gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

So Murphy just said that the legislature is passing laws this week that underpin the EO's that were issued. So if you want to be pro-active about seeing what is going on beneath all of this, find out what laws they are passing that reinforce those EO's.

18 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

If the congress or even the state legislature moved to make any of these restrictions permanent, then you have to start worrying. Right now the powers that are being used are within the states powers defined by the constitution by in large, and the ones that aren't, as I have repeatedly said, are being challenged in the higher courts. Plus I cannot in at least recent history remember a time where emergency declarations and police powers have been used to such an extent. Obviously we look to the guidance of court rulings to determine where the boundaries are. There are already a lot of cases that set precedent on what can and cannot be done. For instance the court has over ruled the governor of Kansas who was restricting religious gatherings and no doubt that case will be cited elsewhere.

I'm ignoring this stupid post. lol Where did  you graduate law school?

You think a constitutional violation is only a violation if its permanent?  Where did you graduate grade school?

Okay Greenday.  Ignore it, since you can't refute any of it.  What a moron.

Just now, PeteF said:

You think a constitutional violation is only a violation if its permanent?  Where did you graduate grade school?

Okay Greenday.  Ignore it, since you can't refute any of it.  What a moron.

I don't know what a Greenday is but again I ask you, where did you graduate law school?

1 minute ago, Spawne32 said:

I don't know what a Greenday is but again I ask you, where did you graduate law school?

I see so only lawyers are able to understand law?  So the people that wrote the Constitution (in your opinion) would be unable to understand what they meant because they weren't lawyers.

I reiterate, MORON.

19 minutes ago, PeteF said:

I see so only lawyers are able to understand law?  So the people that wrote the Constitution (in your opinion) would be unable to understand what they meant because they weren't lawyers.

I reiterate, MORON.

Fun fact my moronic friend, did you know that martial law is legal in the US? Article 1, Section 9 states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

7 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

Fun fact my moronic friend, did you know that marshal law is legal in the US?

I think the law school graduates on the forum would know this as 'martial law'.  

1 hour ago, Spawne32 said:

Fun fact my moronic friend, did you know that martial law is legal in the US? Article 1, Section 9 states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Oh I missed it then.  When was Martial Law declared?  Please do link to an official declaration.

Again MORON.

3 hours ago, Spawne32 said:

The entire post is a mis-interpretation, or more accurately put, your own interpretation of what you THINK it should be. The saving grace here is the fact that no one with any sort of authority gives a shit about what people like you or Indiana here think regarding the constitution or the law.

Do you think they give a shit what you think?  I sure hope not for our Country's sake!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PeteF said:

Oh I missed it then.  When was Martial Law declared?  Please do link to an official declaration.

Again MORON.

FFS I'm done arguing. Continue to be pissed in your basement while you grumble about how you can't go to the bar and have to wear an additional article of clothing like a frigin child. :loser:

3 hours ago, PeteF said:

Not really. It's more of a reasoned balanced decision.

It is exactly like the legendary test of mettle, invented by Star Trek. :/

There is no win or lose with this virus.  It's not an NBA game where the team with the highest score at the end wins.  Wins in this game are lives saved.  How many lives saved is up to how America responds.  I have to say we are doing better than I thought, and I am truly elated over that.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this.  Any American who refuses to take a very minimally invasive proactive measure to help save other Americans is an asshole.  Fucking crybabies.  Wearing a mask and sanitizing your hands WILL save lives, possibly even YOUR OWN.  Every life saved is a win for the team, Team USA. Be a team player.

All the other shit, travel restrictions etc.  Hell yes, there's abuses of power going on.  Thankfully, it is rare around the nation.  NJ may have learned how to lick boot and say thank you after, but most of America won't cotton to half of what we put up with in NJ.  Don't go looking for brownshirts taking over America, they aren't coming. If anything real funky goes down during this outbreak, you can bet your ass SCOTUS is gonna be super duper busy.  It will all get sorted out.

Make

America

Well

Again

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Any American who refuses to take a very minimally invasive proactive measure to help save other Americans is an asshole.  Fucking crybabies.  Wearing a mask and sanitizing your hands WILL save lives, possibly even YOUR OWN.  Every life saved is a win for the team, Team USA. Be a team player.

All the other shit, travel restrictions etc.  Hell yes, there's abuses of power going on.  Thankfully, it is rare around the nation.  NJ may have learned how to lick boot and say thank you after, but most of America won't cotton to half of what we put up with in NJ.  Don't go looking for brownshirts taking over America, they aren't coming.

good article for all you team players out there

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-authoritarianism-is-getting-out-of-hand/

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this.  Any American who refuses to take a very minimally invasive proactive measure to help save other Americans is an asshole.  Fucking crybabies.  Wearing a mask and sanitizing your hands WILL save lives, possibly even YOUR OWN.  Every life saved is a win for the team, Team USA. Be a team player.

Did you wear a mask shopping last year during flu season when 50k people died?  Did you wear a mask shopping in December thru 4/7 of this year?   

No you didn't.  Did you die from flu last year?  Did you get Corona since December not wearing a mask?  (yeah it's been here that long)  But now wearing a mask makes everyone safer?   Are you going to wear a mask everytime you venture out for the rest of your life?

This is all kabuki theater.  If you are an at risk and want to take extra precautions for your own health?  Knock yourself out.  Yes that makes sense.  You act like an adult and make decisions for your OWN well being.   This is just like the "sorry can't have a PB&J sandwich at school, because little Johnny has a peanut allergy.  So instead of the at risk person taking precautions everyone else is denied.

Want to explain how a healthy me wearing a mask makes you safer? 

"Why don't you turn in your guns.  It will save lives.    Hey a background check / permit is only minimally invasive.   Come on be a team player."  This is your argument.

• Sad 1
  • FacePalm 1

From above:

"Your declarative sentences and forceful feelings do not transform the meaning of either authoritarianism or freedom. Though if we dump our principles every time there’s a crisis, they might as well."

I should incorporate that into my post on Murphy.

So here's my article for this thread.

I was 1563621 on this site since 2010, Comp. crash 2 years ago so now my name!

I just received a delivery order from Walmart in Lanoka harbor. Waited over 2 weeks for a delivery date. half the items were out of stock!' Local shoprite has 1 hour wait to get in store.

Little background. I am 6'2, 290, always worked construction, Very strong! Very large human. 

Well, 12-24-19 started with fever, went to 104-105 for 2 days, Tried all the normal, 12-27 went to Deborah, spitting blood, fever of still 104-105. Immediately put me in ICU. Wife works in Deborah & knew shit was hitting the fan! Pumped full of antibiotics for 10 days. Went septic in the blood, Needed 2 transfusions. Finally cleared up, BUT blew out my kidneys, They are the first to go!

Now Dyalisis 3 days per week for life. They say most likely I had the virus!!!. Not sure if I can get again. That is the only explanation for the body going septic,

End of story! Because of this I don't relish standing in line!

I always wear a mask now!!!!

Oh, Forgot, Fu Up my left arm, cannot rack a 1911. have to rack right then grasp right. I know. use one of the revolvers!

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Jeez. 

You wearing a mask makes you safer. If you don't get sick, you can't get anyone else sick.  This makes me safer. 

It is both self interest and mutual benefit. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PeteF said:

This is just like the "sorry can't have a PB&J sandwich at school, because little Johnny has a peanut allergy.  So instead of the at risk person taking precautions everyone else is denied.

Ah, okay.  I finally get where you are coming from.  You would have the peanut allergy kid isolated just so you can enjoy the tremendous god given, constitutionally protected right to eat a fucking sandwich.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PeteF said:

"Why don't you turn in your guns.  It will save lives.    Hey a background check / permit is only minimally invasive.   Come on be a team player."  This is your argument.

That is EMPHATICALLY not my argument.  That is your very poorly cobbled together projections and a non sequitur.

42 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Are you sure you are healthy?  Absolutely positive, like you have an Abbott ID-NOW machine on your kitchen counter with a fridge fully stocked with reagents, assuming you know how to run an assay.  Can your smarmy selfish ass be 100% sure that you are not or will not become an asymptomatic carrier wandering around spreading this disease?

If you answer yes, we will ALL know what kind of man you are.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Did you wear a mask shopping last year during flu season when 50k people died?  Did you wear a mask shopping in December thru 4/7 of this year?   

No you didn't.  Did you die from flu last year?  Did you get Corona since December not wearing a mask?  (yeah it's been here that long)  But now wearing a mask makes everyone safer?   Are you going to wear a mask everytime you venture out for the rest of your life?

This is all kabuki theater.  If you are an at risk and want to take extra precautions for your own health?  Knock yourself out.  Yes that makes sense.  You act like an adult and make decisions for your OWN well being.   This is just like the "sorry can't have a PB&J sandwich at school, because little Johnny has a peanut allergy.  So instead of the at risk person taking precautions everyone else is denied.

I have no idea what reality some of you people live in.

I don't recall ICU's being at capacity from any recent flu seasons..

People are dropping like flies in nursing homes, seems a little insensitive to just assume older people can "just be more careful" and thats enough of a response... 

We can't even give our medical professionals appropriate PPE, yet these people will be able to?

Health care facilities can barely cope while every one attempts to stay home... today. 

NYC told everyone initially to just go about their day as normal.... that worked out soooooooooooooooooo well for them didn't it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, PeteF said:

This is just like the "sorry can't have a PB&J sandwich at school, because little Johnny has a peanut allergy.  So instead of the at risk person taking precautions everyone else is denied.

My oldest daughter has nut allergies, pound sand dolt.

Your like the tool on a plane on a flight i was on once...lil boy had a severe nut allergy, some  dummy business man complained he had to give up his nuts....while the rest of the flight willingly gave em up.....  it was glorious watching him get abused verbally by the rest of the passengers due to his abject narcissism 

Go look in the mirror and be ashamed....

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Dave Archibald said:

I just received a delivery order from Walmart in Lanoka harbor. Waited over 2 weeks for a delivery date. half the items were out of stock!' Local shoprite has 1 hour wait to get in store.

Little background. I am 6'2, 290, always worked construction, Very strong! Very large human. 

Well, 12-24-19 started with fever, went to 104-105 for 2 days, Tried all the normal, 12-27 went to Deborah, spitting blood, fever of still 104-105. Immediately put me in ICU. Wife works in Deborah & knew shit was hitting the fan! Pumped full of antibiotics for 10 days. Went septic in the blood, Needed 2 transfusions. Finally cleared up, BUT blew out my kidneys, They are the first to go!

Now Dyalisis 3 days per week for life. They say most likely I had the virus!!!. Not sure if I can get again. That is the only explanation for the body going septic,

Oh, Forgot, Fu Up my left arm, cannot rack a 1911. have to rack right then grasp right. I know. use one of the revolvers!

I am so sorry Dave - plz try to look for the brightness in everyday...that brightness is in your avatar.  :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave Archibald said:

I wish you luck my friend, three years I was on dialysis before I received a transplant, going on 15 years since that time. Stay safe out there. I think its entirely possible that this was around 2-3 months prior then when they think it started just from the sheer lack of testing and no one really knowing what it was or what to look for.

• Agree 2