Downtownv

Corona Virus-So you wonder how these things occur in China?

I'm Warning You!

This is difficult to watch

I have been to China 13 times and can tell you this is VERY typical of their Open Air food markets.

Sanitation doesn't exist in China.

Larry Fine.jpg

Yea, my wife has been to China multiple times to visit family. Not shocking.

Her grandmother had been told if she just drank lemon ginger tea with honey once a day, you wouldn't get the virus. And apparently a lot of people are believing that's all you have to do to not get sick.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Was that golden retriever on the menu???  :o

I hope not, this is why I won't look at the link, too many times I've seen mans best friend caged at the market like chickens waiting for slaughter. Ugh! 

41 minutes ago, siderman said:

I hope not, this is why I won't look at the link, too many times I've seen mans best friend caged at the market like chickens waiting for slaughter. Ugh! 

yea, good move not watching the video in that link......  :linksucks:       :crying:

3 hours ago, siderman said:

Most of what was shown in that video, I expected, but that part was really disturbing.... snakes, rats, bats and other rodents... whatever....., but the dogs.... :fuckyou:

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Most of what was shown in that video, I expected, but that part was really disturbing.... snakes, rats, bats and other rodents... whatever....., but the dogs.... :fuckyou:

Did you see they were just getting ready to club the cat to death when they moved out of frame?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

Did you see they were just getting ready to club the cat to death when they moved out of frame?

Unbelievable...  :no2:

I won't mention in this forum exactly what I'd do if I got my hands on a person who mistreats a dog or cat, but let's say, after a few minutes, it wouldn't be pretty...

• Like 2

Anyone been to Nam? The joke was 3 dogs and you're a rancher. One dog, VERY protective.

S Korea, Thailand, Phillipines, all quit common. We all heard why there's no cats around a chines restaurant, right?

There are VAST cultural differences around the world, But china is an unsanitary cess pool. I've taken a leak in some factory bathrooms and saw insects crawling on the walls that look like Sci-Fi movie.

• Informative 1

14 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

There are VAST cultural differences around the world

This part above is very true. I fully admit, I cringe when I see those dogs and cats about to be slaughtered - it makes me feel absolutely sick. That said (and I know this won't be popular to say)… but there are Hindus in India and other countries who believe cows are sacred and would think we Americans are absolute savages as we chomp down on our steak dinners. (And I admit, even I swore off veal when I was a teenager after I learned how they were raised... it really is barbaric. I haven't eaten it since. Not as a political statement... it's just that I can't enjoy it! But, I'm also not going to freak out if someone at my table orders a veal dish. Each to their own). So much of this is about income level, too. It's easy in a stable, 1st world country with a plentiful food supply to judge, and to say: "I won't eat this... or that" because you're not wildly poor, scratching out a meager existence, and staying one small step ahead of starvation. 

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

This part above is very true. I fully admit, I cringe when I see those dogs and cats about to be slaughtered - it makes me feel absolutely sick. That said (and I know this won't be popular to say)… but there are Hindus in India and other countries who believe cows are sacred and would think we Americans are absolute savages as we chomp down on our steak dinners. (And I admit, even I swore off veal when I was a teenager after I learned how they were raised... it really is barbaric. I haven't eaten it since. Not as a political statement... it's just that I can't enjoy it! But, I'm also not going to freak out if someone at my table orders a veal dish. Each to their own). So much of this is about income level, too. It's easy in a stable, 1st world country with a plentiful food supply to judge, and to say: "I won't eat this... or that" because you're not wildly poor, scratching out a meager existence, and staying one small step ahead of starvation. 

I completely agree, surprisingly I have no problem with people eating dog, cat or any other animals. As long as the animals are raised, transported and slaughtered in a sanitary, humane and quick painless way I have zero issue with it. But the conditions those animals in the video endured is sickening and stuff like that goes on all over the world every day. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

You see the same stuff in other countries - and not just Asian countries.  Iran (who was the cause of the first confirmed case in NYC) and other middle east countries.  Africa, South America.  Basically any place that's not a first world country, or has super rural regions.  

You do see some similarities in street markets in NYC and other places, but at least here we have a general semblance of hygiene.  

• Like 1