gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

23 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

how are U feelin' so far after U reported that a fellow worker was a + …….. My son is now completely over it and back to joggin' and working out....he and his wife were down for 2 weeks.

So far the virus has taken my wife's aunt's father(he was elderly), a coworker(mid 50's), and my friend's father who was a nurse practitioner and retired police sergeant(60's). My wife's cousin's husband is being treated at Chilton Medical Center and isn't responding to medication. This has all been in the last 4 days. It has become a lot scarier when it's affecting people I know and not just numbers in a statistic. Stay safe. 

• Sad 4

Starting to encroach on my social circle as well. GF’s friend’s elderly father died of it (not “with it”), and one of her good friends who lives in upstate New York near New Rochelle came down with symptoms yesterday that are consistent with it.  Sister of a guy I work with is under quarantine because she had contact with a person confirmed infected.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

So far the virus has taken my wife's aunt's father(he was elderly), a coworker(mid 50's), and my friend's father who was a nurse practitioner and retired police sergeant(60's). My wife's cousin's husband is being treated at Chilton Medical Center and isn't responding to medication. This has all been in the last 4 days. It has become a lot scarier when it's affecting people I know and not just numbers in a statistic. Stay safe. 

Sorry to hear all that.  

Same with me.  Last week, one person I know(had heart attack due to covid19) and 6 people who are immediate family of people I personally know got it, 1 died. 

I told work I'm not comfortable going in for now, so I'm working from home.  It seems to be burning hot right now and I expect this to go down in a week or two.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Sorry to hear all that.  

Same with me.  Last week, one person I know(had heart attack due to covid19) and 6 people who are immediate family of people I personally know got it, 1 died. 

I told work I'm not comfortable going in for now, so I'm working from home.  It seems to be burning hot right now and I expect this to go down in a week or two.

What scares me is the thought of catching this and spreading it to my loved ones.I'm considered an essential employee and cannot work remotely. So sorry for your loss.

2 minutes ago, W2MC said:

That one is making the rounds.  I've heard some doctors weigh in on this and it makes sense as to why HCQ works.

The only question left however is how does the virus get into the red blood cells.   That is not answered.   It makes sense that it is replacing the irons and people are suffocating without any  real lung trauma.  The question is what mechanism is allowing the virus to do this. 

Once you answer that, it will all fall into place.  The article says "it's glycoproteins bond to the heme" but not HOW that is occurring. 

28 minutes ago, W2MC said:

Who wrote this? any medical background?

Free Iron doesn't just float around your body...  our bodies absorb excess Iron very quickly and neutralize it. Its actually a very common mechanism we teach for protein regulation. 

RBC also can't "host" the virus, it can't replicate inside it making it a useless vector to even infect... most of what I just read doesn't make sense to me without an explanation. 

Did any patients test high for Iron?

• Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Malsua said:

That one is making the rounds.  I've heard some doctors weigh in on this and it makes sense as to why HCQ works.

The only question left however is how does the virus get into the red blood cells.   That is not answered.   It makes sense that it is replacing the irons and people are suffocating without any  real lung trauma.  The question is what mechanism is allowing the virus to do this. 

Once you answer that, it will all fall into place.  The article says "it's glycoproteins bond to the heme" but not HOW that is occurring. 

It really does make you wonder two things - assuming it is accurate:

1)  That it has been engineered to do this - had any other corona virus exhibited this feature set?  Or is it all 'by design'

2)  Maybe HCQ is the easy cost effective fix, *by* design in the engineering?

3)  People coming in later after recovery with these problems?  Again maybe all maybe 'by design' to add to the kill ratio

Tinfoil type stuff - but you gotta ask and ponder it.

Just now, ChrisJM981 said:

What scares me is the thought of catching this and spreading it to my loved ones.I'm considered an essential employee and cannot work remotely. So sorry for your loss.

I get it, really.  I'm in my 50s and I have asthma.  My wife is older than me.  Neither of us are good candidates for "the mild version".   It simply isn't worth dying over for my company.   I don't want to lose my job, but so it goes.  I'll survive.  So I made the decision to stay home and they basically let me.  I will go in if I need hands on, but much of what I do can be done remotely. 

You need to make sure to protect yourself.  If you have an office, make it a green zone.  I did mine.  Big sign "do not enter".   It is mandatory to wear masks and keep distance, I did that too.  The issue was I was close to someone while I was working on her laser last week within about 3 feet.  I should have made her move.  Her husband came down with this shit.   We were both masked but still.  My best "work friend's" wife tested positive.  He and I walk outside daily unmasked, distant, probably not distant enough though.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Who wrote this? any medical background?

Free Iron doesn't just float around your body... 

Yeah.  It appears to be collecting in the lungs.

" All the damage to the lungs you see in CT scans are from the release of oxidative iron from the hemes, this overwhelms the natural defenses against pulmonary oxidative stress and causes that nice, always-bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs. "

This is all coming out of Chinese study.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwiMxKz3kdnoAhU6kHIEHUiRDJQQFjACegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpstorage-chemrxiv-899408398289%2F22129965%2Fcovid19202000328EN1.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3A49uE8pnMlRgZRsWw6IL-

https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

11 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Yeah.  It appears to be collecting in the lungs.

" All the damage to the lungs you see in CT scans are from the release of oxidative iron from the hemes, this overwhelms the natural defenses against pulmonary oxidative stress and causes that nice, always-bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs. "

This is all coming out of Chinese study.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwiMxKz3kdnoAhU6kHIEHUiRDJQQFjACegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpstorage-chemrxiv-899408398289%2F22129965%2Fcovid19202000328EN1.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3A49uE8pnMlRgZRsWw6IL-

https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

I'd like to see a blood test completed that show covid19 genome in the RBC.. 

It appears these tests were completed with isolated proteins.

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I'd like to see a blood test completed that show covid19 genome in the RBC.. 

I think that's the piece of the puzzle still missing.

That said, it may not be that the RBC actually has Covid genomic material in it, just that something your body is doing from covid infected cells is spitting out something that is liberating and replacing iron in the hemes.    Again, I only took a handful of biology courses in college, so it starts getting over my head pretty quick.   Hopefully someone with some really detailed knowledge on this can weigh in and see if the mechanism is even possible.

You have to admit, if this is what is happening, most of the way the disease progresses makes sense.  Why is it that so many on ventilators die still anoxic?  Why is blood o2 so low in patient with little lung infection?  This has been a common issue throughout this epidemic.  It explains why hcq seems to work.   It FITS.   Maybe still, it's not everything and there are other mechanisms working to kill you. 

29 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

3)  People coming in later after recovery with these problems?  Again maybe all maybe 'by design' to add to the kill ratio

Another real bummer might be on 20 or 30 years when all these people that had it bad develop pulmonary fibrosis. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Another real bummer might be on 20 or 30 years when all these people that had it bad develop pulmonary fibrosis. 

It is what it is. I’m well versed in pulmonary epidemiology as I was diagnosed with asthma at 18 months . 

shit happens. Not saying to be a dick

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I think that's the piece of the puzzle still missing.

That said, it may not be that the RBC actually has Covid genomic material in it, just that something your body is doing from covid infected cells is spitting out something that is liberating and replacing iron in the hemes.    Again, I only took a handful of biology courses in college, so it starts getting over my head pretty quick.   Hopefully someone with some really detailed knowledge on this can weigh in and see if the mechanism is even possible.

You have to admit, if this is what is happening, most of the way the disease progresses makes sense.  Why is it that so many on ventilators die still anoxic?  Why is blood o2 so low in patient with little lung infection?  This has been a common issue throughout this epidemic.  It explains why hcq seems to work.   It FITS.   Maybe still, it's not everything and there are other mechanisms working to kill you. 

Even if this were the case, at worst it present a condition just like Sickle Cell Anemia... since they only reported the beta-globin being affected. It's definitely something worth investigating, but we have to be careful when we say there is "little lung infection" 02 is low. Where the lungs show serious inflammation or not, the virus if present will constrict blood vessels of the lungs. To me, this is a more appropriate response with out further explanation.. 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200407/doctors-puzzle-over-covid19-lung-problems

I just read into the study you posted, it seems that it is based 100% in modeling. They used computer simulated software to make predictions on protein interactions.. So really need to take this with a grain of salt until they start either testing for the viral genome in RBC or the proteins they identified that have the ability to dock with Betaglobin. Both those test would be pretty easy to conduct on an infected patient 

51 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

….. so my son was treated with Doxicycline and "Z" Pak...…..he's back joggin' and workin' out like it never happened.

...like it never happened...

Great to hear!

So now yet another edict from our authoritarian governor.

I cannot find the actual text of the EO, just the press release. 

BREAKING: Governor Murphy is signing an Executive Order to further our aggressive efforts to enforce social distancing.

All non-essential construction across New Jersey will CEASE, indefinitely, effective 8:00 PM Friday.

Exceptions include projects at our hospitals and schools, in our transportation and public utility sector, the building of affordable housing, other individual housing sites that can adhere to strict limits on the number of workers on-site, and other limited instances.
We’re also aiming to mitigate overcrowding at essential retail stores – particularly in our grocery stores.

Under this Executive Order, all essential retail must indefinitely limit the number of customers allowed in their stores to NO MORE than 50% of their approved capacity.
Additionally, customers & employees must wear face coverings. Stores must also provide special shopping hours for high-risk individuals, erect physical barriers between customers and cashiers and baggers where practicable, regularly sanitize areas used by their employees, & more.

This Executive Order will also put greater protections in place for workers at our warehouses, and in manufacturing. No one should be working where social distancing isn’t being practiced to its fullest extent.

Just now, Spawne32 said:

I fail to see the problem.

Why exempt public projects but close private ones?

Only a statist does that.   If your goal is to kill this thing, stop exempting your own.  Shut it all down.

• Like 2

Just now, Malsua said:

Why exempt public projects but close private ones?

Only a statist does that.   If your goal is to kill this thing, stop exempting your own.  Shut it all down.

Well public projects would encompass township utilities, road repairs/construction, etc. Which is considered critical infrastructure, would it not?

Just now, Spawne32 said:

Well public projects would encompass township utilities, road repairs/construction, etc. Which is considered critical infrastructure, would it not?

Emergency repairs only.    Period.    Construction related to expansion of testing/medical facilities directly related to the current pandemic.   Adding the Bob B Megadonor wing vanity project at a hospital should not be exempt, yet it is.

Affordable housing is not more essential than any other housing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

I heard a story of guys setting poles up in highland lakes near other poles that had no reason to be setting poles near - seems an ex verizon lineman was like WTF...    

4 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Emergency repairs only.    Period.    Construction related to expansion of testing/medical facilities directly related to the current pandemic.   Adding the Bob B Megadonor wing vanity project at a hospital should not be exempt, yet it is.

Affordable housing is not more essential than any other housing.

Well there is obviously flaws in all of this. I'm not sure how the f some of these stores are getting "essential" exemptions. Rita's water ice was considered an essential service, they had 100 people outside it the other day.

Just now, Spawne32 said:

Well there is obviously flaws in all of this. I'm not sure how the f some of these stores are getting "essential" exemptions. Rita's water ice was considered an essential service, they had 100 people outside it the other day.

That's a takeout restaurant.   I don't have any issue with that.   That's actually better than most since they can keep the window practically closed.   People outside can keep their distance...where's the beef?

Public workers?  Oh, they all can keep working.  Gotta keep up those union dues for Democrat campaign contributions!

It's all bullshit.  Do it or don't.   We're getting close to having enough.   Closing all the parks?  The guy is a fucktard, just trying to piss people off.   National forests?   Seriously?  Afraid people might get 100m spacing or something? 

1 minute ago, Malsua said:

That's a takeout restaurant.   I don't have any issue with that.   That's actually better than most since they can keep the window practically closed.   People outside can keep their distance...where's the beef?

Public workers?  Oh, they all can keep working.  Gotta keep up those union dues for Democrat campaign contributions!

It's all bullshit.  Do it or don't.   We're getting close to having enough.   Closing all the parks?  The guy is a fucktard, just trying to piss people off.   National forests?   Seriously?  Afraid people might get 100m spacing or something? 

I think were well beyond logic with all of this. lol I think the problem is you can't control where the crowds gather easily. A lot of the rules are being based off of what's going on in north jersey too. We don't have as many issues with crowds gathering in public parks as our population is more sporadic down here. I'm more concerned about the utter nonsense going on with unemployment right now. People that have applied in the beginning of march still haven't received benefits yet because they can't get through on the phones or get responses online. I still haven't seen that additional $600 either, and now I'm told that they are unsure when that money is going to be given out. 

34 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

If Im in the middle of putting in a new kitchen is that not "essential"

16 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

I think were well beyond logic with all of this. lol I think the problem is you can't control where the crowds gather easily. A lot of the rules are being based off of what's going on in north jersey too. We don't have as many issues with crowds gathering in public parks as our population is more sporadic down here. I'm more concerned about the utter nonsense going on with unemployment right now. People that have applied in the beginning of march still haven't received benefits yet because they can't get through on the phones or get responses online. I still haven't seen that additional $600 either, and now I'm told that they are unsure when that money is going to be given out. 

DUDE... 

My wife has been out on disability and FMLA since...... the end of January.. 

It was a shit show back then...

The system completely collapsing was not even predictable.. it was a given.

5 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

If Im in the middle of putting in a new kitchen is that not "essential"

I went 8 weeks without my kitchen and during that time, only 1 meal wasn't made on my property.  We got takeout once.  The ol' Weber really pulled through.  Oh, and it was during a blizzard.

8 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I went 8 weeks without my kitchen and during that time, only 1 meal wasn't made on my property.  We got takeout once.  The ol' Weber really pulled through.  Oh, and it was during a blizzard.

Did you have shoes an electric? Cause if not the story would be more better...