gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

I love the little potato balls au Gratin from them.

My only problem with Omaha steaks is the portion sizes.  The food is usually pretty good, but a 5oz sirloin?  Really.  lol. 

That said, they may be a "go to" if the food supply gets more constrained but if you look at their current stock of ribeyes?  All sold out.  Shit just go real yo. 

I don't see 4-5oz steaks, I see 2-10 oz steaks. Adapt and improvise. 

53 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

IMO.....they are a rip off....4 hotdogs, couple hamburgers and a potato …...70 bucks....I know, they gotta make money....just not my hard earned money.

Not my money either:p. Guess I got the jumbo box lots of steaks ( including the tubed variety), chops' potatoes and dessert.

Speaking of meat.  May want to stock up if you haven't already.

One of the largest pork processing factory just closed down.  While this one plant only accounts for about 5% of pork production other meat producers have also been closed or working with reduced staff.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-04-13/smithfield-foods-closes-south-dakota-processing-plant-after-employees-test-positive-for-coronavirus

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, Indianajonze said:

south dakota looking pretty good after hearing this little speech from the governor there. she 100% gets it:

The governor SD gets it but it seems you don't.  She says, "SD is not NY" and mentions that it is sparsely populated.  Very different demographics.

Not shutting down hasn't helped SD.  Corona cases went up 218% last week. A month ago they had 9 cases and now they have 730.

nooooooo. you and ppl who defend this authoritarian nightmare are the ones who don't get it. vast parts of NJ are not NY either, and where i live is sparsely populated. demographics are irrelevant, and if that's your takeaway from her speech i'd suggest you listen a little closer. the suspension of the constitution at the hands of bureaucrats is the point, but you knew that already. you just choose to be on the side of the man in an effort to gin up hysteria and utter pandemonium to save you from a flu. luckily, i'm beginning to think that you apologists here are definitely the minority based on what i'm seeing, reading and hearing from others

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michigan-gov-whitmer-facing-backlash-for-expanded-stay-at-home-order?fbclid=IwAR1KZVJEim4ph1uU02LMBPeUs_68gUt7dud1sZ2xeectAclW6c7lCYwbL3c

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

nooooooo. you and ppl who defend this authoritarian nightmare are the ones who don't get it. vast parts of NJ are not NY either, and where i live is sparsely populated. demographics are irrelevant, and if that's your takeaway from her speech i'd suggest you listen a little closer. the suspension of the constitution at the hands of bureaucrats is the point, but you knew that already. you just choose to be on the side of the man in an effort to gin up hysteria and utter pandemonium to save you from a flu. luckily, i'm beginning to think that you apologists here are definitely the minority based on what i'm seeing, reading and hearing from others

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michigan-gov-whitmer-facing-backlash-for-expanded-stay-at-home-order?fbclid=IwAR1KZVJEim4ph1uU02LMBPeUs_68gUt7dud1sZ2xeectAclW6c7lCYwbL3c

Like I said previously, you can't pick and choose which amendments of the constitution you think are ok. Why don't you head on over to stormfront with this "apologists" nonsense. 

23 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

The governor SD gets it but it seems you don't.  She says, "SD is not NY" and mentions that it is sparsely populated.  Very different demographics.

Not shutting down hasn't helped SD.  Corona cases went up 218% last week. A month ago they had 9 cases and now they have 730.

Shutting down hasn't helped either.  So what is the choice stay open and keep the economy going and people die or shut everything down, violate the constitution, destroy the economy and people die anyway?

Not so much of a difficult choice., 

PS: Sure about those numbers?   A month ago no one was being tested for Corona, now everyone with the sniffles is being tested.  What a surprise the more you test the more you find.  When any where from 50%-86% of "victims" show ZERO symptoms, how do you know how many case there are?   

• Agree 1

stormfront? really? that's pretty insulting

who's picking and choosing amendments? for the 100th time, the 10th amendment does not nullify and cannot be used to nullify the previous 9. it's a shockingly simple thing to understand actually

but yeah, apologist. you think the govt has the ability to suspend the constitution whenever some crisis comes along. i do not

4 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Shutting down hasn't helped either.  So what is the choice stay open and keep the economy going and people die or shut everything down, violate the constitution, destroy the economy and people die anyway?

Not so much of a difficult choice., 

PS: Sure about those numbers?   A month ago no one was being tested for Corona, now everyone with the sniffles is being tested.  What a surprise the more you test the more you find.  When any where from 50%-86% of "victims" show ZERO symptoms, how do you know how many case there are?   

Where in the world would you get the idea that shutting down hasn't helped? Even Trump himself has highlighted the fact that we were able to flatten the curve with the stay at home orders. Projections showed infection numbers in the millions upon millions by mid April had we not done what we did. What constitutional rights are we losing by being asked to stay inside and wear a mask when  you go out?

1 minute ago, PeteF said:

Kobayashi Maru

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indianajonze said:

stormfront? really? that's pretty insulting

who's picking and choosing amendments? for the 100th time, the 10th amendment does not nullify and cannot be used to nullify the previous 9. it's a shockingly simple thing to understand actually

Highlight the areas where your 1st amendment rights have been violated? Highlight the areas where your 2nd amendment rights have been violated? Highlight the areas where you were denied due process? You are bitching because your favorite bars aren't open and you are being asked to wear a mask in public to not only protect yourself but protect others during a NATIONAL EMERGENCY.

1 minute ago, Spawne32 said:

What constitutional rights are we losing by being asked to stay inside and wear a mask when  you go out?

no, not ASKED. FORCED. by executive fiat under threat of arrest, fine and/or violence. don't sugar coat it to make it seem more palatable

• Agree 1

Just now, Indianajonze said:

no, not ASKED. FORCED. by executive fiat under threat of arrest, fine and/or violence. don't sugar coat it to make it seem more palatable

GUESS WHAT. You know what else you're forced to do? WEAR PANTS IN PUBLIC FOR OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET CHARGED WITH INDECENT EXPOSURE. Have you been bitching about the fact that you can't walk into the supermarket with no pants on for the past 50 years as well?

Go out of your house, breath the fresh air, you are going to see dozens of people NOT wearing masks just like I do, no cops arresting them in the streets or gunning people down. Good god you are literally making the case for red flag laws right now.

Highlight the areas where your 1st amendment rights have been violated? Highlight the areas where your 2nd amendment rights have been violated? Highlight the areas where you were denied due process? You are bitching because your favorite bars aren't open and you are being asked to wear a mask in public to not only protect yourself but protect others during a NATIONAL EMERGENCY.

you seriously want to go down that road? have you attended any meetings lately? gone to church on easter? bowling league? yes, go to a local bar? what about getting stopped after 8pm to see "where you're going"? probable cause out the window. hell, any crime is out the window. just stop you "because"

as for the 2nd amendment, this guy shut down EVERYTHING and it was only by threat of suit that he relented, weeks later. and you still can't shoot at a range, either public or PRIVATE. no violations?

• Agree 1

Where in the world would you get the idea that shutting down hasn't helped? Even Trump himself has highlighted the fact that we were able to flatten the curve with the stay at home orders. Projects showed infection numbers in the millions upon millions by mid April had we not done what we did. What constitutional rights are we losing by being asked to stay inside and wear a mask when  you go out?

How long has NY been shut down?  Hows that death count and # of confirmed cases coming?  Hows that mass graves  coming?

I put up a widget to keep white elephants away from my house.  It works great, since I put it up no white elephants.  Proves that my widget works right?  

Those projections are full of shit.  Every single one of them has been "corrected"  1

Flattening the curve?  What a stupid fucking term.  How many people have died OF Corona because there wasn't medical equipment?  

You do realize that "flattening the curve" does not reduce the number of infections?  It only extends the time frame making it more likely that people that hunkered down for months will catch it later.

You are not "being asked" anything,  You are being told.

As to Constitutional violations. Oh lets see:

1st

Impeding the free exercise of religion

Interfering with the right to peaceably assemble

2nd

I wont even get into this

4th

Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures

8th

Prohibits excessive fines  (500 dollar fine and jail time for not wearing a mask?)

1 minute ago, Indianajonze said:

you seriously want to go down that road? have you attended any meetings lately? gone to church on easter? bowling league? yes, go to a local bar? what about getting stopped after 8pm to see "where you're going"? probable cause out the window. hell, any crime is out the window. just stop you "because"

as for the 2nd amendment, this guy shut down EVERYTHING and it was only by threat of suit that he relented, weeks later. and you still can't shoot at a range, either public or PRIVATE. no violations?

The constitution does not protect your self supposed right to go to church, or the bowling alley or your local bar to drink your ass off. The 1st amendment protects your right to practice religion by way of "Congress shall make no law respecting an" and as such, no law has been passed that is violating that right. As I have told you before, curfews are protected by the constitution, and no one is being arrested or beaten and gunned down in the streets for being out past 8pm. AT MOST, even the state police have stated that the most you could be charged with is disorderly conduct.

And once again, as I said there is processes in place IN THE CONSTITUTION YOU SO VALUE that protect again a state overstepping its police powers authority which is why murphy was forced to allow gun stores to do business again.

10 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Kobayashi Maru

Not really. It's more of a reasoned balanced decision.  People will die one way or the other.   It happens. That's life no one gets out alive.  ~5.5k people die EVERY day in the US.  

Do you cower and hide (shutdown) or Face adversity and move on.

2 minutes ago, PeteF said:

How long has NY been shut down?  Hows that death count and # of confirmed cases coming?  Hows that mass graves  coming?

I put up a widget to keep white elephants away from my house.  It works great, since I put it up no white elephants.  Proves that my widget works right?  

Those projections are full of shit.  Every single one of them has been "corrected"  1

Flattening the curve?  What a stupid fucking term.  How many people have died OF Corona because there wasn't medical equipment?  

You do realize that "flattening the curve" does not reduce the number of infections?  It only extends the time frame making it more likely that people that hunkered down for months will catch it later.

You are not "being asked" anything,  You are being told.

As to Constitutional violations. Oh lets see:

1st

Impeding the free exercise of religion

Interfering with the right to peaceably assemble

2nd

4th

Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures

8th

Prohibits excessive fines  (500 dollar fine and jail time for not wearing a mask?)

Where did you graduate from law school?

Just now, PeteF said:

What did I say that wrong Genius?    Or are you just another Greenday clone?

The entire post is a mis-interpretation, or more accurately put, your own interpretation of what you THINK it should be. The saving grace here is the fact that no one with any sort of authority gives a shit about what people like you or Indiana here think regarding the constitution or the law.

Just now, WP22 said:

oh goody, we have another learned expert in the house.

Lol I'd post a picture of my degree but I don't think it would make much of a difference at this point.

• Agree 1

Just now, Spawne32 said:

1. The entire post is a mis-interpretation, or more accurately put, your own interpretation of what you THINK it should be.

2. The saving grace here is the fact that no one with any sort of authority gives a shit about what people like you or Indiana here think regarding the constitution or the law.

1.  What exactly did I say that was a "Misinterpretation"?

2. Yeah thanks for proving the point.  Those "in authority"  don't give a shit.  Look up the cause of the American revolution.  A certain group in authority not giving a shit.

1 minute ago, RUTGERS95 said:

indianjones makes some good points people

his messaging and delivery may not be on point but he's not entirely wrong

That there is inherent risk that the bounds of authority will be overstepped? Sure, I can agree with that, but that's the reason why we have a system in place to challenge that authority.

1.  What exactly did I say that was a "Misinterpretation"?

2. Yeah thanks for proving the point.  Those "in authority"  don't give a shit.  Look up the cause of the American revolution.  A certain group in authority not giving a shit.

Show me the laws that congress has passed during this crisis that violated your constitutional rights?

2 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

That there is inherent risk that the bounds of authority will be overstepped? Sure, I can agree with that, but that's the reason why we have a system in place to challenge that authority.

Show me the laws that congress has passed during this crisis that violated your constitutional rights?

Try reading.

1st

Impeding the free exercise of religion  Churches are closed.  Pastor's are not allowed to visit  shut ins. etc 

Interfering with the right to peaceably assemble  NEED I SAY ANYTHING AT ALL?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/man-handcuffed-for-playing-t-ball-with-daughter-in-empty-park/1pngzukppayy411amo4ykm44b7

2nd

4th

Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures  CHECKING PAPERS because of state of origin?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/us/coronavirus-rhode-island-checkpoint.html

8th

But, But that's not happening.  Oh wait never mind.

3 minutes ago, WP22 said:

My issue with the process and redress after the fact. It's like a young lady asking for her virginity back after the deed is done. She can ask, the guy can say sure, there you go but she ain't getting it back.

If the congress or even the state legislature moved to make any of these restrictions permanent, then you have to start worrying. Right now the powers that are being used are within the states powers defined by the constitution by in large, and the ones that aren't, as I have repeatedly said, are being challenged in the higher courts. Plus I cannot in at least recent history remember a time where emergency declarations and police powers have been used to such an extent. Obviously we look to the guidance of court rulings to determine where the boundaries are. There are already a lot of cases that set precedent on what can and cannot be done. For instance the court has over ruled the governor of Kansas who was restricting religious gatherings and no doubt that case will be cited elsewhere.

Try reading.

1st

Impeding the free exercise of religion  Churches are closed.  Pastor's are not allowed to visit  shut ins. etc 

Interfering with the right to peaceably assemble  NEED I SAY ANYTHING AT ALL?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/man-handcuffed-for-playing-t-ball-with-daughter-in-empty-park/1pngzukppayy411amo4ykm44b7

2nd

4th

Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures  CHECKING PAPERS because of state of origin?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/us/coronavirus-rhode-island-checkpoint.html

8th

But, But that's not happening.  Oh wait never mind.

I'm ignoring this stupid post. lol Where did  you graduate law school?