gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

16 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Not everyone who has a cough and fever should be tested. 

This is it. The only decision to make is whether someone is sick enough that they need to be in a hospital or if they can ride out an illness at home. It does not matter if it is corona, the flu, pneumonia or hemorrhoids. Right now people are supposed to stay away from each other, even if they feel healthy. 

The only advantage to testing would be we could probably identifiy a shit ton of people that had corona and didn't even know they had it. This would help to push the apparent mortality rate down to the real mortality rate and get rid of some of the panic. Added benefit, we could also get these people back to work asap to stop cratering the economy further. Only problem is I don't think you could test recovered people quickly - would probably need to be immunologic blood testing. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Handyman said:

This would help to push the apparent mortality rate down to the real mortality rate and get rid of some of the panic. Added benefit, we could also get these people back to work asap to stop cratering the economy further. Only problem is I don't think you could test recovered people quickly - would probably need to be immunologic blood testing. 

What would be beneficial is a antibody test, to see who already had it and has a possible immunity to it.

15 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Living in prison can be a real inconvenience for some people. 

Harvey Weinstein was confirmed as having COVID-19 yesterday.   And by the looks of him, he's got all the risk factors.

He must be thinking about now that if only he hadn't been such a felonious sleezbag, his money could have bought him the best medical care on earth.  Instead, he'll probably now be sharing the prison's one 1940's-era ventilator with the rest of the general population.

5 minutes ago, 10X said:

Harvey Weinstein was confirmed as having COVID-19 yesterday.   And by the looks of him, he's got all the risk factors.

He must be thinking about now that if only he hadn't been such a felonious sleezbag, his money could have bought him the best medical care on earth.  Instead, he'll probably now be sharing the prison's one 1940's-era ventilator with the rest of the general population.

I hope he dies long and painful death.

9 hours ago, Handyman said:

the only advantage to testing would be we could probably identifiy a shit ton of people that had corona and didn't even know they had it.

The risk of doing this is that at the first cough, they all will flock to the emergency room. And once the images of nurses preforming triage in the parking lot hits CNN it will send the population into a chaos never seen before. 

We are way past the containment phase where widespread testing would be beneficial. Test the suspected cases to target treatment and move on.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, 10X said:

Just another sham, like that walker he showed-up in court with.

He's hoping his leftist buddies will feel sorry for him.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, WP22 said:

The risk of doing this is that at the first cough, they all will flock to the emergency room. And once the images of nurses preforming triage in the parking lot hits CNN it will send the population into a chaos never seen before. 

We are way past the containment phase where widespread testing would be beneficial. Test the suspected cases to target treatment and move on.

In retrospect, these pop up testing centers should have been created over a month ago...  as cases started to be confirmed In these now hot spots..I dont think we ever had a chance to contain this with how long it spread before anyone knew... and I'm surprised this wasn't realized by our highest officials.

Bergen community college, PNC... they haven't even been running a few days and shut down after 2 hours of opening.. the bergen testing center shut down before it even opened today.

It's  pointless now with everyone quarantined anyway... it is of little use to the general public..

It's amazing to me, to read stories of many people across the country looking to get tested early on, and being walked in circles by the professionals who have no idea what to do... when developing countries have already figured that part out.. I'm left with a few questions... Did the current admin actually think they were going to contain this? and how did they think that was going to happen by doing little to nothing domestically?

If people didn't think covid19 was around them or had no way to find out if they have it if their own symptoms are mild, they would go to work sick because they need money.. everyone here has probably gone to work sick at one point in their life. Sick parents send their kids too schools...etc..

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 10X said:

weinstein didn't virus himself

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

IMO......most folks want to know exactly what it came from..... a Lab or a Bat.

Wuhan BSL-4 lab. I'd like to know if it escaped or was released. 

Edit: I would assume that everyone that had firsthand knowledge of the situation has already been disappeared...I mean contracted WuFlu and died(sarcasm). 

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

What would be beneficial is a antibody test, to see who already had it and has a possible immunity to it.

And to get some actual numbers so the "Sky is falling crowd"  would get over the "death rate".

More and more its looking like this thing has been around since November.  People got sick Doc:" No its not the flu, drink lots of fluid and rest".  And got better.  And some how the world went on without "social distancing" and quarantines.  Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, PeteF said:

And to get some actual numbers so the "Sky is falling crowd"  would get over the "death rate".

More and more its looking like this thing has been around since November.  People got sick Doc:" No its not the flu, drink lots of fluid and rest".  And got better.  And some how the world went on without "social distancing" and quarantines.  Go figure.

I had the "Flu" over Christmas this year. I wonder if I had it?

3 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Did you have difficulty breathing?  One of the common symptoms of this is lung pain and gasping for breath with a dry cough.

Wet cough?  Not CV.

6 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

I know a bunch of people (and even some members here) who had a "strange" flu in that Dec/Jan period. I know I did. They didn't think it was the normal flu, just treated it with mild symptoms, and went on with their day. I believe it has been here a lot longer than they think.

2 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Did you have difficulty breathing?  One of the common symptoms of this is lung pain and gasping for breath with a dry cough.

Wet cough?  Not CV.

Interestingly my doctor kept mentioning coughing. I didn't cough even once. But no, no difficulty breathing.

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

I know a bunch of people (and even some members here) who had a "strange" flu in that Dec/Jan period. I know I did. They didn't think it was the normal flu, just treated it with mild symptoms, and went on with their day. I believe it has been here a lot longer than they think.

My flu would come and go. I would think I was over it, then the next day it was back. Then I would feel great, then back again. Went on for about 2 weeks before I finally shook it 

16 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

My flu would come and go. I would think I was over it, then the next day it was back. Then I would feel great, then back again. Went on for about 2 weeks before I finally shook it 

Could have been bacterial... especially a sinus infection.. that's a more common experience with on/off symptoms...

Hard to say but its difficult for doctors to determine and often goes overlooked if you dont describe the right symptoms. I know a few people that had to beg for antibiotics after weeks of not getting better.

32 minutes ago, Sniper said:

My uncle came down with type a flu this year and it did a number on him, I believe type B had a bad impact this year as well after spiking in frequency last year... 

All around it's not a good year for the flu either.

It would be interesting to see how many people with bad symptoms treated negative for either back in December and January... 

2 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Yup.....just heard the AG say NJ is the 1st state to release prisoners out of county jails......Nutz…..omo.

I expected no less. This state has been trying to get the illegals out of detention centers since Trump took office..