deerpark

Is anyone going to start carrying? How about hunting?

Not sure how hunting works. 

I believe it has to be the correct season, that you need a permit or license? 

Would this stop anyone from hunting if you need food?

What about concealed carry?

Obviously, that would make you a giant criminal in NJ despite it being lawful in most other states.

Will you do it anyway if you need to be out of your home knowing that things can get ugly very quickly out in public?

• FacePalm 1

3 hours ago, deerpark said:

Obviously, that would make you a giant criminal in NJ despite it being lawful in most other states.

Will you do it anyway if you need to be out of your home knowing that things can get ugly very quickly out in public?

You are basically asking on a public forum if people are going to break the law... so don't expect many answers. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 1

21 hours ago, deerpark said:

First Rule of Fight Club:

DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!!

Troll much?  

~R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, rifleman said:

I bought two thirty round magazines this week- one had PBR and the other Miller Lite. 

So, you're stocking up on blanks, then?

:)

• Haha 3

The better (and legal) question is when and under what circumstances you would actively carry within your home and on your property, what steps are we taking to be at a higher state of readiness in the event of a potential home invasion, etc.

In my case, after Hurricane Sandy, things were in a significant state of distress in my locale. Including Eg strangers from elsewhere roaming the area, isolated reports of looting, etc. That is an example of when I would be inclined to carry within my home..

Also double checked how many rounds are in my spare mags, etc.  All my guns remain in their respective safes. However may pre-enter most of the combo each night for the handgun safe  that that is under my bed to enable faster access under stress.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

38 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

However may pre-enter most of the combo each night for the handgun safe  that that is under my bed to enable faster access under stress.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Do you have children in your home?  If the answer is no, why are you locking your firearms in a safe when you are there?

I have firearms in several places.  Nightstand being one of them.    I do have a safe for other times.

I also have a .44 magnum downstairs in case a bear enters the home again.  It happened in 2007 and I put bars over that window.   We tore that part off the house and I did not replace the bars and the new window is higher.  It could get another bear, so if Yogi gets in again, Yogi dies.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Everyone has to do what makes them comfortable. I'm not at the point yet where I feel I need to carry at home. That may change, it may not. I do revisit that idea often. 

I would just stress/ask everyone to be smart, diligent and SAFE. The current state of affairs make the basic rules of firearm safety MORE important, not less. The last thing we need are more statistics for the antis.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, rifleman said:

I bought two thirty round magazines this week- one had PBR and the other Miller Lite. Also a 12 round magazine loaded with Yuengling. I already have 12 round mags with Molsen in my bunker.

Have you tried Molsen Nagant yet?  It's got a nice little kick but can really mess you up if you're not careful! :)

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

Do you have children in your home?  If the answer is no, why are you locking your firearms in a safe when you are there?

I have firearms in several places.  Nightstand being one of them.    I do have a safe for other times.

I do have numerous grandchildren who live within a short walking distance and who often visit at any moment(during the day/early evening). Hence the reason they are kept in safes(specifically, Fort Knox Pistol Boxes).  FWIW,  I do have firearms in safes on both levels of my home. As was noted above, maintaining a posture of firearms safety is still critical. So that needs to be balanced against the need for rapid access depending on your particular situation and the situation at large.

2 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

All my guns remain in their respective safes. However may pre-enter most of the combo each night for the handgun safe  that that is under my bed to enable faster access under stress.

This is a great suggestion, and I think everyone should consider practicing fast access to their HD weapons. Many just place them in their safes, and don't think about quick access and deployment.

9 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

FWIW,  I do have firearms in safes on both levels of my home. As was noted above, maintaining a posture of firearms safety is still critical. So that needs to be balanced against the need for rapid access depending on your particular situation and the situation at large.

I have mentioned about "hide in plain sight" concealment furniture for certain quick access tools. I'd doubt a sudden intruder is going to allow anyone time to run to their closet safe, plug in the code, and then decide which tool they want.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 5:01 PM, carl_g said:

You are basically asking on a public forum if people are going to break the law... so don't expect many answers. 

It was a rhetorical question.

Primarily to reflect, putting things into perspective during potential times of real hardship.  

And to those that monitor this forum of ours, I have to wonder, some of them law makers I'm sure.

Ddoes the unlawfulness and immorality of their actions ever give them pause.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, JackDaWack said:

Anyone know where I can get 30 round magazine? 

:facepalm:

I bought a couple 30 and 40 rounders last week, though I live in free America :).  No shortage here!

• Agree 1

Interesting thread. OP, people will do what they believe they need to do, laws not withstanding. I know a guy, we'll call him Ricky, who worked in some unfortunate areas. He carried a snubby and the denizens of that area were aware of that. They gave him no trouble and were certainly not going to invite the man into their lives by reporting the issue.

good read....Check your batteries! one of Crimson Traces was Dead.

The Gun Lover’s Guide to Keeping Busy During a Quarantine

https://gatdaily.com/the-gun-lovers-guide-to-keeping-busy-during-a-quarantine/

On 3/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, JackDaWack said:

Anyone know where I can get 30 round magazine? 

:facepalm:

I actually purchased a few, and they were mailed to my second residence.... in Pennsylvania, where they will anxiously await reunification when I move back to the Commonwealth of freedom!