Bklynracer

Ammo prices and availability

Just now, eyeinstine said:

had a family trip to camelback this past weekend. Ran into the local walmart on mount pocono for room snacks and drinks. They had a lot of various ammo in stock and on the shelf. Especially shotgun ammo. And a few guns in the gun case for sale... Just an FYI for anyone up in NW NJ.

Yes but NO rifle ammo.....Screw them!  I will never give Walmart ANY of my business......They are no better than Dick's!:mad:

6 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

had a family trip to camelback this past weekend. Ran into the local walmart on mount pocono for room snacks and drinks. They had a lot of various ammo in stock and on the shelf. Especially shotgun ammo. And a few guns in the gun case for sale... Just an FYI for anyone up in NW NJ..

What type of ammo do you remember seeing? Anything defensive minded?

5 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Yes but NO rifle ammo.....Screw them!  I will never give Walmart ANY of my business......They are no better than Dick's!:mad:

i Know i saw some rifle ammo.. 30-06, 6.5, etc..  It was in the locked glass cases behind the counter.  Some rifles in the rack too..  Shotgun ammo was out on the open shelf, could just grab boxes and put in your cart..

unfortunely, i wasnt looking for ammo, or anything really gun related. Just swung through that department out of curiosity as to how it compared to the stores here nj...  It was nice to see ammo on the open shelf, guns in the rack, and a whole aisle of supplies.. claening stuff, cold blue, even a shelf of holsters..  What a difference compared to this damn state...

6 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

What type of ammo do you remember seeing? Anything defensive minded?

sorry, i really didnt take notice... i wasnt ammo shopping at the time.. in hind sight, i should have grabbed some stuff!

What i do recall seeing seemed to be mostly hunting type rounds in shotgun and rifle..

23 hours ago, Sniper said:

Who knew that my lead/brass investments would be worth more than my stock market investments! :drinks: 

Technically, ammunition is an excellent commodity to keep on hand.  As apposed to precious metals and paper money, ammunition will NEVER be worth zero.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Technically, ammunition is an excellent commodity to keep on hand.  As apposed to precious metals and paper money, ammunition will NEVER be worth zero.

My wife never thought so...

Today she does!!  Winning!! :yahoo:

• Like 1