gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I've heard from two more reliable sources, it's coming, probably by Sunday. Essential services will be open (grocery stores and medical related businesses). Any non-essential businesses will be told to close. Essential personnel (utility workers, LEO, certain .gov workers, etc. ) will still be working.

Just watch the run on grocery stores and liquor stores this weekend... :swoon:

I went this morning, and the place was getting busy.. certain foods are non existent.. the produce was plentiful tho.. good time to be a vegetarian I guess.. 

Limits on milk purchase..

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Murphy said they're still working on the list of what's 'non-essential'. TBD. 

I just bought two cases of beer. I have my priorities straight.

2 you need to step up your game.

• Haha 2

Goodness! I was busy with other things today (no, not digging a bunker...) and I come back to this train wreck of a thread. Folks, please... the sky is not falling. I know some of you probably have bored kids underfoot that are making you bonkers, as you anxiously audit your food supplies and rounds... (and, on a serious note, a few of you even have legitimate exposure concerns)… but for goodness sakes, a few of you just need to calm the heck down! Knock it off with the insults and personal attacks. It'd be a shame to push this over to the 1A Lounge, but I may have to do that. Last warning

I mean, sheesh... as Mom used to say: can't we all take a nice ride in the car without you kids acting up and ruining things for everyone?!  :facepalm:

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Murphy said they're still working on the list of what's 'non-essential'. TBD. 

I just bought two cases of beer. I have my priorities straight.

I’m sure FFLs will be shut down :(

Fyi....just heard NOT verified...PA going lockdown..monday.

We are prepared....as you ALL are...take solace in that..

In the other side of this we will not be the 'prepped paraiahs' 

I see a HUGE increase of 2a supporters !!!!

On 3/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, Malsua said:

Don't be surprised if there's a run on that stuff.   You'd need to drink A LOT of it to get the same dose.  Gallons.

Sniper and Malsua called it correctly.  I just came from Kings(not a fan, but their high prices are keeping things in stock that I can’t find elsewhere).

I checked out behind a guy with maybe 60 bottles of tonic water-everything they had in the store.   He saw me looking and said “I got a lotta gin”.  Maybe wisecracking, maybe thinking he was protecting his secret cure.  I said “I hope that works for you, but quinine is a completely different molecule from chloroquine.”  He only looked a little deflated. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 10X said:

Sniper and Malsua called it correctly.  I just came from Kings(not a fan, but their high prices are keeping things in stock that I can’t find elsewhere).

I checked out behind a guy with maybe 60 bottles of tonic water-everything they had in the store.   He saw me looking and said “I got a lotta gin”.  Maybe wisecracking, maybe thinking he was protecting his secret cure.  I said “I hope that works for you, but quinine is a completely different molecule from chloroquine.”  He only looked a little deflated. 

Cinchona Bark pills and extracts and all that is next.  That's going to end up killing people as they make their own quinine extract and poison themselves.  Ah well, the gene pool can benefit from some cleansing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, matty said:

All is proceeding as I have foreseen. The pandemic in the US will peak in about 7-10 days, then quickly subside. Everything set to go back to normal by April 15th.

Who do you think you are, Nostravirus?

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, matty said:

All is proceeding as I have foreseen. The pandemic in the US will peak in about 7-10 days, then quickly subside. Everything set to go back to normal by April 15th.

i've been figuring an exponential increase in cases(mostly due to increased testing) with a slight(relatively speaking) increase in deaths into the beginning of april. mid april possibly into may timeframe they should start to go down.

i'm basing that on the apparent timeline from china

I think basing our models on China is flawed. They are a totalitarian regime that was able to lock away residents thru threats. We are a free society that refuses to do as we are told. Seeing all those idiots on the beach yesterday was proof.... AND I am sure China told lies about the numbers of infections to save face. We should be basing our models on Italy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, dajonga said:

We should be basing our models on Italy.

We can also base them on the data from the quarantined Diamond Princess in Japan, and from the data out of So. Korea. Italy might not be a great basis, as their population is quite a but older than here, and the vast majority that died, over 50% of them, had at least 3 pre-existing medical conditions.

Diamond Princess data:

DP age.jpg

• Informative 1

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/murphy-orders-nj-residents-to-stay-home-closes-non-essential-businesses-in-state-lockdown-to-fight-coronavirus.html

"On those who may violate his orders, Murphy said: “If folks are monkeying around, we will take action.”

amazing!

"When asked how long he expected his orders to remain in place Murphy said: “It’s somewhere measured in weeks to months. This is not next week. I wish it were.”

4 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/murphy-orders-nj-residents-to-stay-home-closes-non-essential-businesses-in-state-lockdown-to-fight-coronavirus.html

"On those who may violate his orders, Murphy said: “If folks are monkeying around, we will take action.”

amazing!

There's a crystal-clear legal interpretation for you.   His AG must have helped with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Italy might not be a great basis, as their population is quite a but older than here, and the vast majority that died, over 50% of them, had at least 3 pre-existing medical conditions.

Can you share a source for the above.  Having a conversation on FB with an anti-Trump friend of mine and would like to share it.