Bklynracer

Ammo prices and availability

56 minutes ago, WP22 said:

...1500-2000....

are you sure you aren't missing a few zeroes?

Nah...  like others have said,  i have enough on hand.  the reloading is my mental escape,  I don’t need to roll thousands of rounds.  Just enough to supplement my range stash.

5 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

Nah...  like others have said,  i have enough on hand.  the reloading is my mental escape,  I don’t need to roll thousands of rounds.  Just enough to supplement my range stash.

Was just thinking the same thing.  If life slows-down for awhile, it might just be time to get the reloader up and running.

Anyone ordering ammo online keep in mind that it looks like it is gonna take a while to ship and get to you. On midway usa, they only have standard shipping and if you buy now it will take up to the 23rd to get to you as of right now

All the big stores stores up here are out of the common stuff.  I know it's getting tough - my ffl just asked if I could "loan" him a case or two.   He can't keep it on the shelves snd can't get new shipments fast enough.

I was hanging out in the store today and was amazed at how busy it was.  Nuts...

"States of emergency" can equal "no gun/ammo sales while in effect"

Also, a couple months ago, the prospect of Angry Joe in the White House was unthinkable.  Now, it's a possibility.

It's 2013/2015 again!

Maybe grab that cheap ammo and AR lowers while you can?

4 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Imagine that, and there wasn't a single mass AR15 shooting anywhere.

Maybe the Dems shouldn't hype up pandemics either...

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Also, a couple months ago, the prospect of Angry Joe in the White House was unthinkable.  Now, it's a possibility.

It's 2013/2015 again!

If you can still get the cheap stuff

9 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Anyone ordering ammo online keep in mind that it looks like it is gonna take a while to ship and get to you. On midway usa, they only have standard shipping and if you buy now it will take up to the 23rd to get to you as of right now

Target sports updated their shipping times to reflect delays of 10 days.  

@PK90 what type of guns are people buying, I am curious. Recently I got an 12 gauge H&R Pardner  Protector Pump from an other forum member. I was also reading some news articles about the increase in gun sales and it is mostly firearms such as AR-15s, and other defensive minded  firearms. 

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

@PK90 what type of guns are people buying, I am curious. Recently I got an 12 gauge H&R Pardner  Protector Pump from an other forum member. I was also reading some news articles about the increase in gun sales and it is mostly firearms such as AR-15s, and other defensive minded  firearms. 

3 ARs, 1 Shotty, 7 Pistols, 3 Revolvers, 5 Transfers, plus bulk 9mm, 5.56, and 12GA ammo.

Just got home from a shop. Prices are the same as what I've been paying since at least the summer. No stock on 5.56. I grabbed a case of 9mm and a case of .223; they are limiting qty per person.

With the exception of the .223 I would classify today's purchase as normal. I go through more 9mm than any other caliber from competitions. I had planned to get two cases. The .223 was because no 5.56 and I have the least of those calibers on hand.

The shop was about typical of what I've seen there on any given Saturday. Except for the person with his running suv parked outside the door in a fire lane loaded to the gills with paper products (couldn't tell if towels or TP). I've been contemplating getting an AR in .22 for awhile now, and on the drive there thought I'd ask what they had. Then I thought about the NICS backlog I saw here, and decided to pass. I'm also trying to "be good financially".

9 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I've been contemplating getting an AR in .22 for awhile now, and on the drive there thought I'd ask what they had. Then I thought about the NICS backlog I saw here, and decided to pass.

Get the S&W M&P 15-22.  It won't help you much defensively, but it's great fun to shoot.  It's the favorite gun of every new shooter I take to the range. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Glock guy said:

Get the S&W M&P 15-22.  It won't help you much defensively, but it's great fun to shoot.  It's the favorite gun of every new shooter I take to the range. 

That was my plan, I have the M&P Sport in 5.56 already. The .22 would be for fun and more affordable trigger time than the 5.56. I predict my wife would enjoy it as well. She's already claimed my .22 pistol as her gun. I married well.

Dollar cost averaging. I believe in buying whenever you can to add to your ammo fort. When ammo is especially cheap, buy more. 

If you are taking this opportunity to bulk buy now, you are doing it wrong. Times of calm are the times to buy. Not just ammo....

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

That was my plan, I have the M&P Sport in 5.56 already. The .22 would be for fun and more affordable trigger time than the 5.56. I predict my wife would enjoy it as well. She's already claimed my .22 pistol as her gun. I married well.

My wife has one in Muddy Girl Purple. It's her favorite. Just having trouble finding an optic she's comfortable with. Tried a standard 3x9 she can't pick up the cross hairs. It takes her 30 seconds or more with every shot. Tried a red dot she doesn't like that there's no magnification and the same can't find the dot issue. Not sure what to try next.

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

ammo, as I'm seeing it, is up maybe 3 ish % delivered.  It's still cheap but with the rush to buy, it will probably go up near term then fade back down

Probably will, right after people blow through their paychecks buying toilet paper.

14 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

If you are taking this opportunity to bulk buy now, you are doing it wrong. Times of calm are the times to buy. Not just ammo....

If you're doing that NOW, you're already behind the curve...

I ordered 2 cases of 22lr at normal price 2 days ago... let's see how much I can get for a brick in a months lol

Its oos now.

Realistically speaking, Ammo has been cheap and even rebated the past couple years.. if you all of a sudden have money to stock up now.. why not then? even a month ago would have been a good time.

3 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Most name brands 9mm and 45's are gone online from most vendors

Get odd ball cartridges and stock up on them.  

i.e, 357 Sig, 10mm, 327 Federal Magnum.  Then buy a gun in those calibers.  Done

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Get odd ball cartridges and stock up on them.  

i.e, 357 Sig, 10mm, 327 Federal Magnum.  Then buy a gun in those calibers.  Done

Or if your gun can do this, a simple barrel and magazine change might do also.