gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

There's going to be a LOT of pissed off business people and others who got fired, that realize they got shut down because of the flu..

I doubt there will be any MORE pissed off people.  The rest will be "What if we didn't shut down,  see it worked".

Good thing I just installed Neon Red Elephant repellent at my house imagine how bad it would be if I didn't.

Interesting, everyone stopped talking about supply line disruptions from China, instead they're counting new Covid cases and shutdowns.

Guess what, those ship loads of containers are still NOT coming from China, and big parts of China are still shut down. You know all that stuff that was hoarded and cleaned out of the stores? There's no raw materials or finished products to restock them with.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Interesting, everyone stopped talking about supply line disruptions from China, instead they're counting new Covid cases and shutdowns.

Guess what, those ship loads of containers are still NOT coming from China, and big parts of China are still shut down. You know all that stuff that was hoarded and cleaned out of the stores? There's no raw materials or finished products to restock them with.

Maybe companies here will wake up.

Frankly, I hope the commercial flight ban to and from China is NEVER lifted.  Pipe dream?   ......sure.   But no one in America ever needs to be in China.  Ever.

Breaking our dependency on China...is like America Prepping.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Kevin.   25 likes.  Soooo correct.  It might hurt initially.  But thats what we need. Self dependency!!!! !   We need to rebuild our infrastructure agian. Screw china and all their cheap crap we buy from them.  Id rather have 5 quality items than 10 pieces of crap for the same price. 

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, Sniper said:

I can't speak to other companies, but we have containers inbound.    The ship our containers are on was 95% full.    While slow, products are moving.  Our factories are producing.

Of course, my company just laid off a lot of folks since sales fell off a cliff.   We're down to skeleton crew.

6 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Just heard a discussion o News Max where they were discussing a possible shortage of Meat and other food products as out of state truckers do not now want to enter NYC...…..

Here's the thing.

It doesn't matter if this is true or not.

What matters is if people think it's true.  One report on NBC and you won't be able to find a piece of beef jerky  in the stores.

I bought a bunch of meat some weeks back, but I will re-fill the larder with some extra when I shop tomorrow morning.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Had a young neighbor pass away and his wife and young children are in the hospital....now a deli worker at the Supermarket down the road apiece passed away also...Community Spread......this is only gettin' worse here in Somerset County, NJ...… I dunno.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Had a young neighbor pass away and his wife and young children are in the hospital....now a deli worker at the Supermarket down the road apiece passed away also...Community Spread......this is only gettin' worse here in Somerset County, NJ...… I dunno.

You cut and pasted that

• FacePalm 1

17 minutes ago, Zeke said:

You cut and pasted that

Zeke, stop it! I realize the text looks different... but did you consider he could well have cut the text from an email he himself sent to someone... or from a post he made online elsewhere?

Geez, Louise...  what's going on around here? Is it Feisty Friday and I didn't get the memo? :facepalm:

• Agree 4

BRIDGEWATER, NJ — The new coronavirus has wrecked havoc onto the lives of a Bridgewater family, killing the father and hospitalizing the wife and children. A fundraiser has been started to help out the family.

Tony Whalen died on Wednesday from the COVID-19 virus. His wife and two children are also hospitalized with the same virus, said Andrew Wong, a close friend of the family.

Wong started the GoFundMe page to help cover medical expenses and now funeral expenses.

"He is the first person to reach out his hand to lift you up when things go wrong. He is the guy cheering you on in your endeavors, rallying the group to help those in need and giving brotherly love at the most needed times. Well, now Tony and his family are in need. It is time for us to give back some of the love and support we have all received over the years," Wong wrote on the GoFundMe page.

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

BRIDGEWATER, NJ — The new coronavirus has wrecked havoc onto the lives of a Bridgewater family, killing the father and hospitalizing the wife and children. A fundraiser has been started to help out the family....

Putting aside charts, statistics, transmission rates, etc. for a moment... this is a stark and sobering reminder of the lives being impacted, including those lives being taken. Even if the wife and kids recover (and hopefully they'll pull through this), they've lost a husband and father... and that is indeed a terrible loss. Thanks for posting.

16 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

This one hits close to home too. I’ve known this guy off and on for 20 years. A good dude. 

I hope they can save him. 50 years old, no medical conditions and in great shape? Yeah, that's concerning.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

This one hits close to home too. I’ve known this guy off and on for 20 years. A good dude. 

Anyway of knowing if they gave him the hydroxychloroquine and Zithromax drugs?  It would be a disgrace if not!

Either way, I will pray for his recovery!

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

Don't waste your money on that low end scope, it's resolution is about that of a 1950's TV set.   those low res scopes are just expensive gadgets.  I would rather do without while saving, than throw over a grand at something that I won't be happy with and very limited in usefulness.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019886946?pid=252780

8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Zeke, stop it! I realize the text looks different... but did you consider he could well have cut the text from an email he himself sent to someone... or from a post he made online elsewhere?

Geez, Louise...  what's going on around here? Is it Feisty Friday and I didn't get the memo? :facepalm:

It must be the day drinking, that's my theory.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Emma discussing Zeke

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, Kevin125 said:

Maybe companies here will wake up.

Frankly, I hope the commercial flight ban to and from China is NEVER lifted.  Pipe dream?   ......sure.   But no one in America ever needs to be in China.  Ever.

Breaking our dependency on China...is like America Prepping.

Just spoke with someone who's wife works in IT / Tech sector.  He said his wife has heard HP is looking at pulling out of China and relocating to Mexico.  

While not the U.S. it would still hurt China.  So not a win for us it would be a loss for China.  Hopefully more companies consider the same and follow through with it.

• Like 3