mta2

Mistake on my Gun Permit

Hello everyone!

I went to pick up my gun permit at my local PD and the clerk advised me that she typed my card wrong and forgot to put in a "0" on my card. I had requested 3 hand gun permits which had the correct permit number on it but the card had a mistake.

The clerk advised that I should try to purchase a firearm with the mistaken card and I tried at my local gun dealer and obviously didn't work.

The clerk also told me that the police chief is on leave and she cannot get a new card signed until next week or in 2 weeks.

I'm really upset because I went through the whole process and waited patiently for this and I believe I am being given the run around. With the virus spreading and offices being shut down, I really want to get this resolved sooner than later.

What are my options?

Thanks all

If buying handguns, no problem. If buying long guns, show the dealer the permit with the correct number. If buying ammo, the number doesn't matter. Keep your card til the Chief returns.

I was trying to buy a hand gun at the dealer and they said the SBI# has to match correctly with the NJFPID card.

The SBI# on the permit to purchase a hand gun is correct but missing a 0 on the ID card.

Clerk also said I should be able to purchase a hand gun but dealer is saying otherwise.

25 minutes ago, mta2 said:

I was trying to buy a hand gun at the dealer and they said the SBI# has to match correctly with the NJFPID card.

The SBI# on the permit to purchase a hand gun is correct but missing a 0 on the ID card.

Clerk also said I should be able to purchase a hand gun but dealer is saying otherwise.

Go back to the dealer and tell them you dont have an FPID, because you dont need it to buy an handgun. 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

We just went over this same topic in a thread a few weeks back.  No fpid card needed at time of purchase

Tell that to RTSP Randolph. They want everything. Only bought one handgun there and had to make two trips (two hours worth) because I didn't have my FPID card with me.

That was the last firearm I will buy there.

4 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Tell that to RTSP Randolph. They want everything. Only bought one handgun there and had to make two trips (two hours worth) because I didn't have my FPID card with me.

That was the last firearm I will buy there.

It was actually RTSP in Union. I tried again this morning and no go!

I then called the PD again and politely asked to expedite the new card. An hour later, I got the card fixed!

Even though I didn't need it apparently...

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

5 hours ago, 45Doll said:

They explained that's the way the owner(s) want it and they're entitled to run their business as they see fit.

I'll be shopping elsewhere.

That's the beauty of being a consumer even un gun hostile NJ.

But support the local business, bleats the sheep.