blksheep

NICS is DEEP TODAY

7 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Technically, By Law the FFL is to do business only at the address listed on their FFL

If you're asking if the Pink Card (Or FFL) can make Home Deliveries? Technically NO! But.............

Good to know. It's a moot point anyway, as I am still waiting on my pink card. I musta been wrong.

6 hours ago, PK90 said:

The National NICS was down a few hours yesterday. Got my checks in after hours. I normally have 10% go pending. It is now 30%. The Brady Date is still at 3 days.

I read something the other day that they were attempting to circumvent that 3 day limit, cant find it now, but trying to use some stupid excuse if they shut the system down..

31 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Technically, By Law the FFL is to do business only at the address listed on their FFL

If you're asking if the Pink Card (Or FFL) can make Home Deliveries? Technically NO! But.............

I dont know anything about this so might as well ask, can a check be done with out the person present? if they submit their paperwork to you Id's etc.. point of sale at the FFL, and they bring the firearm to you?

not sure what the law says in regards.

4 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I read something the other day that they were attempting to circumvent that 3 day limit, cant find it now, but trying to use some stupid excuse if they shut the system down..

Federally, if NICs does not respond in 3 business days (not including holidays) the FFL has the discreation to release the weapon.

NJ says they do not allow that BUT, there is no LAW to support their position. That being said - most FFL's in NJ wont do it.......

4 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I dont know anything about this so might as well ask, can a check be done with out the person present? if they submit their paperwork to you Id's etc.. point of sale at the FFL, and they bring the firearm to you?

not sure what the law says in regards.

Legally, the FFL must have the customer fill out the 4473 prior to doing the NICS check. A NICs could be done BUT if the NICS is denied, it must be kept in a separate file, and the NJSP & ATF have a record. When the FFL is audited, they will ask for the 4473, and if it isn't filled out by the customer - the FFL can get in trouble.......

26 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

And what do you think they will do?

more than I or any other single person in this state....

Based on their current action in the state against municipalities closing down permits, i'm guessing they were waiting for this.

I can't imagine NICS is going to be down long. I just processed a NICS check for a LEO friend of mine for a handgun that he needs to carry as a duty gun. How is that non essential? Some departments - like Jersey City require their officers to buy their duty guns. They are going stop them getting a pistol?

Just now, Oakridgefirearms said:

I can't imagine NICS is going to be down long. I just processed a NICS check for a LEO friend of mine for a handgun that he needs to carry as a duty gun. How is that non essential? Some departments - like Jersey City require their officers to buy their duty guns. They are going stop them getting a pistol?

log on and read the board.......

The state has finally figured out a way to turn the lawful supply spigot off.

I guess this means that the prices at The Juan, Jose and DeShawn Gunshop (66 Impala trunk) will be going up.

But the MJ Dispensaries must stay open.  And I bet the abortion clinics do too. After all, they're more constitutional than the 2A.

46 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

New Jersey just shut down the NICS process.

No NICS checks can be submitted after 9pm tonight until further notice...............

my FFL submitted my nics middle of the afternoon today. So if im understanding this, mine will still get processed. Just nothing more past 9pm tonight.

Ballpark guess when mine will come back?  Im thinking monday-ish....

And its good for 30 days, so could buy more guns through this ffl for 30 days after the proceed from nics comes back...?

8 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

my FFL submitted my nics middle of the afternoon today. So if im understanding this, mine will still get processed. Just nothing more past 9pm tonight.

Ballpark guess when mine will come back?  Im thinking monday-ish....

And its good for 30 days, so could buy more guns through this ffl for 30 days after the proceed from nics comes back...?

If said FFL is open. Remember- Gun shops are not on the essential list, so they are supposed to be closed. Just sayin'

10 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

If said FFL is open. Remember- Gun shops are not on the essential list, so they are supposed to be closed. Just sayin'

@Oakridgefirearms

might actual fall under a hardware store... ?

Shit, arent guns hardware anyway?

58 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

@Oakridgefirearms

might actual fall under a hardware store... ?

Shit, arent guns hardware anyway?

I'll be open since my  business is classified as a "home improvement" store. I suppose "hardware store" could also be accurate. Regardless, I sell home heating products such as pellet fuel and firewood as well as hay which can be used as animal feed - essential products.

Back in the day the main place to buy guns was in hardware stores. I still remember one or two that were in NJ that sold guns.

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

Can't add more guns to a NICS check after it's submitted.

16 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I'll be open since my  business is classified as a "home improvement" store. I suppose "hardware store" could also be accurate. Regardless, I sell home heating products such as pellet fuel and firewood as well as hay which can be used as animal feed - essential products.

Back in the day the main place to buy guns was in hardware stores. I still remember one or two that were in NJ that sold guns.

Can't add more guns to a NICS check after it's submitted.

Sure you can!

As long as the customer does not leave the premises, you can add as many long guns (only 1 HG unless he has an exemption) to the 4473 as the cust. wants........

On 3/21/2020 at 9:35 PM, always_an_eagle said:

There goes extending my pistol permits

I called my town on Monday about renewing my permits that expired on Thursday. They told me they will renew them to 180 days from original issue date after the panic dies down.

3 minutes ago, Bigdaddyhall said:

Any FFLs get any NICS processed today? My NICS was submitted @ 11 AM on Saturday. I know no new NICS applications but I’m hoping anything in the pipeline will get processed

I'm still waiting on 7Am Friday 3/20 - so two days back as of tonight......