gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

:unsure:

I bet it was NOT funny at the time!

I was having a very raspy voice at one time and at times it is - my aunts reminded me that one of my uncles had throat cancer after polyps were discovered on his vocal cords.  He was a recovered alcoholic and smoker.....  I was neither but I could not dismiss genetics - so I went.  Got the all clear thankfully - but it was kinda odd looking at the length of that device... !

For me the worst was not feeling anything once the numbing spray stayed for a while after etc. trying to swallow was the weirdest thing !

...to be brief..... my son is on day 14 home quarantine and has been taking Doxicyclne and "Z" Pak....last day of "Z" is tomorrow...Doxy twice a day for 10 days....says this AM, canker sores that developed from the virus near his gum line have started to heal, has less of a cough and says he's feeling much better....his wife has a much milder case with just a minor cough.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Spawne32 said:

I like to use this picture to put things into perspective, usually this is enough to scare people to stay home and you don't even need the fear of the virus.

zh6BHPc.jpg

Let's let our friend Samuel Jackson give everyone advice on what to do.

this is nothing. you should see how far they have to stick it in your ... when swabbing for an std. and that's all i have to say about that

59 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

this is nothing. you should see how far they have to stick it in your ... when swabbing for an std. and that's all i have to say about that

I uh...ive had that done before to remove a stent in my bladder. They use a metal rod with grabby hooks on the end. I don't think ive ever wept so much in my life. lol It's getting crazy out there, just saw this on the news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-president-coronavirus-lockdown-shoot-people-dead/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=85694697&fbclid=IwAR09PGL52YAPrbt_yOsY3BiX6tQvRrr9eLSpaVE5jehuxMfHqi2ZHY1LvMY

1 hour ago, Indianajonze said:

Ok I have to ask how you know ... tinder? Or a TGIF parking lot

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I had my sinus done once. He said "This is going to sting."

He wasn't kidding!!!

The Rabbi says the same thing when you convert in your 20's

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

I believe he was cracking wise about the 20yo getting a brisk.

11 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Yup...I thought long and hard about it....who would shave a piece of that off for any woman......really.

Never post shit while drinking bourbon to blow off steam....  apologies....  dont know what i was thinking and missed the points.... 

mea culpa

26 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Just heard that Restaurant Depot who only catered to restaurant managers is now letting the public in to shop here in NJ.....

I don't see mention of that on their website--where did you get the news?

I've been wanting to get in there for years--it's supposed to be a great place to get mass quantities of meat for the smoker.

42 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Just heard that Restaurant Depot who only catered to restaurant managers is now letting the public in to shop here in NJ.....also, COSTCO announces a 2 person entrance limit on card members at one time....guess leave grandma and the kids at home.

They let anybody in that had a business license somehow to the hospitality industry. And even then, I'm not so sure if any business license wouldn't let you apply for free membership.

16 minutes ago, 10X said:

I don't see mention of that on their website--where did you get the news?

I've been wanting to get in there for years--it's supposed to be a great place to get mass quantities of meat for the smoker.

It is. 40lb boxes of all sorts of meats.

1 hour ago, WP22 said:

And even then, I'm not so sure if any business license wouldn't let you apply for free membership.

I could have become a member when I had my medical office cleaning company.  I saw a lot of cars and trucks outside the Neptune store that had nothing to do with food service.  One time I saw an hispanic couple throw three carts of stuff into a landscapers truck.  As long as you have a NJ tax ID, you are in.

Just now, xXxplosive said:

yup...….been a RD member for years.

Same here.  You don't always have to buy 40lb cases. Most items, including meat can be had in smaller quantities and you just pay a little extra per pound.  I love that place!  Just watch out for the forklift drivers.....they get bonuses for running you over!:lol:

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

Just heard that Restaurant Depot who only catered to restaurant managers is now letting the public in to shop here in NJ.....also, COSTCO announces a 2 person entrance limit on card members at one time....guess leave grandma and the kids at home.

And it just occurred to me....with all restaurants closed or limited to take out only, this is a nice way to get rid of all perishable and short shelf life products.

• Agree 1

You know when restaurants are allowed to open again, I doubt that all their clientele is going to come running back.

Will restaurants have to 'social distance' their tables, thereby cutting occupation and revenue? Will that mean staff also runs at less than before? Can they operate on that reduced revenue? They had to ditch the inventory they had when closed; where's the money come from to restock? And so on.

I saw Jon Taffer on Fox a few days ago, and he didn't paint a rosy picture for the restaurant and bar industry. Not in the next 12 months anyway. I credit him with some of the above. Seemed very likely.

Oh, here we go. His interview is here.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI.....day 14, my son today tells me his cough has stopped and he's feeling much better today....he still has 2 days worth of Doxicyclene to take but the "Z" Pak was finished yesterday...still home quarantined naturally and his wife is feeling better also....she has a very mild case. guess the combo of Doxi and "Z" has been good.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

You know when restaurants are allowed to open again, I doubt that all their clientele is going to come running back.

There will a fair percentage of them that won't have the funds to reopen. Restaurant margins are very thin.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

…..and most are under lease and still paying the rent.....even then, most public events as I see it, whether it's dining out or going to a show or a ballgame, etc. ……...I don't see it happening too soon......folks are scared.....omo.

For my education, what is OMO in this context? I know it's not 'open market operations'.