deerpark

Is anyone going to start carrying? How about hunting?

14 minutes ago, EX Carnival man said:

Here's what I'm doing.    sdl;kj nsdlfv sd;lkfne kfn ;wkjkrj ig;lh,h  r;rlgkg'g 'tl;kgmg poglkg,v 'tk;lgm t'ktmkg mgvG Vvm' t[gpomgt   I feel very safe.

Wow!  I have not seen that old code in years!  Be careful with 'tl;kgmg poglkg, even though technically legal, most street Cops will give you grief if they see them! Where did you find the Vvm' t[gpomgt?  I have looked everywhere and they are out of stock!

• Haha 3

On 3/18/2020 at 8:16 AM, oldguysrule649 said:

The better (and legal) question is when and under what circumstances you would actively carry within your home and on your property, what steps are we taking to be at a higher state of readiness in the event of a potential home invasion, etc.

In my case, after Hurricane Sandy, things were in a significant state of distress in my locale. Including Eg strangers from elsewhere roaming the area, isolated reports of looting, etc. That is an example of when I would be inclined to carry within my home..

Also double checked how many rounds are in my spare mags, etc.  All my guns remain in their respective safes. However may pre-enter most of the combo each night for the handgun safe  that that is under my bed to enable faster access under stress.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I always have my sig on me within my home. 

On 3/18/2020 at 8:16 AM, oldguysrule649 said:

The better (and legal) question is when and under what circumstances you would actively carry within your home and on your property, what steps are we taking to be at a higher state of readiness in the event of a potential home invasion, etc.

In my case, after Hurricane Sandy, things were in a significant state of distress in my locale. Including Eg strangers from elsewhere roaming the area, isolated reports of looting, etc. That is an example of when I would be inclined to carry within my home..

Also double checked how many rounds are in my spare mags, etc.  All my guns remain in their respective safes. However may pre-enter most of the combo each night for the handgun safe  that that is under my bed to enable faster access under stress.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I carry at home every day...you don't?  You should.... safes?   Hmmmmmm  little kids sure...but your at a disadvantage....

There is a loaded 5inch 1911 condition 3 under my.pillow  a loaded mossberg 590a1 next to my bed and a loaded g19 with 147gr pills on my wife side and a g26 in my daughters room...all have spare mags...we are on the second floor....along with a flashlight and a set of earphones....

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

There is a loaded 5inch 1911 condition 3 under my.pillow  a loaded mossberg 590a1 next to my bed and a loaded g19 with 148gr pills on my wife side and a g26 in my daughters room...all have spare mags...we are on the second floor....along with a flashlight and a set of earphones....

What....no attack dog???  :mutley:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You should.... safes?   Hmmmmmm  little kids sure...but your at a disadvantage....

I wonder how many people here have actually ran through a practice drill where they had to get something out of their safe to defend themselves quickly? I doubt many...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I wonder how many people here have actually ran through a practice drill where they had to get something out of their safe to defend themselves quickly? I doubt many...

I am not a leo...never been in the two way range...dont wanna be... and i am NOT going to fight fair...  

Also most don't realize frog brain on adrenal dump, and what it does to them, there.is no way they are entering a code at o dark 30 when the crash happens.....

Also..

My stairs from the front door have two gates across them....one at the bottom and one at the top both latching from when my babies were babies..never removed them...they are now well positioned obstacles for an attacker...slow him down enough to catch buckshot in the chest  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, leahcim said:

I really don't understand the point, I thought the 2A sanctuary people in VA were saying they would not enforce unconstitutional laws.

Perhaps I have a different understanding of the word sanctuary

Some certainly said that in VA.   When NY passed the SAFE act, a LOT of the upstate sheriffs said the same.

I believe some number would stand by their statements and not enforce the unconstitutional laws; the concern is that it has never really been tested, when loss of government jobs and pensions were on the line.

12 hours ago, leahcim said:

So if the county or township is 2A sanctuary, does that mean one can CCW without fear of prosecution?

Yeah.... Constitutional carry in just one small New Jersey municipality would be really really really cool.  The sanctuary movement here appears to be more about sending a message to Trenton, that are probably already aware of and just continue to ignore.

• Agree 1

I was having a conversation last night, regarding the natives getting restless when their paychecks stop. We've been talking here about lethal rounds for self defense.

Has anyone considered using non-lethal rounds instead? If the situation truly arises that you need to defend from a tweaker getting in, do you want to deal with that bloody mess, and all the police and legal crap that comes with it?

What about some non-lethal rounds from a 12 ga, like bean bag rounds or rubber bullets? Certainly would get the point across to the invaders, but might not bring all that other legal crap.

Just spitballin here...

On 3/16/2020 at 1:10 PM, deerpark said:

Not sure how hunting works. 

I believe it has to be the correct season, that you need a permit or license? 

Would this stop anyone from hunting if you need food?

What about concealed carry?

Obviously, that would make you a giant criminal in NJ despite it being lawful in most other states.

Will you do it anyway if you need to be out of your home knowing that things can get ugly very quickly out in public?

I think this guy is drinking his 30 year old Tang that he found in his basement bomb shelter. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

I was having a conversation last night, regarding the natives getting restless when their paychecks stop. We've been talking here about lethal rounds for self defense.

Has anyone considered using non-lethal rounds instead? If the situation truly arises that you need to defend from a tweaker getting in, do you want to deal with that bloody mess, and all the police and legal crap that comes with it?

What about some non-lethal rounds from a 12 ga, like bean bag rounds or rubber bullets? Certainly would get the point across to the invaders, but might not bring all that other legal crap.

Just spitballin here...

You come in my house uninvited and you’re going out on a stretcher at best.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I carry at home every day...you don't?  You should.... safes?   Hmmmmmm  little kids sure...but your at a disadvantage....

There is a loaded 5inch 1911 condition 3 under my.pillow  a loaded mossberg 590a1 next to my bed and a loaded g19 with 147gr pills on my wife side and a g26 in my daughters room...all have spare mags...we are on the second floor....along with a flashlight and a set of earphones....

Art of war.jpg

• Informative 2

Referring way way back to the beginning of this. Each person has to evaluate laws  for himself. Decide which ones apply, that you care about, that you might get caught breaking, etc.

So bottom line. I broke the law. I break the law. I will break more laws.

Be careful out there.

Kind regards. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:19 PM, USRifle30Cal said:

For God's sake.....Don't do anything to piss off your wife or daughter!

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Just spitballin here...

When I purchased my 12 gauge shotgun 6 years ago(btw, my first firearm purchase In decades), I naively thought non-lethal rounds would be a good idea and purchased several varieties.  However, after further educating myself, my goto shotgun defensive round became #4 buckshot.  If confronted with an armed intruder, and fearing for my life, once I make the decision to shoot, I want it to be as effective as possible.  Why give the intruder a second chance to inflict unspeakable horrors upon you and your loved ones.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Just spitballin here...

I thought about that too but...

7 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

When I purchased my 12 gauge shotgun 6 years ago(btw, my first firearm purchase In decades), I naively thought non-lethal rounds would be a good idea and purchased several varieties.  However, after further educating myself, my goto shotgun defensive round became #4 buckshot.  If confronted with an armed intruder, and fearing for my life, once I make the decision to shoot, I want it to be as effective as possible.  Why give the intruder a second chance to inflict unspeakable horrors upon you and your loved ones.

Yeah, I get that.. but just spitballin, maybe the first shell is rubber pellets, and if that doesn't change their mind, the second one will be buckshot. Maybe sending them away with some nice welts, will make them think twice next time, while saving you all the legal B.S.

Does anyone here actually know of someone who pulled the trigger on a intruder? We all speculate, but what happens to you in reality, after the cops show up? What type of legal headaches follow?

I know my wife would really be pissed if I splattered intruder blood on the carpet. :swoon:

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Yeah, I get that.. but just spitballin, maybe the first shell is rubber pellets, and if that doesn't change their mind, the second one will be buckshot. Maybe sending them away with some nice welts, will make them think twice next time, while saving you all the legal B.S.

I am certainly no expert on defensive use of a shotgun, but you may never get the chance to fire that second shot.

I think I recall reading that a bad guy can close a 21 foot distance in under 3 seconds.

Or maybe he just shoots you in the head before you have stopped the threat.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I am certainly no expert on defensive use of a shotgun, but you may never get the chance to fire that second shot.

That's certainly possible, but like I said, I don't know anyone who ever was in that situation, so it's all a mind experiment now. I guess it would depend on the distance to the target.

13 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I think I recall reading that a bad guy can close a 21 foot distance in under 3 seconds.

Which is why a shotgun or rifle isn't my first choice, but a handgun is. In the case of that distance getting closed up, getting a round or two off, even in direct contact, a handgun would give a better fighting chance.