ChrisJM981

Transport question

I can't find any laws on transporting firearms that do not specifically reference either handguns or rifles & shotguns(with a FPIC). I'm confident I know the answer, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

2c:39-5
d.Other weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any other weapon under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as it may have is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

interesting wording there... so long u have it for a "legal" purpose you can transport it...

12 hours ago, InFamous said:

I actually was thinking the same exact thing. What are the laws for transporting an "Other Firearm". Do we follow long gun laws? Or do we follow handgun laws?

I'm wondering also because I can transport a handgun loaded in my vehicle but not a long gun. I asked the chief of police and he laughed, said he had no idea and then told me "dont ask and dont tell" lol

Obviously this is in NH not NJ

• Like 2

On 3/2/2020 at 10:59 PM, InFamous said:

I actually was thinking the same exact thing. What are the laws for transporting an "Other Firearm". Do we follow long gun laws? Or do we follow handgun laws?

There are laws for transporting firearms.. ALL FIREARMS.

Then there are laws about where and when you can transport a handgun....

Dont over think this.