JackDaWack

Mt. Olive Mayor supports NJ gun laws

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/news/2020/03/why-a-republican-led-town-shot-down-an-idea-to-take-a-pro-gun-stance.html%3foutputType=amp

Apparently he believes in illegal seizure of his constituents firearms under NJs current law, among other laws, and believes in mandatory training. 

If you live or know someone who lives in this town it might be worth the time to have the mayor elaborate his support for these draconian laws. And replace his ass.

He's actually a great Mayor...but yes @DeerSlayer and I had a few words with him on FB when this article was posted in a local FB group. 

His point is to not politicize the township by dragging it into a controversial topic regardless of what that topic is. Is his stance on 2A wrong and unconstitutional? Yes, and we told him exactly that and why he was incorrect in his statements. 

On that note, MOPD is actually very pro 2A and does nothing to stand in the way of getting permits. All paperwork (before FARS) and any permits waiting to be picked up are even at the dispatch window available 24/7. If I have permits ready to be picked up I could walk in at 2am and get them if I wanted to. 

Mayor Rob Greenbaum said he supports red flag laws, background checks and requiring training before someone is allowed to purchase a weapon.

Another thing, I've never seen Greenbaum say he's in favor of Red Flag Laws. The statement about that in this article is bullshit IMO. The other two things he said straight to me which is when we went at him. 

I know this article is posted today, but the original one when the resolution didn't pass was a few weeks ago. 

6 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

So he wont openly support the 2a because it would upset the Democrats in town? Or he wont support the resolution because he believes in NJ's idea of gun control? Sounds like both?

He's worried about town issues, not state or national issues. Mt. Olive does not interfere with law abiding residents from obtaining firearms within NJ's current guidelines, so he does not see this as an issue he needs to take a stance on. That is my interpretation of his statement to me. 

He's 100% wrong on his idea of what the 2A is, if he states he is a supporter, and I told him that. 

• Informative 1

12 hours ago, InFamous said:

Another thing, I've never seen Greenbaum say he's in favor of Red Flag Laws. The statement about that in this article is bullshit IMO. The other two things he said straight to me which is when we went at him. 

I know this article is posted today, but the original one when the resolution didn't pass was a few weeks ago. 

If his quote holds true, then he should work to have everyone who buys a knife, baseball bat or hammer background checked.