gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

17 minutes ago, 10X said:

Looks like it could also be used for cleaning crock pots.  It would scrub that boiled-on rib residue off so fast, you could have it re-installed on the toilet before anyone noticed it was missing.

Embrace wet broiling.. also they invented this thing called crockpot liners. Easy breezy peezy no cleany 

25 minutes ago, 10X said:

Looks like it could also be used for cleaning crock pots.  It would scrub that boiled-on rib residue off so fast, you could have it re-installed on the toilet before anyone noticed it was missing.

So that's why crockpot ribs taste like shit....

• Haha 4
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

So that's why crockpot ribs taste like shit....

Y'all need to wise up to Zeke.  When he says he will make food, it's not an offer, it's a threat.  A tactic to manipulate others into making "it" (whatever it is) so he doesn't have to.  When Zeke cooks, it's your punishment for not cooking in his stead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

During super storm Sandy, as it was happening, I was listening to my scanner.  All the cops in my town were out there, in the thick of it.  They were driving around doing damage/flood assessments, doing rescues and well checks all night long, dodging downed power lines and trees and flying debris.  Not worrying about themselves first.

Well in my town here in North Central Jersey, I heard over my scanner that "All Emergency Services Were Suspended".....we were on our own...was time to arm up as most of my neighbors had fled.

29 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Y'all need to wise up to Zeke.  When he says he will make food, it's not an offer, it's a threat.  A tactic to manipulate others into making "it" (whatever it is) so he doesn't have to.  When Zeke cooks, it's your punishment for not cooking in his stead.

I call bullshit on your assumption and you obviously suffer from reading comprehension and are a liberal statis and like other stuff 

49 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

So you saying hes kind of an culinary evil genius?

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Exactly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malsua said:

Ever see someone who rode a bicycle through a mud puddle?

I can imagine this result will be similar.

mud.jpg

That wouldn't happen. The brush would fit nicely in the grove; it's like a built in mud flap.

7 hours ago, Downtownv said:

What were the Flu stats?

What were they during Swine flu epidemic?

What were they during Sars flu epidemic?

How many of these cases will experience nothing more than Cold or flu symptoms?

I am telling you we are being Bullshitted .

I worked in Healthcare during those and they were a lot worse, deadly and contagious.

Stop feeding the lie. Follow the money.

The response is worse...far worse...than the disease.

Maybe “the reaction” is a better way to phrase it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

"Regular" Flu R0 factor: 1.3

H1N1 R0 factor: 1.4-1.6.

Coronavirus R0 factor: 2.0 - 2.5

That doesn't mean much, it depends on the effects of the infections. Right now, the majority who test positive don't even know they have it, which means, a very mild infection, if at all, yet they'll get some future immunity:

...." “Stealth” coronavirus cases are fueling the pandemic, with a staggering 86% of people infected walking around undetected, a new study says.

The findings indicated that these undocumented infections with no or mild symptoms — known as “stealth” cases — were behind two-thirds of the reported patients.

“The majority of these infections are mild, with few symptoms at all,” Shaman said, Mercury News reported. “People may not recognize it. Or they think they have a cold.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/86-of-people-with-coronavirus-are-walking-around-undetected-study-says/

• Informative 1

So I have been informed of friend of friends family members have COVID-19 - listening to them talk about it you think the persons having it, have been given a death sentence.

So far both of them have been tested - confirmed and sent home to recover.  One 35ish with a sever cough and chest pain (asthmatic and smoker) - the other runny nose and sore through in the 40's

My friend Anthony swears he has it - low grade fever - aches pains - headache and lethargy - no cough - however he is 6 days in and status quo.

Still a very surreal time and so glad I have prepped to some degree over the years - 

UPDATED:  The 35yr old was told if his condition worsens to come back - so I have just been told after inquiring more - 

My prayer list is getting quite long, all your sorry asses and now these two.  :)

Time to take a break from work and go for a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood......

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

My wife had a pedicure today somewhere in Sussex County. There were several customers and a number of stories about the police stopping vehicles after 8 PM, inquiring about why the drivers were out, and sending them home if they didn't like the answer.

10 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

My wife had a pedicure today somewhere in Sussex County. There were several customers and a number of stories about the police stopping vehicles after 8 PM, inquiring about why the drivers were out, and sending them home if they didn't like the answer.

i think those stories are fake news. at least i would hope it's fake news

17 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

At best they can "strongly encourage" you to go home...

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

i think those stories are fake news. at least i would hope it's fake news

Some stories may be. These were two first person accounts. The two different women were stopped.