, a tree, a power line or flying debris could have killed any one of our cops at any time.

If society broke down to an every-man-for-themselves scenario, well, that's a different story.  I don't see that happening here anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

You only said when things get bad.  Nothing about the duration or acuteness of the event.

I'm pretty sure that every minute in the cruiser felt like an hour to them, when at any moment, a tree, a power line or flying debris could have killed any one of our cops at any time.

If society broke down to an every-man-for-themselves scenario, well, that's a different story.  I don't see that happening here anytime soon.

"when things get bad" sorry that was very subjective..

To me.. I believe it's more about family than personal safety.  If cops know their families are safe i would guess a majority would be out there in harms way.  

I would guess many are scared to bring this illness home with them, too. 

All responses I can fully understand.. If im at home worrying and protecting mine, i expect no different form someone else. 

Im not so sure how quickly things can turn for the worst. I have family in cities and they are VERY worried about whats going to happen over the next few days.. My brother wants me to mail him TP, TP!!!!

If people dont get what they need in the next few days, things will quickly dissolve. When there is nothing of value to loot from in stores, it will be homes. 

1 hour ago, WP22 said:

Put some pedals on it for hands free operation.

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

Problem Solver!

image.png.d2b37d5e4cd475eeccdb8cd9bcf48628.png

Ever see someone who rode a bicycle through a mud puddle?

I can imagine this result will be similar.

mud.jpg

• Informative 1

NYC likely to issue a "Shelter in Place" order.

" New Yorkers should prepare for a “shelter-in-place” order in the coming days as local officials try to contain the fast-moving coronavirus that’s spreading throughout the U.S., New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday, adding that a decision will be made in the next 48 hours. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/new-yorkers-should-be-prepared-for-a-shelter-in-place-order-mayor-bill-de-blasio-says.html

As of this post, 267 covid-19 positive in NJ. 

84 in North Bergen,

32 in Essex,

24 Hudson,

22 Monmouth,

10 Passaic,

15 Union,

17 Middlesex,

5 Burlington,

3 Camden,

2 Gloucester,

4 Hunterdon,

9 Mercer,

4 Ocean,

7 Sommerset. 

7 Morris.

5 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

As of this post, 267 covid-19 positive in NJ. 

84 in North Bergen,

32 in Essex,

24 Hudson,

22 Monmouth,

10 Passaic,

15 Union,

17 Middlesex,

5 Burlington,

3 Camden,

2 Gloucester,

4 Hunterdon,

9 Mercer,

4 Ocean,

7 Sommerset. 

7 Morris.

I'm going to my house in Cape May until this is over.

What were the Flu stats?

What were they during Swine flu epidemic?

What were they during Sars flu epidemic?

How many of these cases will experience nothing more than Cold or flu symptoms?

I am telling you we are being Bullshitted .

I worked in Healthcare during those and they were a lot worse, deadly and contagious.

Stop feeding the lie. Follow the money.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 3

26 minutes ago, kc17 said:

NYC likely to issue a "Shelter in Place" order.

" New Yorkers should prepare for a “shelter-in-place” order in the coming days as local officials try to contain the fast-moving coronavirus that’s spreading throughout the U.S., New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday, adding that a decision will be made in the next 48 hours. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/new-yorkers-should-be-prepared-for-a-shelter-in-place-order-mayor-bill-de-blasio-says.html

I was waiting for this one, next stop MARSHAL LAW. Remember the Boston Marathon Bombers? The Government wante d to test how quick they can secure an entire city.

I worked in Healthcare during those and they were a lot worse, deadly and contagious.

SARS was much deadlier, and it was equally deadly across age groups, but not nearly as contagious.

2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

SARS was much deadlier, and it was equally deadly across age groups, but not nearly as contagious.

We are lucky that the SARScov2 is not as deadly as SARScov1 or MERS - that is a TEOTWAWKI

At least in my area Emergency Services, Police, Fire, EMS and Central Dispatch have all updated procedures due to this. At the moment it’s for Dispatch to determine if the caller has symptoms or under doctor/self isolation (not quarantine) or for first in unit to do so over the phone. Once on location contact is limited based on situation and everyone has appropriate PPE for responders and caller.   I don’t believe call volume has increased dramatically due to this but I haven’t been listening to the scanner much. 

7 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

At least in my area Emergency Services, Police, Fire, EMS and Central Dispatch have all updated procedures due to this. At the moment it’s for Dispatch to determine if the caller has symptoms or under doctor/self isolation (not quarantine) or for first in unit to do so over the phone. Once on location contact is limited based on situation and everyone has appropriate PPE for responders and caller.   I don’t believe call volume has increased dramatically due to this but I haven’t been listening to the scanner much. 

I'm struggling with why someone would call 911 if they are sick.. like call the doctor? Go to a hospital? 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I'm struggling with why someone would call 911 if they are sick.. like call the doctor? Go to a hospital? 

The only possible legitimate reason I could imagine someone dialing 911 for this is if they are experiencing severe shortness of breath. In that case, they might want an ambulance. But, honestly, I would THINK a more extreme symptom like that would develop over quite a period of time... but then again, I don't really know the timeline either..? I think most people are just being unduly panicky, quite frankly.

47 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Remember the Boston Marathon Bombers? The Government wante d to test how quick they can secure an entire city.

The government wanted to catch the bombers, and any associates they might have had.  

That wasn't some nefarious 'test', just to see if they could do it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, 10X said:

The government wanted to catch the bombers, and any associates they might have had.  

4 minutes ago, 10X said:

Un huh....tell that to people that had no knock home invasions, illegal searches  of their homes while they were held at gun point....

47 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

What were the Flu stats?

What were they during Swine flu epidemic?

I am very much inclined to agree with you.  OTOH, we were scheduled to leave for Florida tomorrow, and we cancelled our trip, so while it all seems like BS to me, I'm reluctant to disregard it completely. 

5 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Un huh....tell that to people that had no knock home invasions, illegal searches  of their homes while they were held at gun point....

Heavy handed response, yes.  Proof it was a government test?  I'm not seeing it.

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, Handyman said:

Here's a fun thing to think about. Every time an ambulance crew picks up someone who is found to be positive, they are pulled out of service to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. I wonder how long it will take to run out of ambulance crews? It's not like EMTs are in an infinite supply.

Can’t see how this is possible in some smaller municipalities.

On 3/16/2020 at 12:33 PM, Displaced Texan said:

AAR for grocery shopping in my local area. 

Our local ACME market was...weird. 
I expected there to be no TP or PT and I was right. 
Bleach and disinfectant surface cleaners were gone. Lots of laundry detergent and fabric softener available. Funny. 

There was a decent supply of beef in the meat case. Steaks, and roasts were in decent supply. 
Other than frozen chicken wings and turkey breasts, no poultry was available. 
Pork was also well picked over. A few racks of fresh ribs and dozens of frozen. 

Fresh produce was pretty available. I took a quick glance at the frozen section, and they appear to be fairly well stocked too. 

Milk was pretty bleak, but cheese, eggs, yogurt, and sour cream were plentiful. 

Canned goods, pasta and jarred pasta sauce was in good supply. 

Junk food was bountiful, as was soda. I don’t think there was any bottled water. 

The store was crowded, and this particular store rarely is. Although we were very aware of our surroundings and vigilant, we were more in observational mode while we picked up a few things. 
People had a strange look overall...not panicked, but worried....

Interesting.   My ACME's stockage was almost identical to yours......with some exceptions.  No poultry (frozen or fresh) was available.  Canned tuna and chicken were down to just a few cans.  No dairy products at all unless you are counting almond milk as a dairy product(?).   I don't normally shop in the area but I figured the ACME would be less crowded than Shop Rite.

2 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Exactly...

Here it gets even better, the majority who test positive, 86%, don't even know they have it:

“Stealth” coronavirus cases are fueling the pandemic, with a staggering 86% of people infected walking around undetected, a new study says.

The findings indicated that these undocumented infections with no or mild symptoms — known as “stealth” cases — were behind two-thirds of the reported patients.

“The majority of these infections are mild, with few symptoms at all,” Shaman said, Mercury News reported. “People may not recognize it. Or they think they have a cold.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/86-of-people-with-coronavirus-are-walking-around-undetected-study-says/

• Agree 1

Incrementalism.... what's next tomorrow?

NEW JERSEY – Gov. Phil Murphy on Tuesday ordered closing all indoor malls and amusement parks and centers in New Jersey as 89 new cases were reported .

Murphy said he's closing all the indoor malls and amusement parks and centers at 8 p.m. on Tuesday and for the duration of the crisis.

"This is how we will be able to stay strong," Murphy said.

4 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Problem Solver!

image.png.d2b37d5e4cd475eeccdb8cd9bcf48628.png

Looks like it could also be used for cleaning crock pots.  It would scrub that boiled-on rib residue off so fast, you could have it re-installed on the toilet before anyone noticed it was missing.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1