I think it was two mornings ago it was totally unresponsive. The IP responded to pings, but no content returned. And the lag seems to be intermittent more often now.

3 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

Did the site blip? It wasn’t resolving about 15 mins ago. Every other website was resolving so not an ISP issue.

There was an issue a little bit ago - DNS resolution wasn't working - webhost had restarted the server and DNS lookups weren't working.  Thought I was the only one that noticed but I guess not.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:49 AM, siderman said:

Sop here. This forum is typically the least responsive, slowest and downright aggravating to me. Could be my home support system but almost all others sites I visit work in real time. Oh well.

What he said.

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

There was an issue a little bit ago - DNS resolution wasn't working - webhost had restarted the server and DNS lookups weren't working.  Thought I was the only one that noticed but I guess not.

Well next time, I'll check DNS resolution as well as IP Ping.

Well it's another morning taking around 30 seconds for a page to come up. And there's no DSN or network response time to the IP issues.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone watch the forum server performance when it acts like this? I'd be really curious to know where the bottleneck is.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, 45Doll said:

Well it's another morning taking around 30 seconds for a page to come up. And there's no DSN or network response time to the IP issues.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone watch the forum server performance when it acts like this? I'd be really curious to know where the bottleneck is.

Same today

Well here's what I get this morning trying for about four minutes to reach the 1st Amendment Lounge:

Gateway Timeout

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Additionally, a 504 Gateway Timeout error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

It's the backups.  Will mention it to Maks again.

OK, that would explain it. If we're doing disk to device backup and not running on something resembling a SAN with snapshots, beaucoup disk I/O. 

How about scheduling them around 2 AM, assuming they'd complete in less than four hours.

Sorry for the issues this morning, folks.  I think we have it figured out.  Some of you may have saw the "Site suspended" error message - no, we weren't suspended - that's the default backend webpage unfortunately.  It's misleading.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Sorry for the issues this morning, folks.  I think we have it figured out.  Some of you may have saw the "Site suspended" error message - no, we weren't suspended - that's the default backend webpage unfortunately.  It's misleading.  

Darn near gave me a heart attack!