gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

we should pretty much be ashamed of ourselves for allowing this. personally, i am.

Allowing what?

Its a long thread of many differing things - so some qualifications are probably in order

25 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Allowing what?

Its a long thread of many differing things - so some qualifications are probably in order

alllowing ourselves to be pushed into "martial law lite". it's essentially what's happened here.

46 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

alllowing ourselves to be pushed into "martial law lite". it's essentially what's happened here.

I disagree with you 100% - there is a very delicate balance between keeping the public health welfare and peace - and keeping civil liberties.

This is not 'martial law' at all IMO - at least in my area of Sussex County - 

- There are no checkpoints

- There are no stop and frisks

- There are no random police no knock warrants

- There are no random incarcerations

I for the most part am free to go about my business as I see fit - with recommended limitations.

I went to the PO, I went to the store etc.  Did I wear a mask?  Yup.  Why? 

It is kinda our civic duty at the moment, especially when at the store I saw frail old people looking scared as shit - and I kept my distance.

NO one is arresting you for not wearing a mask - NO one is arresting you for being out and about for a non essential purpose etc.

We can and should look back at this event at some point with glasses that have 20-20 hindsight and see what was done right and wrong.

We as a nation/world nave no idea what this is, what is could do, what it still could do - we need to do what we are doing for as long as we can- TILL A FIRM GRASP AS TO WHAT IT IS - can be established.

Frankly, the government and the scientists I think know more than they are letting on - after months of looking at this - I now more than ever find it hard to believe that this a natural occurring event - this has all the earmarks of a biological agent that got out.

In a society you cannot let the truth really be known - "a person is smart - people are dumb and panicky animals" 

In order to keep the fabric of society together - you need this 'lockdown' voluntarily - once those threads start unraveling - let's pray they do not - we are all potentially in a world of hurt - so far the threads are still tight - for the most part.

36 minutes ago, Underdog said:

OAN network is just as bad as CNN, MSNBC and the rest - cherry pick stories to push a narrative.

16 minutes ago, Handyman said:

If all the stuff in that video is true, it's some scary shizz. The cure is worse than the disease.

See the forest for the trees - YOU are smarter than that - :)

BUT WTF DO I KNOW !!!!  :) The above like all else is an OPINION - and like most we are all full of caca del toro.

• Agree 1

Don't fear fresh produce.  From my observations,  all of it can be washed or peeled, and many things (such as a head of lettuce) are shrink wrapped.  I stock over 2 tons of bananas alone every day, and it is wiped out by the end of the day.  Meats come in overnight and are on the shelves by 7am, same with dairy.  There are tons of packaged salads of many varieties, although you have the convenience cost there, but nobody will have their mucus on the product as the plastic bags are tough.

One think that drives me up the wall are the corn shuckers who ruin 20 ears of fresh corn right there at the display case as they hunt for the golden ticket...or a crackerjack prize, or something.  That leaves all those ears drying out in the air and nobody else wants them because they know some hygienically-challenged yenta pawed over every square inch.

I see toilet paper coming in now and much more canned food, but the locusts wearing the ineffective masks line up outside like the walking dead.

The pork roll unfortunately is usually wiped out within minutes, as are eggs, and ginger root for some reason.

I can count on one hands the shoppers who are not wearing masks, even the one guy wearing a full-face motorcycle helmet while browsing for Squash (hey, it is a Wallmart)

Oh yes, they have 65" 4k tvs on sale for $428!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I disagree with you 100% - there is a very delicate balance between keeping the public health welfare and peace - and keeping civil liberties.

I for the most part am free to go about my business as I see fit - with recommended limitations.

It is kinda our civic duty at the moment, especially when at the store I saw frail old people looking scared as shit - and I kept my distance.

NO one is arresting you for not wearing a mask - NO one is arresting you for being out and about for a non essential purpose etc.

We can and should look back at this event at some point with glasses that have 20-20 hindsight and see what was done right and wrong.

We as a nation/world nave no idea what this is, what is could do, what it still could do - we need to do what we are doing for as long as we can- TILL A FIRM GRASP AS TO WHAT IT IS - can be established.

Frankly, the government and the scientists I think know more than they are letting on - after months of looking at this - I now more than ever find it hard to believe that this a natural occurring event - this has all the earmarks of a biological agent that got out.

In a society you cannot let the truth really be known - "a person is smart - people are dumb and panicky animals" 

In order to keep the fabric of society together - you need this 'lockdown' voluntarily - once those threads start unraveling - let's pray they do not - we are all potentially in a world of hurt - so far the threads are still tight - for the most part.

OAN network is just as bad as CNN, MSNBC and the rest - cherry pick stories to push a narrative.

BUT WTF DO I KNOW !!!!  :) The above like all else is an OPINION - and like most we are all full of caca del toro.

I agree with some of what you are saying; I live in Sussex County, too.

However, I do not trust the media or the polticians that are leading us, and in particular because many would put their own politics ahead of the nation.  

However, if there are abuses going on in the US of A they need to be addressed.  

I do disagree on your assessment of OAN.  It is much more credible than many of the people reporting on Fox, and it presents a side that is rarely presented.  

I wholeheartedly believe that WE the PEOPLE should take personable responsibility for yourselves and our action and don a mask and gloves whenever possible (and maintain spacing).  I think we should also seek out neighbors in need and help them!  Thanks for your post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

there's a reason i said "martial law lite".

we're being told to stay in. we've got a curfew. stores are being told what they can sell and when. people are being fined for gathering. some states are(from what i've heard) setting up roadblocks on main roads into their states. police in some states going door to door looking for new yorkers.

yes. this may not be full on martial law, but it's sure as shit a lite version, and we're on our way to it if we're not really careful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

there's a reason i said "martial law lite".

we're being told to stay in. we've got a curfew. stores are being told what they can sell and when. people are being fined for gathering. some states are(from what i've heard) setting up roadblocks on main roads into their states. police in some states going door to door looking for new yorkers.

yes. this may not be full on martial law, but it's sure as shit a lite version, and we're on our way to it if we're not really careful.

Nah.....and friggin new yawlkes should stay the eff in new yalk...... 

Find em and ship em back

• Agree 1

this guy can go fk himself. nobody has the authority to force me to wear a mask or a head covering. is this the fkn taliban? if i go to a store and they won't let me in without covering my face, i'm not shopping in that store. very simple. any retailer that subjects their customers to such nonsense they will lose my business for a looooong time.

wearing a bandana does LITERALLY nothing. wearing a surgical mask does nothing. these things need to be properly fitted, your face properly shaved, the filter able to stop particles of a certain size from entering. i have no idea wtf is actually going on here, but ppl have lost their minds and/or are simply morons. i invite anyone who thinks this shit is doing anyone any good to do a basic search on virus micron sizes and what materials are required to stop them from penetrating objects. a bandana? really? seriously, you may as well make a mask out of construction paper like when you were a kid. it would work just as well.

what's worse, i actually think that by making such a proclamation that his majesty phil murphy may be putting MORE lives at risk. people who otherwise would be staying home may now suddenly feel safe to venture out: "oh, we have to wear a facemask now? that's great that we'll all be protected now! ok well since we have these bandanas lying around let's go shopping at walmart. come on, kids, lets go!" BOOM, infected

ok rant off now. but seriously, this is very dangerous stuff. idk who's giving these ppl advice to make such orders, but they all need to be fired and/or go back to school. and i'm still not wearing a mask to go shopping

19 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

ok rant off now. but seriously, this is very dangerous stuff. idk who's giving these ppl advice to make such orders, but they all need to be fired and/or go back to school. and i'm still not wearing a mask to go shopping

I would assume people with PhD's and Masters degrees in medicine and infectious diseases?

26 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

wearing a bandana does LITERALLY nothing. wearing a surgical mask does nothing. these things need to be properly fitted, your face properly shaved, the filter able to stop particles of a certain size from entering. i have no idea wtf is actually going on here, but ppl have lost their minds and/or are simply morons. i invite anyone who thinks this shit is doing anyone any good to do a basic search on virus micron sizes and what materials are required to stop them from penetrating objects. a bandana? really? seriously, you may as well make a mask out of construction paper like when you were a kid. it would work just as well.

Cotton masks, bandanas, surgical masks and the like are not intended to stop virus particles.  They are intended to catch droplets and they do in fact do that.  Even a poorly fitted piece of paper towel is better than nothing.   Quite a lot better than nothing.  If fact, it can drop the viral load you get exposed to by 70% meaning you can walk through a cloud of it and not get a large enough inoculum to get the disease.  This is the entire point.

You mention virus micron size as if it is relevant.  It isn't.  Not in the slightest.  The virus has to hitchhike on mucous and spittle.  It floats around in these fluids which are much, much larger than micron sizes.     Yes, an N95 prevents aerosolized particles, but as shown on those Japanese videos of testing, humans emit an entire spectrum of droplets from aerosols to millimeter sizes.    If you can knock out a big chunk of it, it's enough.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

What's next.     "We need to disarm you for you're your own safety "

I think you run that risk at any time regardless of a pandemic or not. I don't think anyone has the balls to take it that far for fear of the response. Even if 50% of gun owners turn in their firearms, I don't think they would be willing to risk the lives of law enforcement to forcibly take the other 50%.

10 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

I think you run that risk at any time regardless of a pandemic or not. I don't think anyone has the balls to take it that far for fear of the response. Even if 50% of gun owners turn in their firearms, I don't think they would be willing to risk the lives of law enforcement to forcibly take the other 50%.

You would be surprised how many sheep would  turn in their firearms with no fight.

4 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

I think you run that risk at any time regardless of a pandemic or not. I don't think anyone has the balls to take it that far for fear of the response. Even if 5% of gun owners turn in their firearms, I don't think they would be willing to risk the lives of law enforcement to forcibly take the other 95%

FIFY! :)

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Cotton masks, bandanas, surgical masks and the like are not intended to stop virus particles.  They are intended to catch droplets and they do in fact do that.  Even a poorly fitted piece of paper towel is better than nothing.   Quite a lot better than nothing.  If fact, it can drop the viral load you get exposed to by 70% meaning you can walk through a cloud of it and not get a large enough inoculum to get the disease.  This is the entire point.

You mention virus micron size as if it is relevant.  It isn't.  Not in the slightest.  The virus has to hitchhike on mucous and spittle.  It floats around in these fluids which are much, much larger than micron sizes.     Yes, an N95 prevents aerosolized particles, but as shown on those Japanese videos of testing, humans emit an entire spectrum of droplets from aerosols to millimeter sizes.    If you can knock out a big chunk of it, it's enough.

your logic is deeply flawed. using your math (which i heavily dispute, but let's play), if a person may have the virus and decides to go out and about with their magical bandana, and said magical bandana knocks their spewed viral load down by 70%, that means that i, a very healthy adult male, now must endure an increased 30% risk of catching a virus from some jackass who should have kept their sick ass home but instead decided to venture out on the advice of dr phil murphy and his magical bandana. knocking down big chunks of the virus when they never should have been there in the first place is of no value, so i don't understand your point of wearing a covering to catch a portion of a virus. either you stop all of it (n95/p100) or you don't waste your time. this bandana crap is going to get people killed, but that's not even my overall point. no one has the authority to force me to wear anything on my head is my point, unless i sign up for it as part of my religion, and i certainly did not do that

edit: completely unrelated to the above nonsense, but this apocalypse does bring occasional good news:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-atf-authorizes-drive-through-gun-sales-to-maintain-social-distancing/

drive through gun sales! one step closer to my dream of being able to buy guns and ammo from a vending machine...

13 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Indianajonze are you ok with “ no shirt, no shoes, no service “?

sure. a private company can mandate whatever rules they wish on their own private company grounds. that is VERY different from an authoritarian government forcing a business to enact such rules. let's be very clear here. the government does not have the constitutional authority to do any of the following:

deem a business as "essential"

force a business to close

force a place of worship to close

force a person to wear something they object to

force a person to be vaccinated (forced covid 19 vaccines)

enforce a curfew

close a public space which is funded by taxpayers

restrict a person from traveling freely without having committed a crime

seize private property without due process

if you are supportive of any of the above for any reason, you should be rethinking what it means to be an american. i'm a big believer in the constitution, the intent of the founders and the purpose of the formation of this country. we were not born here to cower in fear, locked in our homes for fear of catching a virus. could you imagine if the people today were the ones responsible for settling the old west? we'd never have made it past parsippany. 

if you're sick, stay home. if you're high risk, stay home. if you're elderly, stay home. if you know any of these people, stay away from them. for 99% of the population though, let's get busy living. we were not born for this shit, and we're giving some very dangerous people some very dangerous ideas. wasn't it kamala harris who said the first thing she'd do is sign an eo mandating gun violence as a "national health emergency"? be careful of defending these actions, people. you could be living like this for the rest of your lives...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - ben franklin

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” - thomas jefferson

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

that's only because people like you have let them get away with it and slowly usurp authority. i don't see any asterisk within the language of the first amendment that says my right to peaceably assemble is tied to the absence of a virus

i'm really surprised i have such resistance in this forum, a 2a forum nonetheless. nothing i'm saying is particularly controversial. i'm pretty shocked actually. i need to get the hell out of this state. south dakota looking pretty good after hearing this little speech from the governor there. she 100% gets it:

• Like 2

Just now, Indianajonze said:

that's only because people like you have let them get away with it and slowly usurp authority. i don't see any asterisk within the language of the first amendment that says my right to peaceably assemble is tied to the absence of a virus

You are blaming me for the 10th amendment? I'm getting old but I'm not that old. :lol: lol The current issue at hand is not whether it is constitutional to require a face covering during a pandemic to prevent its spread, it's the people who suddenly fancy themselves medical professionals and law scholars overnight on the internet.

3 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

You are blaming me for the 10th amendment? I'm getting old but I'm not that old. :lol: lol The current issue at hand is not whether it is constitutional to require a face covering during a pandemic to prevent its spread, it's the people who suddenly fancy themselves medical professionals and law scholars overnight on the internet.

10th amendment 10th amendment 10th amendment. why is it that whenever anyone wants to violate the constitution they run to the 10th amendment? the 10th amendment does not allow states to violate the constitution as written. the 10th amendment allows states to create transit authorities. public housing. school systems. you know, just what it says. things NOT defined by the constitution. it does not allow them to violate the 1st amendment. or the 2nd or 4th. those things are very clearly defined in the constitution