Sniper

Treasury and IRS to delay tax season deadline by 90 days

Figured I'd start a new thread for this, as some here could benefit from it. I know I will... I really wasn't looking forward to sending a big check on April 15th...

....."Taxpayers will get a three-month reprieve to file their 2019 income tax returns, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Tuesday at a press conference.

As part of its coronavirus response, the federal government will also give filers 90 days to pay income taxes due on up to $1 million in tax owed, Mnuchin said in Washington. The reprieve on that amount would cover many pass-through entities and small businesses, he said.

During that three-month deferral period, taxpayers won’t be subject to interest and penalties, he said.

The tax deadline delay pushes the due date for last year’s returns and taxes from April 15 to July 15.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/treasury-and-irs-to-delay-tax-deadline-by-90-days.html

1 minute ago, W2MC said:

Is there any news worth reading?

Well I read it , then constantly re read it here from a parrot.

shouldnt we be focusing on where to get toilet paper, are you sick? Do you need anything.

id argue most of our members are pretty well informed.

And stay out of Bayonne 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

Is there any news worth reading?

Only the stuff Facebook and Google crams through your news feed  :scratchhead:... you know, only the "news" they want you to read. Why do you think people here are so uninformed? Kitchen appliances and dinner meat is more important. :nea:

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

Only the stuff Facebook and Google crams through your news feed  :scratchhead:... you know, only the "news" they want you to read. Why do you think people here are so uninformed? Kitchen appliances and dinner meat is more important. :nea:

I would like to think the majority of those on this forum are amongst the most well informed!  It kind of goes hand in hand with responsible gun ownership! 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

It would ne nice if I got my tax returns already.  We filed our taxes over a month ago and still no monies. 

You should have said something. Instead of having mailed mine in to the gov. I would just have handed them to you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I would like to think the majority of those on this forum are amongst the most well informed! 

Sure, the majority. But a few of the minority here just "think" they're informed. Everyone knows that.