blksheep

NICS is DEEP TODAY

15 minutes ago, Bigdaddyhall said:

Any FFLs get any NICS processed today? My NICS was submitted @ 11 AM on Saturday. I know no new NICS applications but I’m hoping anything in the pipeline will get processed

Im in the same boat..  Has one submitted about noon on saturday.. Havnt heard from my FFL yet, so fingers crossed!

12 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

I'm still waiting on 7Am Friday 3/20 - so two days back as of tonight......

Did you have any come through since saturday at the 9pm shutdown for new submissions??

12 hours ago, dajonga said:

I called my town on Monday about renewing my permits that expired on Thursday. They told me they will renew them to 180 days from original issue date after the panic dies down.

If you don't mind me asking, but what town was that? I am in Watchung, and talked to the sergeant in charged of the firearm stuff in town and he said to get back to him next monday, so we will see. I put a deposit down on a S&W model 37 at my LGS and permits expire on April 6th,  so we will see what happens.

18 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Im in the same boat..  Has one submitted about noon on saturday.. Havnt heard from my FFL yet, so fingers crossed!

Did you have any come through since saturday at the 9pm shutdown for new submissions??

Yes, we got some back today, but my next pending was submitted on Friday at 7am - still waiting on that one, and all the others submittd before the cutoff...............

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

I have several behind that one, that is just the next due to me. There are other dealers both ahead & behind me

Last one I got back was submitted Thursday 3/19 around 3:30pm. Haven't gotten back any from Friday

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Yes, we got some back today, but my next pending was submitted on Friday at 7am - still waiting on that one, and all the others submittd before the cutoff...............

Thanks! Good to know theres still hope..  i have my last permit in hand, already been extened, and will expire on 4/6...  FFL has been holding a private transaction hand gun for while i was waiting to get out of OGM jail... Of course saturday was day 31...  Hoping this NICS from saturday comes through so i can take posession of a gun i already paid for 3 weeks ago!

1 minute ago, eyeinstine said:

Thanks! Good to know theres still hope..  i have my last permit in hand, already been extened, and will expire on 4/6...  FFL has been holding a private transaction hand gun for while i was waiting to get out of OGM jail... Of course saturday was day 31...  Hoping this NICS from saturday comes through so i can take posession of a gun i already paid for 3 weeks ago!

be Patient - This too will pass.................... 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

be Patient - This too will pass.................... 

unfortunetly, no patience left when dealing with this c*cksucker Murphy and his games....  Other than that, im pretty darn patient.. maybe too much... my girlfriend calls me a lazy ahole often... :rofl:

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

If you don't mind me asking, but what town was that? I am in Watchung, and talked to the sergeant in charged of the firearm stuff in town and he said to get back to him next monday, so we will see. I put a deposit down on a S&W model 37 at my LGS and permits expire on April 6th,  so we will see what happens.

I am in Berkeley Township, Ocean County. My permits expired on the 17th. I called them on the 16th and said "I can come in today and get them renewed, or I can wait until this all settles down." They said they would prefer me to come back later and would renew them to 180 days from issue date. It's a moot point as I probably will not use any of them given the projected economic reality of post-covid19.

2 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I don't think they processed any checks today. I got one back yesterday morning from Friday 3/20 put in around 12:45pm, still waiting as of now for some checks put in Friday 3/20 either side of 5pm

That's because there's one little old lady manning the NICS unit.

And her narcolepsy makes getting anything done very, VERY difficult! :mad:

I'm still waiting on 8:30 PM form 3/20 (Friday)

Best we can track - NICs is doing approx. 100-150 checks a day, and there were 1200 in the que on Sat

So, it would seem that possibly, they will be cleared out of all checks by next Friday (Possibly) but this is

just my educated guess......

• Thanks 1

This is my Opinion:

As a dealer, I hate the way the state runs the NICS unit, but I don't blame the civilian workers - I blame their management. That being said, I know they are on a reduced / rotating staff due to the covid-19 regulation in the office. I believe the thinking is that since the dealers are closed there is no rush because even if the NICs check come back, most dealers are closed so there isn't supposed to be any business conducted anyway - just a guess.

Not saying any of this is right, just saying that with 2-3 people in the office at one time, and over a thousand checks to go through - it's going to take time. Too many people forget that back during the Sandy Hook shooting time frame, we dealers had to fax in the checks and people were waiting 3-4 weeks to get one back! 

Relax, Just get some rest, enjoy time with your family and Thank God you have your health - we'll get through this.............

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Not saying any of this is right, just saying that with 2-3 people in the office at one time, and over a thousand checks to go through - it's going to take time.

Since everything is online, what exactly do they do to have "2-3" people only move "100-150" a day?

Sounds like stereotypical government job "work".

30 minutes ago, b47356 said:

Since everything is online, what exactly do they do to have "2-3" people only move "100-150" a day?

I'm sure you are the bestest and fastest at your profession, but at 150 a day divided by 3 = 50 checks each

That equates to approx 6.5 mins per check if said person took no coffee break, lunch break, smoke or bathroom

I know the system is flawed (big time) but personally I think your remark is off base........

3 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

I'm sure you are the bestest and fastest at your profession, but at 150 a day divided by 3 = 50 checks each

That equates to approx 6.5 mins per check if said person took no coffee break, lunch break, smoke or bathroom

I know the system is flawed (big time) but personally I think your remark is off base........

NICS has said that when things go smoothly they can do a NICS check in two minutes. The problem is when they need to investigate something, they could spend 20 -30 minutes doing one check.

10 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

NICS has said that when things go smoothly they can do a NICS check in two minutes. The problem is when they need to investigate something, they could spend 20 -30 minutes doing one check.

This is very true except now when there is a question, and it goes to the supervisor for clarification, the Supv. may call the local PD and not get anyone in the admin office; so that can delay to check even longer.

Bottom line is it is an inconvenience to all of us, but it could be worse. Trump announced last night the Federally Gun MFG. & Retailiers (Dealers) are "essential" business and hopefully this will push Grewal to have NJ Gun dealers added to the essetial list and the ones that are closed can re-open - we will see.

Meanwhile - Everyone Relax...............

15 hours ago, b47356 said:

Just to update your remark - the NICS unit is open and they are in on a SUNDAY processing checks - still sound like "stereotypical govt. work"?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Just to update your remark - the NICS unit is open and they are in on a SUNDAY processing checks - still sound like "stereotypical govt. work"?

The folks in the FIU have always been helpful and courteous when I have had to call them. They have gone above and beyond to get my permits out when they have "disappeared" twice now. The second time I had a problem, the lady I worked with personally walked my OGAM exemption form to Det. Bloom for his signature.

These are good people - their management sucks, but they do the best they can under some crummy conditions.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, JT Custom Guns said:

I'm still waiting on 8:30 PM form 3/20 (Friday)

Best we can track - NICs is doing approx. 100-150 checks a day, and there were 1200 in the que on Sat

So, it would seem that possibly, they will be cleared out of all checks by next Friday (Possibly) but this is

just my educated guess......

Thanks for the update Jack! :good:

Im staying relaxed.. okay, maybe a little stressed! :lol::p   Or more like bummed...  I have some real shitty timing and luck. I have my last permit in hand, already extended, and it expires this week..  I have a handgun i bought and paid for in a private sale sitting at my FFL for 4 weeks now. I was in OGM jail, and was out of OGM jail last saturday! THE day the nics shutdown happened. My FFL put in my NICS during the afternoon, before the deadline... Has yet to get the NICS back, and even so, cant finish the transfer anyways since he's shut down..   Im just hoping the nics comes back in the next few days and our moronic governor is forced to allow dealers back in business..

23 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Am I supposed to be impressed that NJNICS is working on a Sunday, still processing requests from a week ago?

Fed NICS is open 17 hours a day and only closed on Christmas. Please excuse me if I'm less then impressed by a group that is normally 6 days a week and closed every state holiday. Thank you Gov. Whitman for this amazing state run system.