gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

I still have leaves in my yard. :p

As do I, and I encourage anyone who lived through the horrible TP shortages earlier this year to come to my house this weekend and haul away as many as you possibly can.  Don't risk running out!  The most choice leaves are under the shrubs and forsythia bushes, so be sure and rake those out and take them with you.

• Haha 1

My wife and I got to our local BJ's a little before 9:00 this morning to take advantage of the senior hours.  As we were entering, I noticed that almost every person leaving had toilet paper in their cart.  After about ten minutes, they opened the doors to the rest of the public, and immediately there was a mad dash to the TP section.  Luckily, there was plenty there, so we grabbed some and some paper towels as well, but there definitely felt like that same sense of panic there that we experienced last spring, and I would bet that by the middle of the day all the paper goods were gone.  

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

For those of you who haven't, start stocking up NOW.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-hoarding-food-shortages-next-120000053.html

i had slipped and got complacent. the beginning of the panic was my wakeup call. thanks to that, i saw why my grandmom always had so dam much extra good in the house. mostly canned goods, and a bunch frozen. since then, i've bought a little extra every time i go shopping. i've got me n mom pretty well set for now.

• Like 1

Speaking of shortage, so I'm buying paint for our 2nd villa and they not only have very few cans of paint at Sherwin Williams, they have the NERVE to charge a 4% "Supply chain" fee.

I've never been a fan of Sherwin Williams, it's just that all the approved colors are Sherwin Williams coded.  Yes, I know homodepot can match it, but we just wanted to go grab the color and leave, not deal with some moron in the paint department out on work-release.

I could understand the FEE if you actually had the store stocked up.  Apparently, you let the stock go, didn't pay any extra to get more in, and just decided empty shelves was a good excuse to charge extra.

At least the new windows are supposed to be in soon.  We only ordered those at the end of April.   The supply chain was better during WWII when they were running around collecting pots from housewives to melt down for scrap.

• FacePalm 1

18 hours ago, Malsua said:

At least the new windows are supposed to be in soon.  We only ordered those at the end of April.   The supply chain was better during WWII when they were running around collecting pots from housewives to melt down for scrap.

The reaction button really needs an angry face emoji.  At the very least.

Jus' sayin'.

• Agree 1