JohnnyB

Price gouging on essentials! Gone totally nuts!

5 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I didn't see that ....please share !

I'll do my best to try and find it, or relay it if I see it again.  The good thing about the information age is we have a ton more data to process than ever before.  The bad thing is, we have a ton more data to process than ever before, and it can be hard at times to know what's wheat and what chaff.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sota said:

I'll do my best to try and find it, or relay it if I see it again.  The good thing about the information age is we have a ton more data to process than ever before.  The bad thing is, we have a ton more data to process than ever before, and it can be hard at times to know what's wheat and what chaff.

AGREED INFORMATIONAL OVERLOAD !

I talk about this very item when we design for clients and the larger security applications - I like to think that *I* coined the phrase 'Management by Exception' - LMAO.

When to much data comes in - no one can easily seperate the wheat

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I still dont understand the Tp and papertowl panic buying... it's the one thing we make plenty of right here in the US.

The tp thing makes some sense. If you have to self isolate for a few weeks you need your essentials in order to do so. 
the paper towels are probably due to people like my wife going nuts with the disinfecting off things... which they use lots of paper towels for. 

14 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

The tp thing makes some sense. If you have to self isolate for a few weeks you need your essentials in order to do so. 
the paper towels are probably due to people like my wife going nuts with the disinfecting off things... which they use lots of paper towels for. 

TP only makes sense if you are buying TP every few days.  Does anyone actually do that?  I buy a 20 roll scott and it lasts us like 4 months or even longer I couldn't tell you because I buy it so infrequently.  I suppose if you have a kid that burns a roll per use or something.  Geeze, just take a shower and

51wtNxBkCCL._SX466_.jpg

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Malsua said:

TP only makes sense if you are buying TP every few days.  Does anyone actually do that?  I buy a 20 roll scott and it lasts us like 4 months or even longer I couldn't tell you because I buy it so infrequently.  I suppose if you have a kid that burns a roll per use or something.  Geeze, just take a shower and

51wtNxBkCCL._SX466_.jpg

Poop then shower..

#savethetp

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

They must. There are 4 pack rolls on the shelf.

When I was single, living alone, 4 pack was a month at least.  Never went through more than a roll a week.

Do these people suddenly go from that to buying 96 rolls?  Why?  Is there any supply chain issue with TP?  As far as i know, and I'm pretty up on these things, most TP is made in North America, including of course Mexico and Canada.   Essentially wherever you see commercial tree farming, you'll find TP manufacturing.  There is NO issue with supply.  These nitwits buying several years of TP are fascinating.   They really are sheep.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

That's the problem, you have idiots buying years' worth of supplies and emptying store shelves. But those people who buy for a few weeks at a time are shit out of luck when they rune out.

I have 4 people in the house and normally go thru around 2 rolls a week. I have a party at my house this weekend and have 3 rolls left. So yes, i'm in a bit of a panic.

53 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I have 4 people in the house and normally go thru around 2 rolls a week. I have a party at my house this weekend and have 3 rolls left. So yes, i'm in a bit of a panic.

Don't people always ask what they should bring to a party? Tell 'em TP. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Malsua said:

51wtNxBkCCL._SX466_.jpg

Lots of people buy week to week. They may not have a sense of scale.  

Also just for perspective, I’ve only got a family of three to worry about. Let’s say I goes like the last bout of school plague ripping through the place. Kid got it. Wife got it about 5 days later. I got it about 5 days after that. That’s 24 days of social isolation for the household for covid-19.

I buy by the cube at Costco. It’s usually good for about 2 months and change. 

But if I wanted to avoid stores for the next 60-90 days I’d need two cubes. 

Now a guy I work with has seven kids. I don’t know how they usually stock up for normal operations, but if they use it ata similar rate, they are going through 1.5 cubes per month. If they have a chain of infection just 3 days between each they are at a month and a half isolation. 

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Let's face it, we women pretty much always have a reason to be mad at you guys!

Why is that always true? Even if it's legitimate or not.

12 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I think it's good for you - keeps you on your toes.:rofl:

Ahhhh, no... we don't need that type of help... :pardon:

• Haha 1