gleninjersey

Prep For Quarantine / Pandemic

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Time to take a break from work and go for a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood......

I walk my pup every day in a local park... I'm NOT stopping...

They're going to have to drag me out in handcuffs...  :pardon:

• Like 1

Baltimore Mayor Begs Residents To Stop Shooting Each Other So Hospital Beds Can Be Used For Coronavirus Patients

March 18, 2020 at 11:23 am

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore Mayor Jack Young urged residents to put down their guns and heed orders to stay home after multiple people were shot Tuesday night amidst the coronavirus pandemic.

Young said hospital beds are needed to treat positive COVID-19 patients and not for senseless violence. Seven people were shot Tuesday night in the Madison Park neighborhood, as Baltimore reported its fifth positive coronavirus case Wednesday.

“I want to reiterate how completely unacceptable the level of violence is that we have seen recently,” Young said. “We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”

“For those of you who want to continue to shoot and kill people of this city, we’re not going to tolerate it,” Young implored. “We’re going to come after you and we’re going to get you.”

He urged people to put down their guns because “we cannot clog up our hospitals and their beds with people that are being shot senselessly because we’re going to need those beds for people infected with the coronavirus. And it could be your mother, your grandmother or one of your relatives. So take that into consideration.”

Commissioner Michael Harrison said the city has seen an uptick in violent crimes since Friday, including a mass shooting Tuesday night — where seven people were shot. Five people were transported to area hospitals via medics and two took private cars to the hospitals for treatment. All seven are in serious but stable condition.

Harrison said they are looking for a Silver Honda that was seen in the area.

A city officer who was on patrol in that microzone did engage with a person who’s believed to be a suspect in the shooting as the man was fleeing the scene.

The officer was not armed with the level of “deadly firepower” that the suspect had. The officer did fire his weapon, but Harrison said police don’t know if the officer struck the suspect.

The officer sustained some minor injuries in the incident and was treated.

The police department is increasing staffing in the areas where crime has increased.

“This incident remains open and under investigation,” Harrison said.

Police ask anyone with information in the case to call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-Lockup or call the city homicide unit at 410-316-2100.

• Haha 2
  • FacePalm 1

“For those of you who want to continue to shoot and kill people of this city, we’re not going to tolerate it,” Young implored. “We’re going to come after you and we’re going to get you.”

What's he been waiting for?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

11 minutes ago, WellRegulatedFelicia said:

I have not read all 30 pages so I do not know if this has been addressed- but I will say I am NOT turning everything in. I am praying they do not ask us to, because I honestly don't know what I would do in that scenario.

Turning what in?

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Just make sure you stay out of parks and playgrounds.... they're closed.... :nea:

58 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Being in the sticks and hills has its advantages - 

Image result for the hills are alive with the sound of music

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

At best they can "strongly encourage" you to go home...

:rofl:

This.

I'm not out a lot now anyway, but I don't anticipate much resistance if I do have to go somewhere, given the way the current order is written.

If there is more of a crackdown, I was given a "critical employee/critical industry" letter from my company yesterday, which is supposed to allow me to travel without hassle in NJ and PA.  The implication is that it's for travel between home and the work sites, but it doesn't actually have that limitation in the text.   Supposedly the police in NJ and PA will honor these 'transit papers', but we'll see.   I'll still be working from home almost exclusively, but waiting to hear of any horror stories from the road warriors.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

At best they can "strongly encourage" you to go home...

:rofl:

exactly, they don't have any authority to do this. i would, in the politest way possible, tell them its none of their business and to go fk themselves

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

What's he been waiting for?

And THIS time, they MEAN it!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 10X said:

This.

I'm not out a lot now anyway, but I don't anticipate much resistance if I do have to go somewhere, given the way the current order is written.

If there is more of a crackdown, I was given a "critical employee/critical industry" letter from my company yesterday, which is supposed to allow me to travel without hassle in NJ and PA.  The implication is that it's for travel between home and the work sites, but it doesn't actually have that limitation in the text.   Supposedly the police in NJ and PA will honor these 'transit papers', but we'll see.   I'll still be working from home almost exclusively, but waiting to hear of any horror stories from the road warriors.

You can save that for toilet paper, 'cause that's all it's good for.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

a few years ago when we had the nj gov't shutdown, they closed all state parks. i still rode my bike there every few days. i was completely by myself, it was amazing. one day a park ranger happened upon me when i was unloading. he's like, "you know the park is closed, yes?" i said, "yep". he said something like "this conversation never happened" and drove off...

• Like 1

From a Jersey Guy today......

"Just a heads up people this virus is serious. Your going to have major outbreaks in Monmouth and Ocean counties.    The hospitals really F_ck up . Never tested people moved them around floors for a week and when they crashed  they went HOLY SH_T. Happened to numerous people and in numerous hospitals. Have first hand knowledge because it happened to my family.  Guys I did 35 years in FDNY and this tops 9/11 and Sandy combined.  Older people and people with preexisting conditions should hide. It is so contagious. I can not stress the enough.  Basically 60% of the population have no symptoms but are contagious. 15% cold symptoms and 15% flu. But that 10 % it could be a death sentence..     Wish everyone the best stay safe." 

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

We're going to find out whether the cure (government response) kills both the virus and the patient (country).

Let’s hope thats not the case!

3 hours ago, WellRegulatedFelicia said:

I have not read all 30 pages so I do not know if this has been addressed- but I will say I am NOT turning everything in. I am praying they do not ask us to, because I honestly don't know what I would do in that scenario.

???

3 hours ago, WellRegulatedFelicia said:

Didn’t you lose all your guns in a boating accident, like the rest of us did?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Baltimore Mayor Begs Residents To Stop Shooting Each Other So Hospital Beds Can Be Used For Coronavirus Patients

March 18, 2020 at 11:23 am

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore Mayor Jack Young urged residents to put down their guns and heed orders to stay home after multiple people were shot Tuesday night amidst the coronavirus pandemic.

Young said hospital beds are needed to treat positive COVID-19 patients and not for senseless violence. Seven people were shot Tuesday night in the Madison Park neighborhood, as Baltimore reported its fifth positive coronavirus case Wednesday.

“I want to reiterate how completely unacceptable the level of violence is that we have seen recently,” Young said. “We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”

He urged people to put down their guns because “we cannot clog up our hospitals and their beds with people that are being shot senselessly because we’re going to need those beds for people infected with the coronavirus. And it could be your mother, your grandmother or one of your relatives. So take that into consideration.”

Commissioner Michael Harrison said the city has seen an uptick in violent crimes since Friday, including a mass shooting Tuesday night — where seven people were shot. Five people were transported to area hospitals via medics and two took private cars to the hospitals for treatment. All seven are in serious but stable condition.

Harrison said they are looking for a Silver Honda that was seen in the area.

A city officer who was on patrol in that microzone did engage with a person who’s believed to be a suspect in the shooting as the man was fleeing the scene.

The officer was not armed with the level of “deadly firepower” that the suspect had. The officer did fire his weapon, but Harrison said police don’t know if the officer struck the suspect.

The officer sustained some minor injuries in the incident and was treated.

The police department is increasing staffing in the areas where crime has increased.

“This incident remains open and under investigation,” Harrison said.

Police ask anyone with information in the case to call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-Lockup or call the city homicide unit at 410-316-2100.

Hang a sign " no murder allowed". Problem solved.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Hang a sign " no murder allowed". Problem solved.

I'd just tell all the gangbangers that the beds are reserved for corona patients. If you want to play gangbanger games, you are on your own. Best case, violence stops. Alternate best case is the gangs declare war and a ton of them bleed out in the street.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

Just make sure you stay out of parks and playgrounds.... they're closed.... :nea:

That makes as much sense as not driving on New Jersey's road between 8pm - 5am because..............you don't want to be driving when no one else is on the road?  If a police officer stops me and asks why I'm on the road, I'm liable to say "I just wanted to be sure you're OK".

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Handyman said:

I'd just tell all the gangbangers that the beds are reserved for corona patients. If you want to play gangbanger games, you are on your own. Best case, violence stops. Alternate best case is the gangs declare war and a ton of them bleed out in the street.

Let's face the facts!  The cops in places like Baltimore and Chicago don't aggressively go after the gangbanger's guns because they know that every dead hoodlum most likely reduces future crimes and killings!  Let them cull their own for the betterment of humanity!

Why would any sensible LEO try to stop them?  It's like multiple factions of cockroaches fighting and thus destroying each other. Getting rid of the bugs at no expense!  Less bugs = better lives for the law abiding......Why interfere with natural process when it works so well  in all species in nature?  Why interfere with natural selection?

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, 10X said:

This.

not a bad idea. i'll hafta type up one of those for myself tomorrow......

I've been hearing whispers about a "cure" for this thing for a couple days now and I didn't follow up.

So the French did a study with control.   Peer reviewed as well.

Using Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as standard doses.  

It cleared the virus in 6 days.  Gone.  Zero viral load.

He explains why it works, it changes the acidity of the cells hosting the virus and probably shut down the ability to replicate.

I suspect the conference being held this morning will be about this.

Watch the market soar if that's the case.

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

What conference?

I read somewhere that there was a press conference concerning the FDA that was supposed to take place Wed Night or Thursday morning.  Then I read it was at 10am.   Go figure, I can't find the article.

I'm not sure what's it's about.   I can hope it's this.

• Informative 1