gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

2 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Recipe or it didn't happen !

That's an idea....hmmmmm

true ... probably the best-looking thing on this whole thread!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PeteF said:

Point of Order.

Pierogies can be cooked in assorted ways

https://www.mrstspierogies.com/cooking-instructions/

I know  I boil pierogies for a couple of minutes then strain them , and fry them in oil with garlic . until golden brown

Now that we're all well fed, maybe it's time to wake up and smell the Alinsky.

“Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and chance the future.”

So I've been seeing these things on Facebook so I decided to make one.   Mine is better :). 

The ones I see advertised are some various compositions of Brass.  Mine is 100% copper.  The best anti-microbial metal.

I lasered the germ-away.  

It's a door opener, button pusher.    I could put a hole in it for a keychain, but i'll carry it for now.  The button part should have bit a bit bigger, but it'll work.

germaway.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Informative 2

On 4/18/2020 at 8:31 PM, silverado427 said:

These are baked , The other two are boiled in water. 

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/07/easy-pie-dough-recipe.html

here you go shiny truck! You got this!

44 minutes ago, Malsua said:

So I've been seeing these things on Facebook so I decided to make one.   Mine is better :). 

The ones I see advertised are some various compositions of Brass.  Mine is 100% copper.  The best anti-microbial metal.

I lasered the germ-away.  

It's a door opener, button pusher.    I could put a hole in it for a keychain, but i'll carry it for now.  The button part should have bit a bit bigger, but it'll work.

germaway.jpg

I know copper kills , etc.  But how does it work with a door knob?:huh:

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/07/easy-pie-dough-recipe.html

here you go shiny truck! You got this!

Nope I don't need it, I have have a Germ-A Shepherd.  

IMG_2548.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • FacePalm 1

15 hours ago, Zeke said:

Door knobs are mostly at home.   Most commercial doors one might encounter, at an ATM Vestibule for example, have the Fixed door pull loop or plate.  On the outgoing side they have crash bars or the plates.   

4 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Now do it on a round door knob.

Who uses those anymore anyway?   Commercially, they don't pretty much don't exist anywhere on entrances/exits.

I don' t have a round door knob in my house either.     This thing is for public use in areas where bums who just sneezed covid-19 on their fingers are entering the establishment using their booger snot hands.

I've been cooking my phone everyday, figured it'd be fun to upload it.   This one is 300 Watts/inch.   We have 600Watt irradiators but they run so hot I'm concerned it'd really cook my phone.

This thing is running at 200-400NM wavelength.  Well into UVC which is a strong germicide.

Well the CDC found the virus alive and viable 17 days after the cruise ship was evacuated on the walls and cabins, And the CDC said it survived up to 3 hrs in the air. It is transmitted by bodily fluids and has even been found alive in peoples excrement, so I think it should be a pretty good guess it could be passed by biting and blood sucking insects Mosquitos, Ticks, etc. In act could probably be carried into your home o your shoes from someones spit on the sidewalk. So far I would say the experts are no more experts than anyone else with a bit of common sense.

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

Well the CDC found the virus alive and viable 17 days after the cruise ship was evacuated on the walls and cabins, And the CDC said it survived up to 3 hrs in the air. It is transmitted by bodily fluids and has even been found alive in peoples excrement, so I think it should be a pretty good guess it could be passed by biting and blood sucking insects Mosquitos, Ticks, etc. In act could probably be carried into your home o your shoes from someones spit on the sidewalk. So far I would say the experts are no more experts than anyone else with a bit of common sense.

Actually, that's not what they said.  They did not mention that it was viable, just that they found traces of it after 17 days.     It's extremely unlikely that it was infectious. 

As for "Survived" in the air, once again.  They found that droplets floating in the air had RNA traces on it.  At no point did they test the infectiousness of these traces.  They simply found traces.  It's not the same thing.

This does not mean they are infectious, nor does it mean they are not infectious.  It means they don't know.   The inoculum on those traces that survive for 3 hours may and probably are too small to be infectious. 

The virus would need to replicate in Mosquitoes and ticks to be infectious.  While it might make a great horror movie, it's exceptionally unlikely that there are Ace2 or CD147 receptors in either of those creatures. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1