Bklynracer

Ammo prices and availability

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/15/gun-sales-surging-citizens-react-possibility-civil-unrest/

An article on Breitbart by AWR Hawkins about people stocking up and buying guns in anticipation of civil unrest.  Mentions a doctor who said, “I want to buy a handgun, I think they call it a Glock, but I’m not sure. I have a house and a family, and they’ll need protection if things get worse. The fear is that civil services will break down.”  Sounds new to firearms. I wonder what his stance on them was before now?

16 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/15/gun-sales-surging-citizens-react-possibility-civil-unrest/

An article on Breitbart by AWR Hawkins about people stocking up and buying guns in anticipation of civil unrest.  Mentions a doctor who said, “I want to buy a handgun, I think they call it a Glock, but I’m not sure. I have a house and a family, and they’ll need protection if things get worse. The fear is that civil services will break down.”  Sounds new to firearms. I wonder what his stance on them was before now?

And those California residents will really appreciate the 10 day waiting period for completion if the SHTF this week, won't they?

Something to note, yesterday I was at Dicks Sporting Goods in Union just looking around the camping section and I came across the gun counter. When I am there (I don't go usually because of their second amendment stance) I noticed some interesting details. All the 22lr rifles and bolt action rifles were still on the shelves but the shotguns and the lever action rifles like Marlins were in short supply. Any shotgun with an 18 to 21 inch barrel were off the shelves and I began to noticed the line developing at the gun counter. There was a young mother with her two children, a women in her late 40s, a man in his late 20s early 30s, an Asian man and a few other people, I would say there was about 8 people their. All looking to buy ammo such as 12 gauge buckshot and slugs, 5.56, and service handgun loads. The man in his late 20s was looking to buy a shotgun but couldn't buy one at dicks because their nics system was down or the sales associate that handles firearm sales was not around. I directed him to several different gun shops in the area and wished him on his way. The Asian man was looking to buy some shells for a recently purchased coach gun and stevens 320 and didn't know what types of shells to get. The sales associate their looked like a young kid and couldn't help him and I was able to help in getting defensive loads for his shotgun. He had to pay a premium for 12 gauge slugs since they didn't have any 12 gauge buckshot but I told him to try ordering online at various online retailers. They were out on 12 gauge buckshot, 556, and many of the service handgun loads

The lesson I learned about my extersion at dicks is something we all know, 1: People are buying guns and ammo and 2: quite a few of those buyers are new into the firearms world and they may need some guidance. Sometimes wisdom is free. 

• Like 2

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

I'm telling you, we are fragmented and that hurts us.  If all gun owners voted enmasse we'd be unstoppable

I agree with you man, we got to unite, hopefully these new gun owners that are getting into guns now will now cheerish their right and the next time some politician tells them they don't need their gun will be voted out. If this crisis teaches people one thing, and believe me their is plenty of lessons to learn from this, is that if it hits the fan, you are in charge of your own personal safety and defense and first responders may get their too late. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'm telling you, we are fragmented and that hurts us.  If all gun owners voted enmasse we'd be unstoppable

Ha.... they can't even decide what to call mystery meat that comes in a round, cloth bag... or how to cook ribs.. you're really asking a lot! :dancer:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Any shotgun with an 18 to 21 inch barrel were off the shelves and I began to noticed the line developing at the gun counter.

Kind of noticed same thing in Wayne. Saw a woman with what seemed like a 15-16 year old with here,  the 2 people who were already buying were just guys getting a good deal, really didn't pay mind to anyone else. 

Just now, Bklynracer said:

Kind of noticed same thing in Wayne. Saw a woman with what seemed like a 15-16 year old with here,  the 2 people who were already buying were just guys getting a good deal, really didn't pay mind to anyone else. 

The only gun shop I been to last week was Cheyenne Gunsmithing and Firearms in Manville, and it is more like a kitchen table ffl so not much inventory. I will venture into some other gunshops in NJ to see what they have left. Perhaps pick up some more ammo, we will see if they have some left. But I do have a permit that is coming up on the 24th so that might take the priority in the gun fund. 

8 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Had an anti-gun friend text me this evening asking what gun to buy just in case.

It's true what they say about there are no atheist in foxholes...

Did you tell him it takes six months to get an FID/permit in NJ because the state ignores its own laws with impunity? Best of luck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Had an anti-gun friend text me this evening asking what gun to buy just in case.

It's true what they say about there are no atheist in foxholes...

Tell him to go the nearest gun show and use the famous gun show loophole or tell him to order one from Budds and have it shipped to his house.  And then tell him to GFH. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

Did you tell him it takes six months to get an FID/permit in NJ because the state ignores its own laws with impunity? Best of luck!

Maybe some morons eyes will finally open... but then again they get no sympathy from me right now.

• Like 1

My sister is anti gun and live in italy... I posted my preparedness kit to our family chat, she said she was happy she didnt have a gun, because no one else did either. 

A) I'm sure some people in italy have guns

And 

B) other sharp and blunt objects kill more people every year already. 

She didnt like either of those two responses.

6 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

My sister is anti gun and live in italy... I posted my preparedness kit to our family chat, she said she was happy she didnt have a gun, because no one else did either. 

A) I'm sure some people in italy have guns

And 

B) other sharp and blunt objects kill more people every year already. 

She didnt like either of those two responses.

Not to mention C) "There's three of us and one of you".

• Agree 1

Your ammo update of the day. 

Cheyenne Gunsmithing and Firearms in Manville: ammo sold out and said distributors may run out of guns to sell in a week. 

Middlebrook firearms in Greenbrook: all out of 223/556, 40 s&w, 45 acp, 308, (I believe 357 mag too if I heard right) 5 box limit.

On 3/13/2020 at 7:33 PM, The_Matrix said:

Maybe, just maybe, the weather is getting warmer and people go shooting more (outside) hence people buying more ammo to shoot. :preved:

The issue came up while waiting for NICS  percolate through the NJ quagmire. It's a bunch of smaller increases in demand colliding with the fact that a big lead shipment from china was late. This affected manufacturer's ability to deliver, which affected distributors, etc. 

Now you will have other covid related measures impacting manufacturing, sales, distribution and delivery. 

I wonder if we'll have primer supplies impacted. If there's ever been a factory job that has social isolation baked in, it's gotta be booking primers. 

42 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Your ammo update of the day. 

Cheyenne Gunsmithing and Firearms in Manville: ammo sold out and said distributors may run out of guns to sell in a week. 

Middlebrook firearms in Greenbrook: all out of 223/556, 40 s&w, 45 acp, 308, (I believe 357 mag too if I heard right) 5 box limit.

Thanks Dude! Hopefully you're covered. 

6 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

I am but figure more is always better. I am just reporting on some of my findings for the day. I am gonna try out rtsp in union tomorrow, I heard they have ammo.

Chances are you are going to pay out the ass for it there... better off taking a ride out to Cabelas or some Walmart in PA that carries ammo. Just call before you go to make sure they are open. Gov Wolf is trying to shut down all non-essential stores.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, carl_g said:

Chances are you are going to pay out the ass for it there... better off taking a ride out to Cabelas or some Walmart in PA that carries ammo. Just call before you go to make sure they are open. Gov Wolf is trying to shut down all non-essential stores.

had a family trip to camelback this past weekend. Ran into the local walmart on mount pocono for room snacks and drinks. They had a lot of various ammo in stock and on the shelf. Especially shotgun ammo. And a few guns in the gun case for sale... Just an FYI for anyone up in NW NJ..