ChrisS

Picked up the Henry Axe today

I had some trouble convincing a couple LGS’s that this firearm was indeed legal in NJ and also not a handgun. They had me second guessing myself so I called Henry directly. They told me they couldn’t legally provide information on the status of this firearm but told me to contact Caso’s in Jersey City as they are well versed with both Henry’s and NJ gun law. I called and asked about the Axe, and not only did they confirm it is a legal non-NFA firearm in NJ but that they had one in stock. I made the trip up there and had the pleasure of meeting Lisa. What a great shop. All my purchases are going to Caso’s from now on. 

After purchasing the Axe, I immediately drove down to my local range to test it out. It points so easily and the recoil is almost nonexistent. 

I’m putting my Henry .410 shotgun up for sale. This Axe is now my home defense gun. 

as an aside, I also purchased a Henry .410 single shot from Buds... waiting for it to show up at the FFL. They had it marked down to $259. I already own the Henry single shot 20g and love it so I figured that for $100 less than I could find anywhere else, it was worth it. 

summary:

1- the Axe is awesome

2- Caso’s Gun-A-Rama is awesome

3-Henry makes phenomenal firearms. 

935D0621-2D13-4F2C-BECF-006A7B49948A.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

I had some trouble convincing a couple LGS’s that this firearm was indeed legal in NJ and also not a handgun. They had me second guessing myself so I called Henry directly. They told me they couldn’t legally provide information on the status of this firearm but told me to contact Caso’s in Jersey City as they are well versed with both Henry’s and NJ gun law. I called and asked about the Axe, and not only did they confirm it is a legal non-NFA firearm in NJ but that they had one in stock. I made the trip up there and had the pleasure of meeting Lisa. What a great shop. All my purchases are going to Caso’s from now on. 

After purchasing the Axe, I immediately drove down to my local range to test it out. It points so easily and the recoil is almost nonexistent. 

I’m putting my Henry .410 shotgun up for sale. This Axe is now my home defense gun. 

as an aside, I also purchased a Henry .410 single shot from Buds... waiting for it to show up at the FFL. They had it marked down to $259. I already own the Henry single shot 20g and love it so I figured that for $100 less than I could find anywhere else, it was worth it. 

summary:

1- the Axe is awesome

2- Caso’s Gun-A-Rama is awesome

3-Henry makes phenomenal firearms. 

935D0621-2D13-4F2C-BECF-006A7B49948A.jpeg

Can I shoot it?

2 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Looks VERY cool!!!

Wouldn't be my first choice for home defense, but to each their own.

Enjoy!

Thank you!

If it were just me, it wouldn’t be my first choice either. Factoring in accessibility and medical conditions of family members, this is what works best. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:08 AM, 124gr9mm said:

Wouldn't be my first choice for home defense, but to each their own.

Or my tenth, but it's better than a sharp piece of steel or a chunk of wood with a handle.  Good luck dude.