AlDente67

Wow...Burger King, really?

really? Stopped in my local BK for a late lunch.  I love their shakes and whoppers every once in a blue moon.  I got one with cheese, small fries. And small shake.....$11.50!!!  That's a value meal?  That's insane

Did they switch to Kobi beef recently??

30 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

Man, my spellcheck took over.  I wrote Burger King in the title

You know, when you select the "edit" beneath your post... it WILL allow you to move your cursor up and also edit the title, just FYI. :)

I've done it many times on my own laptop. And if that's difficult from a phone (I don't access from my phone, so I don't know), I can edit it for you - just shoot me a PM.

10 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

really? Stopped in my local BK for a late lunch.  I love their shakes and whoppers every once in a blue moon.  I got one with cheese, small fries. And small shake.....$11.50!!!  That's a value meal?  That's insane

$15 hr. Min wage.....The customer pays for it. But honestly $11.50 is pretty normal these days for lunch pretty much anywhere you go. Oh and watch when using credit cards now...a lot of delis, bagel shops and retailers are making you pay a credit card transaction fee. Basically they are stating their posted prices reflect a "Cash discount" if you use a credit card it will add 4% convenience fee.

Their prices ARE going up...and I am going less and less because of it.

Smaller, non-chain resturaunts and diners are a much better value and have become more competitive price-wise.  The fast food joints are pricing themselves out of the market.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The wage is at 11 right now but goes up $1 each coming Jan but yes we are feeling the effects of its rising already. Funny this topic came up as I flew back up to Joisey a few days ago, got in late so went to Boston Market to treat myself to a decent $18 prime rib dinner. On the coupon was a buy one dinner get one free deal so next day got two good meals for $17 which included a must get $2 drink. That's $8.50 a meal and during a call with my wife we talked about that's cheaper and much better than a so called BK value meal. Like the Wise Men above said it's all about coupons these days. More of a Wendy's guy anyway but ain't cheap either. 

3 hours ago, GramGun79 said:

Oh and watch when using credit cards now...a lot of delis, bagel shops and retailers are making you pay a credit card transaction fee. Basically they are stating their posted prices reflect a "Cash discount" if you use a credit card it will add 4% convenience fee.

I didn’t think that was legal...

3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

It is, sorta.  One example.  For a long long time, gas stations could not do a CC surcharge, we saw only one price, now they all have two. Cash and credit. They got around that by offering a "cash discount", so it's not a surcharge.  But it's a surcharge.

19 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

100% legal as long as you post a sign somewhere stating what your doing. Its a new idea credit card processors came up with to make an 1.5-2% on their fees. Normally a business would pay on the average 2.5 - 3% of the sale. They created this program now so the business pays $0 and passes the cost onto the customer at a %4 rate.  How do i know? they call me every week trying to get me to switch all my delis over to it. Morally i do not think its right to do that. If my product cost more and i cant absorb the prices i will raise prices accordingly.  

9 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

100% legal as long as you post a sign somewhere stating what your doing. Its a new idea credit card processors came up with to make an 1.5-2% on their fees. Normally a business would pay on the average 2.5 - 3% of the sale. They created this program now so the business pays $0 and passes the cost onto the customer at a %4 rate.  How do i know? they call me every week trying to get me to switch all my delis over to it. Morally i do not think its right to do that. If my product cost more and i cant absorb the prices i will raise prices accordingly.  

Gotcha. I did not know this. I seem to remember that it wasn’t legal to pass this fee on to customers. Guess I’m mistaken. 

5 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

If my product cost more and i cant absorb the prices i will raise prices accordingly.  

When I worked at a computer shop (remember those?), we figured out what the price of an item should be, then added 3.5% because that's overhead, same as lights and transportation etc. , and that was THE price.  No surcharges, just working cost into the price.

23 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

I very rarely go to BK or McDonald's, or any of the so called junk food, if I want a Burger I rather spend a little more and go to five guys or shake shack. I know this is still considered junk food, but in my opinion just tastes better the the otters.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, Displaced Texan said:

Gotcha. I did not know this. I seem to remember that it wasn’t legal to pass this fee on to customers. Guess I’m mistaken. 

It was always legal. What it was, was against the terms of the card service agreement. So if the card companies are down with it now, it’s the new normal. 

On 3/8/2020 at 8:16 PM, Scorpio64 said:

Five Guys is expensive as hell, but it's tits.  Totally worth it every once in a while.  The champagne of hamburgers.

I was excited to try the 5 guys joint. Heard so much about them. I honestly could not finish one.  25(now 30) Burgers are so much better. More like something you'd make yourself. Plus the one near me has a bar attached. win win!

9 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

25(now 30) Burgers are so much better. More like something you'd make yourself. Plus the one near me has a bar attached. win win!

30 Burgers on 22 East? LOVE those burgers! And their sweet potato fries... and that delicious sauce they serve with them, also. Dammit, now I'm hungry, lol.

1 minute ago, xXxplosive said:

Pass that place all the time.....looks like a "Greasy Spoon"......afraid to eat in that joint in fear of a Bacteria Burger.

The building is probably one of the oldest diners in the state. I was going there in the 60s and it was old then. But really, it's part of the charm.