Greenday

Reloder 16 Loads 6.5 Creedmoor

Trying some alternatives for reloads. I've been using H4350 and 142gr SMK's. Haven't had a chance to shoot outdoors and chrono but I've been using 40.3 grains of H4350 and at 100 yards, 0.5 MOA is easy to achieve. But with Hodgdon being low on certain powders, I got a pound of Reloder 16 and IMR 4350 for testing alternatives. I also got some 120gr SMK's as at shorter ranges, 142gr is overkill. Can't find much info on RL16 and 120 SMKs. Sierra's handbook has data for RL15 and RL17 but not RL16. Anyone have some experience with this combo of 120s and RL16?

On 3/7/2020 at 9:46 PM, Greenday said:

Trying some alternatives for reloads. I've been using H4350 and 142gr SMK's. Haven't had a chance to shoot outdoors and chrono but I've been using 40.3 grains of H4350 and at 100 yards, 0.5 MOA is easy to achieve. But with Hodgdon being low on certain powders, I got a pound of Reloder 16 and IMR 4350 for testing alternatives. I also got some 120gr SMK's as at shorter ranges, 142gr is overkill. Can't find much info on RL16 and 120 SMKs. Sierra's handbook has data for RL15 and RL17 but not RL16. Anyone have some experience with this combo of 120s and RL16?

No experience reloading 6.5 Creedmoor, but there's data out there for that powder/bullet weight combination: 

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2018/10/alliant-reloder-16-great-powder-for-match-cartridges/